SKII Cellumination Aurabright Illumination Essence

3.7

Aqua (Water), Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate**, Niacinamide, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Pentylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Silica, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Dimethiconol, Polyglyceryl-2 Oleate, Panthenol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Centella Asiatica Extract, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Peg-20 Sorbitan Cocoate, Polysorbate

on 12/4/2015 10:01:00 PM

The best moisturizer so far, doesn't cause any breakouts or greasiness to my face (for day & night).

Creates a healthy looking glow, even though its less significant than Cellumination Deep Surge Ex.

Overall this is an okay (safe) product for sensitive skin (oily or with acne prones).

on 11/18/2015 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I switch my essence now and then from Cellumnation essence to stempower essence. Because I am in my mid 20s, I use skin evening essence then switch to anti aging essence.

Cellumination essence is light, smells nice and it gives the illuminating effect (usually after 2nd bottle), product makes your skin feels very radiant due to the illuminating effect.

It is say to even out your skin tone due to its whitening characteristics. Yes, it does but with continuous usage.

The bottle is the dropper type, it helps to measure the amount of product you use everyday but towards the end, it becomes abit troublesome when item is finishing up.

50ml at SGD299

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/2/2013 10:26:00 AM

Just got a sample. Quite effective to speed up my acne recovery and the fading out of the blemishes. It also kept my oily t-zone non-oily over the night. Didn't notice much brightening though. But definitely a good essence.

on 8/28/2013 8:59:00 AM

I have been using it for a week, but my menses are coming, so my face broke out. I decided to stop using this till my skin gets better. So anyway, I am not sure if this is one of the causes of my breakout. For the first 3 days of using it, I observed brighter skin and my oily-combination skin actually isn't as oily as before. It absorb quick into the skin too.

The bottle design is brilliant for sanitary purpose. But I am concern about the last few drops because the dropper def wont be able to pick it up.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product is not amazing. I really thought it brightened my skin...but it was all very temporary. It didn't do anything BAD to my skin just didnt work any miracles like it seemed like it promised it would. the bottle was PERFECT. it looked and was luxurious. The dropper worked perfectly and everything was very sanitary. However, the last bit of the product isn't picked up by the dropper so make sure you turn the bottle over in your hand and force it out because the little left behind is expensive!

if you're buying it on your own, I would seriously recommend using a sample first.it's not worth the hype but it's not awful. I'd just say it's like a regular serum you buy at the drugstore but it does absorb really fast and feels light and soft on the skin. It is fairly moisturizing as well.

I used to use Clinique skincare since the age of 18, and after 10 years of usage never bothered to change coz my skin was acceptable although I do have a fair amount of freckles. After reading reviews on SK2 Cellumination essence ex I decided to take a brave step to go all the way out for SK 2 despite the steep price. Noticed considerable changes in my skin, brighter and more even skin tone in just days after usage, comparatively to Clinique which I have used over 10 years and no difference..now I'm on my 2 nd bottle of Cellumination essence ex and also using the toner, and facial treatment essence as well to achieve better results...oh, n freckles actually become lighter too! I have tried soo many products in the past for my freckles and none worked before. Love this product. Now I use it twice a day on face and neck, it's been 3 months now and must say I am very pleased with d glow of my skin. Definitiely going to stick to this for a long long time!

on 2/11/2013 1:09:00 AM

Found this to be a rather effective serum at brightening my skin and giving a nice glow. It has a really nice light texture that is easily absorbed, and doesn't cause any breakouts.

I would buy it again if the price wasn't so ridiculous. In the meantime, I found Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance serum to be a much cheaper and adequate alternative.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using SK-II for almost 2 years, and of all the SK-II product, Cellumination line are total let down for me. This cellumination essence and cream, the packaging is beautiful, but the product somehow rubs together on my skin, and ball into white particles like eraser. It would NOT absord into skin. The more I rub the product, the more it clings to each other, and makes my skin look like im peeling off a mask. I have used the product right after cleansing, right after exfoliating, still the product clings to each other and leaves my skin with what only looks like peel off mask debris. I still love all the other SK-II products. I LOVE their clear lotion, FTE, signs cream, oil cleanser and creamy cleanser, signs eyecream, and whitening source essence. I'm just going to stick to whitening source for dropper essence instead of cellumination. Only Cellumination is fail for SK-II for me.

on 10/16/2012 3:09:00 PM

i got this product and a few others for my 16th birthday from my parents and I totally loved it the very first few trials! It really made my skin glow (even from afar) but then I noticed a few pimples here and there which weren't very familiar. but then again, my skin looks so good every time i wear this! even though i DO get a few pimples here and there, i think i can manage it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the upgraded version of the cellumination essence - the cellumination essence EX. the ex version claims to even-out skin tone and gives a highly defined aura skin even up-close at 20cm.

first of all this essence is very expensive. it hasn't rolled out yet in australia, but on strawberrynet it is selling at AU$225 for 50ml. I asked my mum to buy it from the SKII counter at HongKong airport, and it is retailing at HK$1230 for a 50ml bottle, which is equivalent to AU$160.

i have only started to use the essence for less than a week so i have no idea how long it will last. the instruction tells you to use it twice daily one pump each time for face and neck, and then another pump for highly problematic areas.

in terms of packaging, the bottle is very pretty but heavy. it comes with a pump so you can control the amount of product you use and it is very hygienic.

in terms of its effectiveness, so far, i can see some 'see-able' improvements. i use as directed (always use as directed. dun try to save product by using less as you can hardly see the results before you give up) and i can already see my skin glows after each application. it absorbs almost instantly and gives a hydrated, smooth and soft finish. i am trying to see the overall effectiveness of SKII products, so i stop using my other babies and focus on only using SKII products for now. after face wash and the facial treatment essence, i apply this, then followed by the signature cream. so far this routine has given me smooth and glowing skin with less oiliness. i cant tell whether it has lightened my freckles as yet, but it definitely gives my skin that natural beautiful glow after only 4 days of usage. i am still waiting to see any long-term effects of this product, particularly relating to lightening up freckles and dark spots etc. will update in a month's time.

by the way, i also find a great way of applying the SKII signature cream. before, i just spread the product onto my face with my fingers, but i always found the cream a bit sticky and took a long time to absorb. now what i do is to scoop a pearly-sized amount onto my middle finger tip, then rub the cream for a few seconds by using my middle and ring finger tips on my two hands. this will warm up and melt the product. then i use my finger tips and pat the cream all over my face until the cream is absorbed. i find this method much more easier and quicker to absorb. i also do the same when applying my bb cream. the bb cream stays on smoother and longer this way.