Essie Very Structured

Very Structured

2.0

on 7/22/2014 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Same family as OPI's 'Crepes Suziette' which is my all time fave muted slightly retro browned bricky red, however this is more of a burn't sienna shade with quite umber undertones. Definitely a warm girl's friend - if you have golden undertones/can wear olive tones, pumpkin orange or golden browns this is your shade, if you are cool toned this will not be your fave polish. I love the shade and it took ages to get hold of a bottle but I hate the formula - it takes forever to dry and chips terribly (a problem I have with all essie polishes). On the lookout for a shade from Butter london or OPI in this tone as I can't stand applying this only to have it chip off within a few hours.

on 12/19/2016 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. After seeing this color swatched on the web, I tracked down a bottle online through an online retailer, since Essie was sold out online. The color is described as a burnt sienna, and I should have took that to heart. Other reviews said it was a terra cotta, and a lot of the photos online showed it leaning towards a deep red with brown undertones. Just what I wanted.

Not even close. The formula was clumpy, but horribly streaky. Almost globby! 2 coats were all I could do without the color looking too clumpy on my nails, and I've used Essie polishes for years. Most of the time, they are too thin, not globby.

The color first applied has that light orange brown once it hits your nails, but after it dries, it darkens to a pure poop brown (sorry). No reds, definitely not terra cotta. It looks like clay dirt. Really disappointed. I love brown nail polishes and will probably wear this once I'm tan in the summer, but since the application was so nasty- I probably won't wear it as much as I'd hoped. Such a bummer. Will have to keep searching for a good red-brown (that stays more red).

Popular Polishes