Essie Very Structured

3.3

on 11/17/2012 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this nail polish on a whim in T.J. Maxx. It was on sale for $3.99, and it looked like a pretty brownish-pink in the bottle. I got it home and put it on my nails and I was not exactly upset, but certainly surprised. The polish went on very evenly and was easy to apply, but when a looked at my nails, they were chocolate brown! Not even a tiny bit of pink. I'm not big into unconventional nail colors like this one, and that's why I gave it three lippies. But if this is your kind of color, it is an excellent nail polish. Will I be repurchasing? No.

I found this Essie color on sale at Marshall's in the US for 3.99 and decided to try it - this and one other I bought are my first Essies.

This is a really nice color for fall, sort of a "deep neutral." It's like a mix of cocoa brown and brick red - I want to call it "cinnabar." It's a deep color but not bright and would probably be appropriate even as a polish to wear to work. It was a bit streaky after 1 coat but became opaque after 2 coats (though I don't apply polish very thinly... if you do, you might need 3 coats).

I love the color and after a couple of days I have no wear on most fingers, and only minor tip wear on a couple of fingers. I plan to repurchase because I love this color and have nothing else like it in my collection.

on 10/17/2011 4:18:00 PM

This is more of a general dislike about Essie polishes, not just Very Structured. I find that the polish is lighter in the bottle than it is on the nails, at least that I've found. Example: Very Structured is a burnt orange sienna in the bottle, but on the nails it is more of a dark brown. I get really frustrated by that kind of thing, and I find out of all of the nail polish brands I own and use, Essie polishes are more deceiving. Just my thoughts!!

Popular Polishes