Laneige Power Essential Balancing Emulsion - Light

4.5

on 2/3/2017 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This has a nice clean scent. Has not broken me out and I have very sensitive skin. It is not very moisturizing as it is for oily skin. I've been using Josie Maran Argan Oil Light underneath of this emulsion in the morning to help with extra moisture in the winter. In the summer, I won't apply the oil and just use the emulsion. I would definitely recommend.

Little bit about my skin. I have combination oily skin that easily breaks out and is very sensitive. I don't wear any foundation. I've tried so many different brands from store brands to higher end. Everything irritates my skin. My morning routine is to just use CeraVe hydrating cleansing bar, apply Josie Maran oil light, then Laneige balancing emulsion for combo oily skin. I only apply eye makeup. At night, I cleanse with CeraVe again then apply Dermatologica Intensive Moisture balance.

on 7/28/2016 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product! I bought a bottle last summer (a year ago) and I'm still using it this summer. I don't personally use it during the winter because my dehydrated combo skin needs something more rich in the cold weather here, in Canada. But when the temperature's getting higher (and the humidity) this light and fresh lotion is great. While it doesn't control my shiny nose 100% (no product ever did that yet) it keeps my skin quite fresh all day and the little makeup I use on top doesn't become heavy on cakey during a long day. It keeps my skin clear as well and the hydrating effect is just right. For me, its a perfect daytime moisturizer for summer.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first product from Laneige two years ago, and it never left my skincare routine ever since. This really works well, alongside with other products that I use, in lightening and healing my acne scars and dark spots. You really get their claim for a 'clear and transparent skin'. You can feel the hydration going on once you apply it, although it easily gets greasy when you apply an additional amount but it's not a bad thing in my case. The only thing I don't notice that much is the excess sebum control, since I have a very oily skin. Yes, pricey, but the product itself—from packaging to effect—justifies it.

on 11/4/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

does what it says.
I found it to be a great product for the price point. Laneige is an entry level department store only kind of cosmetics line geared towards people in their 20s.
That being said it is marketed way cheaper than jt could be in the US at Target as a drugstore brand which it is not.

At this price-point it blew the other Korean lotions out of the water (because everything else is similar in price is marked up 2x as that in Korea in US and are drugstore level quality).

The only reason it is not 5 stars is because Laneige emulsion is no match for my HG sulwhasoo balancing water and emulsion.

I like the packaging especially because the cap actually stays on!!! Lasted me a semester (day and night use). I didn't use sparingly cuz Target.
Made out of hard plastic so no worries about it being shatterproof.

Of course it is paraben free.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Still on my 1st bottle lasts really long, let me see 1 year? My daily routine. Does not leave the cheeks & forehead oily. Half or 3/4 pump is enough. Hygienic packaging. Feels light & smells really good. Product works well with other water bank products.

Power essential skin refiner (fancy name for toner) > Balancing emulsion > Water bank essence > Water bank gel cream

Laneige products are kind of on the high, starting from SGD40. But it's worth every penny.

on 12/13/2013 8:18:00 PM

I have been using this products for years, ever since the first one month i started using it my skin has been always kept moisted, sebum is under control. Finally found the product that cured the once acne-prone skin. Threw away all my other supposedly helps clear acne products like Clean and Clear, Clearasil, Clinque, Garnier, BodyShop... This product saved my skin!

on 10/30/2013 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and was hoping this product could balance it. It has a very watery consistency which easily absorbs into the skin and it has that signature Laneige smell (which I don't mind). However I have found it is not at all moisturising, in fact my face ends up being more oilier. With that being said this has never clogged my pores or made me break out, for me it is one of those safety back-up moisturisers that I will go back to when new products go wrong (ie. breaks me out). Oh and I really love the packaging and hygienic pump, it's plastic and appears very classy.

on 4/30/2013 11:09:00 AM

I love this product!
this is so good!
for some reason, i really feel the moisture does get into the bottom layer of my skin , which gives my skin a very dewy finish!
in summer time, I only use toner and this emulsion and it gives me an oil free face for the whole day!
only bad thing is this is a bit pricy

on 4/17/2013 11:24:00 PM

Best moisturizer ever.:):) I love laneige skincare:):) They are light, hydrating, calming. Good for my acne proned, dehydrated, combination skin type. Will buy again:):)

on 12/11/2012 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have been using this for about 1 month. Previously i used origins make a difference moisturizer which was amazing when combined with origins purifying toner and after tht origins mega mushroom which was blerghh..but i decided to try other brand that is less expensive considering the fact that im still a student. The bottle is a sturdy glass, 120ml volume, and has a pump. The SA adviced me to pump twice onto cotton pad before applying but i think it's such a waste so i use 1 pump after using the toner (laneige skin refiner- light) and trust me its enough. I let the toner dries up a lil before applying the moisturizer. I find its better this way coz it absorbs better. I live in a hot and humid country and so far it does reduce the oiliness and my pimples are not coming out so regularly anymore compared to when i was using mega mushroom. I think its best to use it with the toner. Both of them smell so nice especially the toner! Plus, they absorb really quick too. In conclusion 4 stars for hydration and keeping pimples at bay. PS-. Theres also laneige water bank line in which you can apply it over the moisturizer, if you need extra hydration, its like that clinique hydrating gel. I got the water bank samples, and so in love with it im temped to buy it after this one finishes but the SA told me you have to use the basic line (the moisturizer and toner) and cannot use the water bank as the moisturizer alone. ;(