Essie Very Structured

Very Structured

4.2

on 11/22/2011 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Essie fall 2011 line. It goes on darker than it appears in the bottle. In the bottle it looks like a burnt sienna. On my nails it is a medium warm brown with definate orange leaning toward sienna. I like it. It's a unique color. I got opaque coverage with just one coat (I was in a hurry and didn't want to wait for 2 coats to dry). I do like essie's formula. Worth purchase price because it is a very unique color. I have the color carry on from this collection too. It's amazing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the best Essie bottles I own. Great formula, ironically it's easy to apply, no streaks. Pretty much applies itself. It's not too runny nor thick, it's just wonderful.

on 6/26/2012 4:46:00 PM

This is the first color of Essie I ever purchased. I saw swatches of Very Structured and I had to have it. The color is unlike anything else I have, a midpoint between terra-cotta and light brown, which looks very tailored without being too conventional. It looks very good against my pale-cool skin, and works equally well whether I have long nails or short. This color is in my go-to bin and gets a lot of use from late summer to early spring.
The packaging for Essie polishes is pretty good. The brush gives me good drag-free application, and I think I have more control than with most other brand's brushes.
At $8 with no discounts at local stores, it's a bit hard for me to just buy a bottle whenever I feel like it, I have to really want a color. This has more to do with me being on an extremely tight budget. Because of this though, I have to deduct a few points because I don't find that the wear is as good as OPI or Sally Hansen Complete. I get more tip wear and peeling sooner with Essie than those two brands at the same price point. Still, when there's a very unique, have-to-have-it color, I'm happy to save my pennies up and splurge on Essie.

on 2/1/2014 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought my bottle of Very Structured in South Africa, where I paid almost US$ 10 due to the mark-up. I had been going through a phase of wanting a tan-leather nail varnish, but didn't like the leather-effect offerings from OPI and this Very Structured product looked like it might come close to what I wanted.

The colour is like a burnished sienna, but what you see is what you get: the colour doesn't change under different lighting. It's a close match for my tan leather accessories.

I've never used Essie before and was very pleasantly surprised by how easy it applies: the texture is thin enough to get even coats, although I do need to apply about 3 coats to get a full coverage. Each coat takes around 5 minutes to dry properly, and I'll finish off with Sally Hansen's Mega Shine top coat to make the application last.

on 12/19/2016 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. After seeing this color swatched on the web, I tracked down a bottle online through an online retailer, since Essie was sold out online. The color is described as a burnt sienna, and I should have took that to heart. Other reviews said it was a terra cotta, and a lot of the photos online showed it leaning towards a deep red with brown undertones. Just what I wanted.

Not even close. The formula was clumpy, but horribly streaky. Almost globby! 2 coats were all I could do without the color looking too clumpy on my nails, and I've used Essie polishes for years. Most of the time, they are too thin, not globby.

The color first applied has that light orange brown once it hits your nails, but after it dries, it darkens to a pure poop brown (sorry). No reds, definitely not terra cotta. It looks like clay dirt. Really disappointed. I love brown nail polishes and will probably wear this once I'm tan in the summer, but since the application was so nasty- I probably won't wear it as much as I'd hoped. Such a bummer. Will have to keep searching for a good red-brown (that stays more red).

Popular Polishes