L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium EDTA, Rayon, Ethylparaben, Nylon-6, Polyvinyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Silica, Synthetic Wax. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide. (Taken from packaging 05/2011)

on 2/9/2017 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It's definitely not for everyone (as you can tell by the variance in reviews, lol.) However, personally I love it. Careful application will give you a true falsie lash look. Never experienced any fallout, smudging as far as clumping - I always comb through each application if needed. Leaves a semi matte finish on lashes.

on 2/9/2017 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Will not buy again. Actually makes lashes appear longer and little fuller but makes them hard. Clumps flake off sometimes with actual lashes. Definitely not for everyday use as I believe it eventually makes your lashes thin out.

on 10/17/2016 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Meh. I tried this on the recommendation of a customer but sadly did not work for me. I love the idea of fibers to elongate my lashes, and it did give nice length AND volume, but it just ended up flaking tiny clumps into my eyes. I rarely get flaking but this one did. It seemed to make my lashes feel rough and if I touched my lashes, I got flakes on my fingers. Not sure if perhaps layering another mascara over top would help prevent this.
The brush is decent, the colour a nice rich black (I got blackest black) and the packaging is snazzy (what's not to like about shiny gold packaging?) but it just did not blow me away. I haven't discarded it yet... but I think twice about giving it another go. I give it the 'side eye'... "you gonna flake in my eye again?"

on 8/24/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you are looking for a "natural" look then do not purchase this mascara. This is for people who love dramatic voluminous lashes. When I first began using this I loved how quickly I can apply my mascara because it dries very fast and I am one who does more than 1 coat of mascara. If gave me lots of volume and length without smudging. After continuous use I noticed the wand and product was more dry therefore giving me volume but not much length so I now mix it with the original voluminous mascara. I also wish the wand were shaped like a regular mascara. The twisted bristles make application a bit more difficult. I liked it but I will not repurchase because I prefer the original voluminous mascara.

on 8/4/2016 1:30:00 PM

No matter what other mascara I try I always end up coming back to this one. With proper application, this mascara adds volume and length while leaving no clumps. For a more dramatic look, you are able to build volume with extra coats and it will still not clump! Not many mascaras will allow that. I've gotten many complements on my lashes since using this mascara and I recommend it to anyone and everyone who asks.

Disclaimer: I have read the other reviews left for this product and many complain about smudges after a few hours of wear. I do not experience this problem at all, however I don't tend to get oily eye lids or undereyes. I WILL say that if you do tend to have oily/water eyes it does not surprise me that you would experience smudging because this product comes off VERY easily when exposed to water (or oils). I would not recommend this mascara be worn to the pool or beach if you are looking to go for a swim.

on 6/20/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a less expensive version of Blinc Amplified mascara, which is also fiber based, but this isn't it. It went on beautifully with no clumps and did give me the false eyelashes look. But after two hours I looked in the mirror and had major raccoon eyes, so I'll never wear it again. Blinc never, ever smears, so this won't do.

on 3/25/2016 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't really understand the good reviews for this product. This was really a miss for me. It's clumpy and dry, it's flaky, and as soon as you try to layer it, it clumps and give you ugly-spider-legs-lashes. It's also hard to remove with a micellar water (Bioderma or Lise Watier) and it makes the lashes super hard, not soft at all. Also, it smells bad unfortunately.

I like the color, it's a really really dark black, and I love the packaging, but that's about it.

on 2/4/2016 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This sucks...no ifs or buts about it.
A couple of hours after applying it's already smeared on my under-eyes.
I get no kind of "false" lashes results but I don't even mind that for I am in marketing and know all about marketing campaign.
Mascara has one job for me and it's making my eyes pop...now if there's length, volume, etc it's just icing on the cake but smearing, flaking, et al...nope. Mascara automatically goes in to the "suck" pile together with They're Real lol.
Back to Maybelline Sensational Mascara I go.

I don't understand the recent smashing reviews for this mascara, because every time I apply it, I want to cry. Melodramatic, I know, but within the realm of using makeup and relishing the ease and success with which it applies - this mascara gets two thumbs down. Plus, I have seen what false lashes look like, and this mascara's results definitely is not false lash worthy. It clumps and flakes, is tacky/sticky but dry at the same time, and kind of thick. My lashes look like I glommed onto them baby tarantula legs; they look awful, unnatural, spikey, and scary. I don't know what L'Oreal was thinking when it formulated this mascara. Big fail! The only nice thing about the mascara is its flashy gold-colored tube, and its long narrow-to-medium width brush. Though, there are reviewers that hate the long brush; I prefer longer brushes (like the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara), than shorter ones (Maybelline's Great Lash). Though, I wish the brush were a little tapered at the end so I can reach properly the inner corners of my eyes, and that the teeth on the brush were less bushy. Additionally, the black-color is rich/deep. I also find the mascara is fairly easy to wash off with a creamy cleanser. These are the only reasons this mascara gets two lippies.

Oh yes, this is one of the mascaras that will make people ask me if I'm wearing false eyelashes.

It will thicken and separate your lashes but the real drama comes from the added length the brush and formula imparts.

Definite must try for those who want to make those lashes of yours look that much flirtier.

Another drugstore win.