Essie Very Structured

Very Structured

3.5

on 7/22/2014 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Same family as OPI's 'Crepes Suziette' which is my all time fave muted slightly retro browned bricky red, however this is more of a burn't sienna shade with quite umber undertones. Definitely a warm girl's friend - if you have golden undertones/can wear olive tones, pumpkin orange or golden browns this is your shade, if you are cool toned this will not be your fave polish. I love the shade and it took ages to get hold of a bottle but I hate the formula - it takes forever to dry and chips terribly (a problem I have with all essie polishes). On the lookout for a shade from Butter london or OPI in this tone as I can't stand applying this only to have it chip off within a few hours.

on 11/17/2012 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this nail polish on a whim in T.J. Maxx. It was on sale for $3.99, and it looked like a pretty brownish-pink in the bottle. I got it home and put it on my nails and I was not exactly upset, but certainly surprised. The polish went on very evenly and was easy to apply, but when a looked at my nails, they were chocolate brown! Not even a tiny bit of pink. I'm not big into unconventional nail colors like this one, and that's why I gave it three lippies. But if this is your kind of color, it is an excellent nail polish. Will I be repurchasing? No.

I found this Essie color on sale at Marshall's in the US for 3.99 and decided to try it - this and one other I bought are my first Essies.

This is a really nice color for fall, sort of a "deep neutral." It's like a mix of cocoa brown and brick red - I want to call it "cinnabar." It's a deep color but not bright and would probably be appropriate even as a polish to wear to work. It was a bit streaky after 1 coat but became opaque after 2 coats (though I don't apply polish very thinly... if you do, you might need 3 coats).

I love the color and after a couple of days I have no wear on most fingers, and only minor tip wear on a couple of fingers. I plan to repurchase because I love this color and have nothing else like it in my collection.

on 6/26/2012 4:46:00 PM

This is the first color of Essie I ever purchased. I saw swatches of Very Structured and I had to have it. The color is unlike anything else I have, a midpoint between terra-cotta and light brown, which looks very tailored without being too conventional. It looks very good against my pale-cool skin, and works equally well whether I have long nails or short. This color is in my go-to bin and gets a lot of use from late summer to early spring.
The packaging for Essie polishes is pretty good. The brush gives me good drag-free application, and I think I have more control than with most other brand's brushes.
At $8 with no discounts at local stores, it's a bit hard for me to just buy a bottle whenever I feel like it, I have to really want a color. This has more to do with me being on an extremely tight budget. Because of this though, I have to deduct a few points because I don't find that the wear is as good as OPI or Sally Hansen Complete. I get more tip wear and peeling sooner with Essie than those two brands at the same price point. Still, when there's a very unique, have-to-have-it color, I'm happy to save my pennies up and splurge on Essie.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a beautiful dark, burnt sienna shade (the perfect polish shade for fall/winter). I agree with other users that it does go on darker than it looks in the bottle. I get a nice opaque finish in 2 coats, and the wear is 4-6 days for me.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

a deep burnt orange, from Essie's fall 2011 collection.

Popular Polishes