Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium
Before & After - Garnier BB CreamBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/MediumBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

3.0

on 8/11/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have dry skin and this works AMAZINGLY well on my skin. It looks a little bit dewy on the skin which I like, and if I don't want to wear too much makeup I just put a setting powder over it. It matches my skin perfectly which I usually have trouble with. It covers imperfections well for a bb cream. The only thing I don't like is the packaging it really needs a pump, but that is the only thing I'm not a fan of. Great product, highly recommended.

on 8/10/2014 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

Until recently, I've been using the "oily/combination" formulation of this product. However, I'm finding my skin is drier than it used to be and this product actually works much better. I still get the coverage that I like, but this one blurs the fine lines where the other tends to dry out and accentuate them. Both are very affordable and comparable in quality. If you have dry or even combination skin, I would give this product a try first, and then if you're finding it too oily, switch to the BB cream for oily/combination skin. I've been quite satisfied with both.

My advice for this BB cream and really all foundation: Apply with a brush. I just use a paintbrush from an art supply store with synthetic bristles. The cream goes on evenly, you don't have to rub your oily hands on your face, and you don't waste product by soaking it up with a sponge.

on 7/8/2014 3:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

On my skin this is a thick hard to blend cream. It didn't seem to set and stayed heavy and sticky feeling, even with setting powder. I do wear a primer with this so I was surprised that it looked so bad. Apart from these complaints I couldn't wear it even if I wanted to as the lightest shade is much too orange. A big disappointment from all the hype surrounding this products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

this bb cream comes only in one shade in indonesia and claimed to be a shade that would be suitable to most-all indonesian skin shades; i don't know about that, but it sure does work for my skin tone. i wear this on a daily basis when i am trying to omit the use of my foundation. being someone who has skin that reacts rather quickly and sensitively to most products, despite it's quite strong scent and medium coverage, it does not do my skin any harm. it dries fairly quickly to an almost powdery finish, so i find that i still have to use moisturiser underneath it to prevent scaly, dry patches from showing up. i then dot some on my face and either blend it out with my fingers or buff it in with a brush. using my fingers gives me a more natural finish while buffing it in with a brush sort of makes the bb cream act as a foundation, giving me a more unrealisticly perfect finish. i then follow up with concealer and powder (for extra staying power) and im good to go.

UPDATE:
This BB cream breaks me out! I have been searching for the culprit amongst my makeup and skincare, and I've found that if I omit this cream from my routine, my skin clears up! Now that I've found other BB creams on the market, I don't think I will ever repurchase this product. It dries up powdery, and leaves a white cast upon your face.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Blends with no effort! I'm olive/tanned and my face blotches very easily. This is my first BB cream and absolutely love it. I do not need any more makeup to look radiant! Doesn't look cakey at all and lasts without fading for 6 hours easily. Medium coverage. I apply a thick layer of Bioderma Atoderm Nourishing moisturizer and put on the BB cream over blemishes and areas of discolouration, dust on a tiny bit of powder, and voila! Good to go! I love feeling spotless and glowing

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really really like the natural look and i hardly wear much foundation because it gives my face a cakey and fake look. My skin is very dry so finding the right foundation is hard. But this 'bb cream' (I think its more of a tinted moisturiser) is just right. When applied it gives a natural finish, has spf 15, doesnt cause breakouts, moisturises the more you use it and it fits my skintone perfectly. The undertone is yellowish/tan so it gives a nice healthy look, but may be too yellow for some people. I love how it improved the texture of my skin when i used it daily.
The Cons however were that it can leave your skin looking a little oily or shinny. So be careful if you have oily skin!! The texture of the cream makes my skin a little uncomfortable at first. When i first started using it, i wasnt use to it so I can feel it on my skin so it irritated the first half hour but after using it for awhile it stopped and feels fine. The other thing about it is that it doesnt last all day and the coverage is light (doesnt cover undereye) but buildable so you have to use a finishing spray or something that helps your foundation last. If i have heavier imperfections or discolourations i use a foundation on that area on top of the bb cream.
What i have to say about it is, even with the cons it really suits what im looking for and does the job. It is fast and easy to use and works well with my dry skin. The thick consistancy makes my skin dewy and moisturised. Tip:Use a beauty blender sponge. It gives a nice natural finish and works well with this product. Better than fingers!

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This was the first BB Creme I ever purchased and I honestly hated it. After experimenting with other BB Cremes ranging from dirt cheap to high end, I can honestly say this is the worst one I have ever used.

PRICE
The price for this product is 11 (or $17) which seems pretty hefty for a drugstore product especially considering there a lot better BB Cremes out there for a cheaper price.

PACKAGING
There's nothing to really say about the packaging, it is a squeeze bottle that often clogged with me.

COLOUR
The colour range of this product is absolutely atrocious, all of the shades seem to be some obscure shade of orange as an undertone that leaves you with a horrible seam between the makeup and your skin no matter how much you blend.

FINISH
I hated the finish to this product as it was incredibly dewy, with or without powder this product always feels wet on your face and never seems to dry, it transfers incredibly easily. This broke me out multiple times.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
This product is a total train wreck, there are no skin benefits that it promises. I'd would rather smear my face in butter than use this product again. Butter would probably work better.

on 8/30/2012 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

First and foremost I cannot bear the smell of this - I'm not usually a scent nazi at all.. but I actually can't stand this even though I liked the finish. Secondly it irritated my face (probably due to all the scent) also even though I couldn't really give it a fair trial I feel like this would break me out hardcore if I tried to wear it longer than I did. Garnier - I double dare you to bring this out in a fragrance free/sensitive formula, until then I'll steer well clear of this. Oh and I should point out that non-Asian BB Creams are just your plain old tinted moisturizers with a new label. It's just so big companies like Garnier can cash in on the BB Cream hype...

on 6/29/2012 9:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Personally I really like this product. It does wonders for my skin; I can sometimes end up with dry patches around my nose and my jaw line and because this is a moisturiser as well it gets rid of the problem.
I got the light shade because I have pale skin and although I was quite apprehensive about whether it would be the wrong shade for my skin, it turned out to be perfect.
However I would only recommend this for people with more of a yellow tone to their skin as opposed to a pink tone.
The coverage is pretty good considering it is only a blemish balm, it covers a mild redness and for me it helps to reduce the appearence of spots.
My only problem with this is the bottle, sometimes the product builds around the top which is just a bit of a waste really. But for 6.99 I don't think I can really complain much.

on 6/2/2012 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Really strong smell, didn't bother me too much but still not too pleasant
i've got pretty fair skin and the fact that there is only light/medium and a darker option almost turned me off completely from buying but i had a coupon for a few bucks off so i figured i'd give it a try
i wish i hadn't wasted the money
it didn't break me out or anything and felt pretty smooth on my face but it turned my light skin completely orange! i could never wear this out of the house and find it completely a waste of money for me
for others with more tanned skin tones it may be a good buy but for light skinned girls, try something with a broader range of colour