Essie Very Structured

4.4

on 2/1/2014 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought my bottle of Very Structured in South Africa, where I paid almost US$ 10 due to the mark-up. I had been going through a phase of wanting a tan-leather nail varnish, but didn't like the leather-effect offerings from OPI and this Very Structured product looked like it might come close to what I wanted.

The colour is like a burnished sienna, but what you see is what you get: the colour doesn't change under different lighting. It's a close match for my tan leather accessories.

I've never used Essie before and was very pleasantly surprised by how easy it applies: the texture is thin enough to get even coats, although I do need to apply about 3 coats to get a full coverage. Each coat takes around 5 minutes to dry properly, and I'll finish off with Sally Hansen's Mega Shine top coat to make the application last.

on 6/26/2012 4:46:00 PM

This is the first color of Essie I ever purchased. I saw swatches of Very Structured and I had to have it. The color is unlike anything else I have, a midpoint between terra-cotta and light brown, which looks very tailored without being too conventional. It looks very good against my pale-cool skin, and works equally well whether I have long nails or short. This color is in my go-to bin and gets a lot of use from late summer to early spring.
The packaging for Essie polishes is pretty good. The brush gives me good drag-free application, and I think I have more control than with most other brand's brushes.
At $8 with no discounts at local stores, it's a bit hard for me to just buy a bottle whenever I feel like it, I have to really want a color. This has more to do with me being on an extremely tight budget. Because of this though, I have to deduct a few points because I don't find that the wear is as good as OPI or Sally Hansen Complete. I get more tip wear and peeling sooner with Essie than those two brands at the same price point. Still, when there's a very unique, have-to-have-it color, I'm happy to save my pennies up and splurge on Essie.

on 11/22/2011 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Essie fall 2011 line. It goes on darker than it appears in the bottle. In the bottle it looks like a burnt sienna. On my nails it is a medium warm brown with definate orange leaning toward sienna. I like it. It's a unique color. I got opaque coverage with just one coat (I was in a hurry and didn't want to wait for 2 coats to dry). I do like essie's formula. Worth purchase price because it is a very unique color. I have the color carry on from this collection too. It's amazing.

on 10/17/2011 4:18:00 PM

This is more of a general dislike about Essie polishes, not just Very Structured. I find that the polish is lighter in the bottle than it is on the nails, at least that I've found. Example: Very Structured is a burnt orange sienna in the bottle, but on the nails it is more of a dark brown. I get really frustrated by that kind of thing, and I find out of all of the nail polish brands I own and use, Essie polishes are more deceiving. Just my thoughts!!

on 10/5/2011 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great burnt sienna. Edgy and elegant. More brown with a little orange. Good on nc40 skin tones. I usually do not like brown but this looks very nice.

Popular Polishes