Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), sucrose stearate, cetearyl alcohol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) flower extract, oryza sativa (rice) extract, beta vulgaris (beet, extrait de racine de betterave) root extract, quillaja saponaria bark extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, yucca schidigera leaf/root/stem extract, artemisia umbelliformis extract, euphrasia officinalis extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane, extrait de canne à sucre) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silica, sucrose, fructose, glucose, coco-glucoside, inositol, maltodextrin, citric acid, benzoic acid, trehalose, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, CI 77947 (zinc oxide), alcohol denat., phenoxyethanol.

I am in love with this face wash!

I got it while visiting family. I did not pack a cleanser because the one I owned was far too expensive to travel with and risk it spilling out, so I just picked this one up once I got to my destination. I normally am super skeptical with all of the Burts Bee's products. I think i tried a product and didnt like it a long time ago, I'm not sure. But I had seen one of their cleansers in my gal pals bathroom and she seemed to like it, so i bought myself one to try.

It has changed the game for me. That whole trip, I could not wait to wash my face in the morning and before bed. The texture of it was unlike anything else I had used and the scent was wonderful. I'm only giving this product a 4 star because while the texture and smell were enjoyable to me, I could see others really not enjoying it. It's a thick cream that can feel odd if your skin is more textured at the moment. I find mixing it with water before putting it on my face helps with that. it can take a second to rinse off but trust me, it feels so good after!

When I first started using the product my skin was doing great. Then all of a sudden my acne got worse so i looked into other products i may have used that may have ruined my skin. I looked at the ingridients and thats when I realized there was COCONUT OIL in the cleanser. If you dont kbow, coconut oil doesnt moisturize the skin, instead it clogs the pores and causes break out which is what happened to my face. DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT cause your skin is going to break out. Avoid cocnut oil on your skin to "moisturize" and use oils like jojoba oil or almond oil. They actually moisturize the skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have very dry and sensitive skin. I really like this cleanser! It is 99% natural and fragrance free. The formula is very thick, smooth, and luxurious. It doesn’t have any kind of significant fragrance. I don’t usually like cream cleansers due to residue, but this rinses off just fine. Cleans my face without irritating it, and pores do not clog up. I’d definitely buy again!

If you truly have sensitive skin, please don't use this. It just sucks.

İ dont feel ,my skin cleans deeply.texture not foam..if you have roseca or sensitive skin ,cotton. Extracts Goodyear for you.

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REMOVE A FULL FACE OF MAKEUP! pros: -simple and non irritating -most of the ingredients are natural(that doesn't always mean it won't be irritating) -softens skin -doesnt break me out cons- you have to cut open the bottle to get all the product out (there is still about a week's worth of wash in there) I am tired of people hating on this product because "it barley removed makeup" its not a makeup remover stop treating it as such.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had been looking for a gentle cleanser that would remove make-up and not have terrible ingredients.
It took me an age to find something (and I have tried many other cheap and top brands). I came across this in a Boots store (UK) and found it on offer, so I thought I'd give it a go!

You must apply this to a wet face. This is great for me, as I use this before I go to bed when I remove my make up. I always use a hot/damp wash cloth to remove my make up along with my cleanser. I don't wear a huge amount of make up anyway, but it does remove everything.

It is very gentle on the skin, and it leaves it feeling soft and smooth. I even like the aroma. It is not strong, but it smells very natural!

It is a little pricey, but I would buy this again. It does not break me out and I have oily/ sensitive skin. Love it. x

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser is really low grade and a waste of money. It's a gunky mess. All Burt's Bees products are junk, save for the lip balms (beeswax over abreva is magic for fever blisters, as beeswax has antiviral & antimicrobial properties). I think the reason is karma. Burt Shavitz, whose pic is on the products, was screwed over by his ex-girlfriend Roxanne Quimby.

Quimby took Burt's beeswax magic and made millions for herself while Burt was left in the cold. Read about it here: http://www.treehugger.com/corporate-responsibility/the-back-story-behind-burts-bees-it-sold-out-years-ago.html

If it matters to you how regular people are treated by others who steal their ideas & cash in on them, boycott Burt's Bees. I think it's disgusting how Mr. Shavitz died living in a coop while Ms. Quimby is still living the high life b/c she's a thief. 'Nuff said.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this cleanser after reading several good reviews. I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin that is showing signs of rosacea (flushing mans redness on cheeks). The cleanser is very creamy, a little bit goes a long way. After washing, I noticed a film was left behind. At first, I was pleased with the wash as my face looked much less red, and the skin looked more hydrated. After about a week, the redness came back and there are several bumps on my cheeks. I'll be returning this, and trying Cerave.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Im in the minority of those who like this wash. I bought it on a whim while grocery shopping. I have very sensitive skin that can be both oily and dry (if that makes sense) and break out easily. This cleanser is very gentle and creamy in consistency. I always remove my makeup with a makeup removing cleansing cloth (Ponds) before I wash with this. I don't think it would be suitable for removing make up. Its a little thick and would probably leave a film on your skin. A little goes a long way, a pea size amount is fine for me in the shower. I've been using it over 6 months and I haven't had any issues with breakouts or clogged pores (I do rotate with my Lush fresh pharmacy soap though). Gentle for winter skin but not too heavy for summer. I will say the smell can be a little off putting - not necessary a "bad" smell but kinda like clay IMO. The price isnt too steep (around $12 USD). I will probably repurchase, its a great simple cleanser to keep in the shower.