Essie Very Structured

3.7

on 10/5/2011 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great burnt sienna. Edgy and elegant. More brown with a little orange. Good on nc40 skin tones. I usually do not like brown but this looks very nice.

on 10/17/2011 4:18:00 PM

This is more of a general dislike about Essie polishes, not just Very Structured. I find that the polish is lighter in the bottle than it is on the nails, at least that I've found. Example: Very Structured is a burnt orange sienna in the bottle, but on the nails it is more of a dark brown. I get really frustrated by that kind of thing, and I find out of all of the nail polish brands I own and use, Essie polishes are more deceiving. Just my thoughts!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

a deep burnt orange, from Essie's fall 2011 collection.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a beautiful dark, burnt sienna shade (the perfect polish shade for fall/winter). I agree with other users that it does go on darker than it looks in the bottle. I get a nice opaque finish in 2 coats, and the wear is 4-6 days for me.

on 11/22/2011 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Essie fall 2011 line. It goes on darker than it appears in the bottle. In the bottle it looks like a burnt sienna. On my nails it is a medium warm brown with definate orange leaning toward sienna. I like it. It's a unique color. I got opaque coverage with just one coat (I was in a hurry and didn't want to wait for 2 coats to dry). I do like essie's formula. Worth purchase price because it is a very unique color. I have the color carry on from this collection too. It's amazing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the best Essie bottles I own. Great formula, ironically it's easy to apply, no streaks. Pretty much applies itself. It's not too runny nor thick, it's just wonderful.

on 1/10/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I found this colour to be very deceiving. In the bottle it is gorgeous muted brownish orange...a colour which is very popular this fall/winter. But once applied it looks like a mucky brownish red. It stays this colour in all different lighting as well...I was hoping it would be more orange under bright lighting. I gave it a two because application on this nail polish is very good. It goes on creamy without any streaks. Make sure you swatch this one before purchasing. Some people will love this colour...unfortunately, it just wasnt what I was looking for.

on 1/14/2012 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I ditto katrosado5's review (3 below mine). I think this is a very nice color and the formula is great. I only wouldn't repurchase because I have a ton of nail polishes.

on 6/26/2012 4:46:00 PM

This is the first color of Essie I ever purchased. I saw swatches of Very Structured and I had to have it. The color is unlike anything else I have, a midpoint between terra-cotta and light brown, which looks very tailored without being too conventional. It looks very good against my pale-cool skin, and works equally well whether I have long nails or short. This color is in my go-to bin and gets a lot of use from late summer to early spring.
The packaging for Essie polishes is pretty good. The brush gives me good drag-free application, and I think I have more control than with most other brand's brushes.
At $8 with no discounts at local stores, it's a bit hard for me to just buy a bottle whenever I feel like it, I have to really want a color. This has more to do with me being on an extremely tight budget. Because of this though, I have to deduct a few points because I don't find that the wear is as good as OPI or Sally Hansen Complete. I get more tip wear and peeling sooner with Essie than those two brands at the same price point. Still, when there's a very unique, have-to-have-it color, I'm happy to save my pennies up and splurge on Essie.

I found this Essie color on sale at Marshall's in the US for 3.99 and decided to try it - this and one other I bought are my first Essies.

This is a really nice color for fall, sort of a "deep neutral." It's like a mix of cocoa brown and brick red - I want to call it "cinnabar." It's a deep color but not bright and would probably be appropriate even as a polish to wear to work. It was a bit streaky after 1 coat but became opaque after 2 coats (though I don't apply polish very thinly... if you do, you might need 3 coats).

I love the color and after a couple of days I have no wear on most fingers, and only minor tip wear on a couple of fingers. I plan to repurchase because I love this color and have nothing else like it in my collection.

Popular Polishes