OPI Pink Shatter

OPI Pink Shatter

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

can anyone tell me which nail polish they use under this? specific brand and shade name? ive been trying to find the right color but i can never...

the polish dries fast, which is prolly the only pro. i got this for $2.99 at ulta on clearance.

My favorite shatter. It looks great over white!!! It isn't so scary as the black and bright colors! It lasts well with top coat. It is a great color I do recommend it. But, because it's a bit sheer I recommend using a pale color underneath it!

on 1/14/2012 10:11:00 PM

I love the effect of shatter/crackle nail polishes, and I own several China Glaze Crackles. I had never tried out OPIs version because I have a hard time finding them where I live. But my boyfriend gave this to me for Christmas and I was so excited to try it out!
The China Glaze Crackles I have are all flat colors with no shimmer or metallic sheen. Because I really only wear cream/jelly colors on my nails, I was always skeptical that the Crackles with glitter would look strange. I had the same worry when I first looked at this Pink Shatter, because it has a slightly metallic sheen to it. But so far it's looked fabulous over every color I wear it over! (Side note: My favorite combo with this is to use Hello Kitty Banana Cream underneath; it looks so fun !)
Pink Shatter is a bright, in-your-face pink. The formula is thinner than the China Glaze Crackles that I have tried and it's very easy to apply. Just put a light coat of this over a complimentary color and the shattering will begin. It cracks very nicely without leaving too many large, uncracked pieces, so the color you have underneath can still shine through. I do my nails myself, always using a top coat and base coat, and this wears for about 5 days without chipping, though most of it depends on the polish you have underneath as well.
Overall, I love this, and it's a shame it was limited edition! I will definitely be searching for more OPI Shatters in the future!

on 1/19/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very nice shatter, easy to work with. Very bright pink. Definitely would recommend.

on 2/13/2012 1:11:00 AM

This is a beautiful colour. Almost fluro pink. When you apply over a base case it almost looks translucent though, not very thick. Iv been using it as a regular nail polish by applying about 4-5 coats and I love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love anything pink, so I had to have this shatter. It's my first shatter, and I kinda wish I'd just picked another colour. I found that it's very transparent, so if used on a dark colour base it just looks a bit messy and lumpy when the light doesn't catch it and the true pink colour isn't obvious. I was really looking forward to using this pink shatter on top of a black colour so it was a bit of a let down. Instead I use it on top of OPI's 'It's totally fort worth it' which looks quite nice, but really would have liked to have been able to use it over dark colours too.

I walked past a beauty salon with all the breast cancer awareness beauty products out. I went in to look and this was sitting there. So, I has to get it. It is like a hot pearly pink shatter. This was made for Susan G. Komen for the Cure in the hopes of increasing breast cancer awareness. This is my favorite shatter I think.

on 10/28/2011 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am usually very excited for the annual OPI shade they come out with for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Usually I am not into pinks at all, but considering that the money spent on this product will benefit others, I without hesitation purchased it though pink is not a colour I would rock at all. Previously having experience with OPI shatter (owning white, black, turquoise, blue, and gold), I personally find this formula of shatter the best - I find it shatters the nicest out of all of them. The first time I used Pink Shatter, I had on OPI's "Mod About You" underneath and it looked absolutely gorgeous. Many people complimented me on it, and I am now even considering this to be my valentine's day look for my nails in February! One thing I do advise is to apply top coat, and this applies to the use of any shade of shatter - it will not last if top coat is not used. My manicure did not chip for two weeks! Although this is a great product, I would say no to repurchasing, since this is a limited edition shade and quite frankly, when will I ever finish an entire bottle of nail polish?