3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Purchased this after lightening my hair to use as a color safe toning shampoo and it did nothing!!! Didn't tone out brassiness at all, was so disappointed. Don't buy if that's what you're going for.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBrown

3.0

a year ago

This shampoo did nothing as far as lightening effects. But it was really moisturizing...i was surprised because most blonde products are super drying. I would repurchase because it was a good shampoo but not for the blonde claims

About reviewer (981 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

from

a year ago

I’m not the type of person that has sensitive skin or allergies but this made my skin so itchy!! My scalp was dry to the point I was scratching it all day like I had lice and to make matters worse I used it in the bath so I’m itchy all over... some dripped on my forehead and it is litterally pink. It smelled like ammonia and harsh chemicals but I didn’t think twice as I thought this was just the highlight activating components and it was supposed to smell that way.... took a few uses to have this reaction but the first couple of times it just left my hair extremely greasy and flat ( with a dry scalp as well). Would not recommend to anyone. Huge waste of 20$ for the two!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This keeps my hair the color I like, no need for any other coloring.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair

4 years ago

Yes this has sulfates in it...but I was definitely willing to look past that if the performance was decent. It wasn't...this shampoo sucked. John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo doesn't lather much, got stuck to my scalp (has the consistency of a cleansing conditioner despite being drying..), and the promises are very misleading. I know there's bound to be a ton of people out there purchasing this thinking it'll magically lighten their roots without the damage of bleaching chemicals. But the truth is...the lactic acid in this makes your hair photosensitive. Once out in the sunlight, THEN your hair will begin to lighten a bit once UVA rays hit. This is damaging to your hair, just like tanning is damaging to skin. Sun In is a very popular leave in product with the same concept. You're basically cooking your hair. To make matters worse..this is a shampoo. Meaning the ingredients will only have contact with your hair for about a minute or so. Thus - a product like Sun In would actually be much more effective. (Again - I'm not a fan of either methods). My hair didn't feel particularly clean after using this. It DID however still feel VERY dry, just like all the other shampoos that have over stripped my hair. My SO is going to use the bottle up since I won't touch it. He's a man, naturally clueless.

About reviewer (514 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This shampoo, along with the conditioner, are my HG hair products. As I'm sure a lot of the woman on the site can relate, I'm a total product junkie. I've tried so many different shampoos and conditioners and always, alllllwaaayyys come back to this, it's just perfect for me. I've got long, fine, dark blonde hair that I get highlighted. It gets dry. This shampoo gets it clean, shiny, smooth and soft and makes my highlights sparkle. I'm all set and will stick with this and won't add to the shampoo graveyard that's located under my sink anymore ;)

About reviewer (191 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

This managed to lighten my hair better and in more golden tones than the go blonder did. So, regarding color and lightening, it was nice, but talking about how it leaves your hair feeling... meh, and it gets dirtier quicker.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I have dyed silvery blonde hair, which can get brassy from the pomade I use to shape my pixie cut. This shampoo is fantastic at cleansing; my hair always feels airy and soft after I use it and not stripped or dried out. I don't think it lightens my hair much, though it's hard to say as my hair is a level 10. It does, however, get rid of the darkening buildup and tones my coppery roots a little. I wash my hair about 3 times a week and use this shampoo every time! The smell is sort of a honey floral. I have sensitive skin and this shampoo does not break me out or give me a rash.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I have the highlight enhancing shampoo for darker shades of blonde. I love this!! I don't think it's actually meant to lighten your hair which some seem to think its suppose to do. It says it removes build up so your hair can show all the spectrums of blonde, which for me it does. People always ask if I lightened or dyed my hair after I use this! Plus it gives me crazy volume! I purchased luxurious volume after I tried this because I thought hey if this is great at giving me volume I bet the shampoo that's actually made for giving volume would be the best I've ever had... Nope. Not where near as great or even good. Idk what it is about this stuff and it's volume but if I wash with it, I know I'm getting compliments!!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I decided to try this product after a stylist colored my hair and got it WAY too dark. I asked for a dark golden blonde. My hair turned out almost black with red tones!! my husband hated it and he never 'advises' me on my hair. We went on vacation the day after my hair appt, so I couldn't go back to the stylist (and frankly didn't want to!) so, I saw the John Frieda Sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner on the shelf and decided to try it. within a week of using every day, my hair was lightened to the point of actually being the color I wanted from the stylist!! so, for the purpose that I bought it I give it 5 stars.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over