NARS Concealer Stick

NARS Concealer Stick

3.8

As of Oct. 2013: polymethyl methacrylate, triethylhexanoin, dimethicone, neopentyl glycol dicaprate, polyethylene, diisostearyl malate, polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, cera microcristallina, polysilicone-2, methicone, tetradecene, candelilla cera, ascorbyl glucoside, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, glucosyl hesperidin, turmeric root extract, tocopherol, serralysin, silica, glycerin, water, butylene glycol, arctostaphylos uva ursi leaf extract, mica, titanium dioxide, ci77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 42090, CI 77163

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

Love this product! It's so seamless. I wear giorgio armani luminous silk in 9, i mix nars luminous weightless in syacuse and cadiz, coverfx mineral powder n60-n70 and caramel matches me perfectly. It seems like my skin tone throughout the year doesn't shift too far out of the colour range this shade covers. I especially love this for when i just want light coverage or for touchups. It doesn't break me out and i have acne prone skin (but clear thanks to paulas choice btw). The price is less than ideal but I would buy this again because it does exactly what i want. I love the creamy concealer as well. They are both very natural looking. I think this concealer isn't as full coverage as other highly pigmented ones so some ppl may not prefer it but i love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this concealer to cover my acne scars. I haven't used this as my under eye concealer. So this review is based on that. This concealer comes in many shades which is great as you will find out your skin shade match. My skin tone is nc42 in mac, the shade caramel matches my skin color perfectly. I can use it without foundation also, only to cover scars. It blends well and stay well also. It seems little drying though which is ok for scar coverage as it does not move. But it may be drying for under eyes though I'm not sure as I never used it under my eyes. It comes in a lipstick (stick) type packaging. Which you have to roll in order to make it come out. You can apply the stick directly on the face without using hand/brush. I blend it using my real technique sponge. The price is $25 which is ok as it has a good color match. Overall very nice product, highly recommended (for blemishes) .

on 3/4/2016 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I really wanted to love this concealer, but it did not live up to my expectations. I moisturized my face and around the eye area before using it. No matter how much I blended the concealer, it looked creased on my skin. The coverage of dark under eye circles and dark spots was not good. The good thing was that it had no fragrance and you just swipe it on to apply it.

on 10/30/2015 1:57:00 PM

i like it. I don't used it for under eye shadows but it covers redness very well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm infatuated with this product, it's also the only concealer that works on me. I have dry skin after a green tea mask, oily skin all other times, and my face makeup stays matte after 10 years of perfecting my makeup routine. (I'm very proud of my current foundation routine and products!!)

This concealer works because it's easy to use (I prefer solid stick concealer) and I travel with it. I put it in my carry-on without worrying about the limit on liquids or whatever. Under my eyes, around my nose, and to cover blemishes, it works great. Between my eyebrows, my skin tends to be dry there and the concealer doesn't look so good... still acceptable! unless people are super close to my face, they will notice that it looks dry. But who's THAT close anyways? Only boys are THAT close and by then, they won't be noticing my makeup ;)

However, I only dab it on and blend with my fingers. Custard is the perfect colour for me (I am C3 in MAC), it covers my blemishes very very very well.

The lasting power isn't so good though (7 hours tops?). Thus explains my "infatuation" and thus it's only 4 stars. Near perfect. But for now it's my go-to. It's not my concealer under makeup, it's my concealer for "Today I have absolutely no makeup except concealer around my nose." And it works wonderfully. For concealer under my makeup, I have a multi-colour corrector palette.

on 3/23/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great product

I just got this concealer after reading so many product reviews on MUA and I have to say that it is a very good concealer. It's small and expensive but I would rather pay more for something that actually works like it's suppose to and looks as beautiful on the skin as this one does. Beautiful is exactly what it is too with no creasing or drying and getting cakey looking under the eyes. I can honestly say that this is the best concealer that I have ever used in my life and I will absolutely continue to purchase it. I have quiet a lot to conceal on my face, I have a lot of redness from sun damage and I also use it under my eyes to cover up darkness. Try this concealer because it's worth a try.

I need to use concealer due to dark circles under my eyes, some redness and blemishes. Unfortunately I don't feel comfortable without.

Things I like about this concealer:
- Colour matches quite well
- It is not very wet or creamy so it doesn't make me break out at all
- Covers redness well

Things I don't like:
- Price to size ratio doesn't match up. It's $30 at Sephora and only lasts me a month or so.
- On the flip side, it can be a bit too dry. Sometimes I can almost hear the dryness of it as I'm blending it onto my face.
- Can crease

I've repurchased this several times already and will continue to do so until I get motivated enough to look for something of similar quality that won't make me break out and that perhaps lasts me a bit longer than a month.

on 12/20/2014 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This concealer creases like crazy on me, and barely even lasts two hours!

If you already own this, I would recommend using it on spots, scars, or pigmentation only and not under the eyes because it will crease and crinkle.

Overall, the pigmentation is strong, it blends out easily, has a weak lasting power, and the price simply isn't worth such little product.

If you're set on purchasing a NARS concealer try the Radiant Creamy Concealer instead, the stick concealer simply isn't worth it.

on 8/27/2014 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE this concealer. My under eye circles aren't that bad so I can go without concealer but this helps on days were my eyes are looking really tired, I also have some discolouration around my mouth and on my nose and this covers it perfectly. I've also been trying to grow out my eyebrows which has been a pain since it looks weird, and this concealer was a lifesaver when it came to that. I was however, hesitant when I first used it because it is very yellow toned so I threw it to the side. When I decided to come back to it it settled onto my skin nicely. The consultancy is thick but nothing that bothers me. The only downside I had to this is that I went through it fast