MAC Paint Pot in Hyperviolet

4.5

on 3/29/2014 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Great base for my darkest colors and blends out easily. I paid a mere $11 for this at my CCO. Wonderfully pigmented and versatile. My only complaint is its a bit dry but that's fixed with glycerin.

on 3/6/2012 6:57:00 PM

I was so excited to finally see a dark, wearable purple paint pot from MAC. I got a great deal on this too, because I bought it when MAC was having a free over-night shipping promotion. This product blends well onto the eyelid, I apply it with my fingers and have no issues. It is very pigmented, you have to be very careful to put it only where you want it, otherwise you will have to wipe off the excess with a Q-tip and makeup remover. I love using this for a purple smokey eye. Nocturnelle is a great compliment to this paint pot. I am very happy I got my hands on this, since it was LE.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

MAC needs to bring back some color into their Paint Pots. They lost all of the unique shades in these and their Paints. I know some companies like to simplify sometimes, but these are mainly used to add depth under shadows. You end up using less shadow if you layer this under it. Hyperviolet is a plum violet, almost a wine shade. It's extremely pigmented compared to other Paint Pots. Make sure your jar is closed tightly. These will dry out because they are a gel cream shadow. At first this did seem thicker, but once I got that initial layer off it was creamy underneath. Maybe not as slippery as normal Paint Pots, but this is far more packed with pigment. You only need one application. It's almost exactly like Sketch. I also love Satin Taupe over it, Antiqued, and Cranberry. There are a lot of options.

on 10/9/2011 10:40:00 AM

I did not have the same experience as the other reviewer on this product. I have brown/hazel eyes and found this paint pot spread over the lid of my eye well, the color reminding me of sketch, only in a gel form. It makes any color placed over it even more pigmented and my eyes looked great all day. I received many compliments on it.

I admit I am an avid paint pot fan and have found all the newest paint pot (with perhaps one exception) to be an excellent addition to the MAC family - even if limited edition!

Top Rated Eye Shadow