Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium
Before & After - Garnier BB CreamBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/MediumBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

I am surprised at the low rating of this BB cream. I've used it for about a year - both colors - light and medium, cause I am in the middle and I mix them - and sometimes my skin is lighter, sometimes darker. Before I tried this BB cream, I've use the Dermalogica tinted moisturizer, Chanel tinted moisturizer - both with SPF, and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer with SPF. I can't understand what the difference is between a tinted moisturizer with SPF and a BB cream, but I don't really find a difference between the one from Garnier - a drugstore BB cream that I buy for 5 euros and the ones that I used previously. For me there is no difference in terms of coverage, endurance, moisturizing properties and overall effect. I have combination skin, which no matter what product I use, gets shiny by the 3rd hour. So, I have to reapply or redo my makeup. I usually prefer low coverage cream (not foundation) for everyday use - not only because it is more natural, but also because it requires less effort. This BB Cream evens out my complexion (it's low coverage and one can see some scars or sun spots) but the overall effect is brighter, more even skin tone. It doesn't sit in my texture issues (other - more expensive products, do), it is easy to apply, and even if I have to reapply it, it's not a big deal for me, because it moisturizes my skin, and it has some sunscreen which is enough for me (I apply spf 50 in the morning). I've mixed this BB cream with foundations for a better effect (I've mixed it with foundation to correct the color or to improve the ability to blend). It is a cream that I am sure I will use over and over again on itself or with other products. Someone has mentioned that the fragrance is chemical and strong - sense of smell is an extremely individual experience, but I would say that the fragrance is very light, citrus-like. I think that such product is always worth trying and experimenting with because of the price. The price is so reasonable that it never hurts to try it out and if it doesn't work, one can always mix it with something else and obtain an HG product :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product, but keep in mind it is not a foundation. If you are looking for a flawless full coverage this will not be what you are looking for. If you are looking to even out your skin and have a fresh glow to your face this will do it nicely. I wear this when I am just out running errands, hiking, swimming etc. It's quick and easy. It smooths out just beautifully over the skin. I am fair skinned and the lightest shade is a little too dark and orangey unless I have a slight tan. SO fair skin beauties probably will find even the lightest shade too dark.

This BB cream is basically the drugstore dupe for IT Cosmetics CC Cream. Not as much coverage, but I seriously use it for the exact same reason so it's a cheaper alternative. =)

on 3/10/2016 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I get the deep color bb cream, switched to Neutrogena foundation one time.... Omg i had a tan un blended mess on my face. This is easy to use not to harsh and blends well.

on 2/17/2016 11:43:00 AM

I had been interested in Stila's Aqua Glow serum foundation, and had been rationing a small sample I got from Sephora. It was good, but I wasn't convinced it was good enough to warrant the $45 price tag. Then I was digging around in my makeup drawer and came across this tube of BB cream I'd picked up out of desperation on a trip a few months ago. I realized it was pretty much the same consistency and color tone as Aqua Glow. Applied it with a flat kabuki over my Becca Backlight Priming Filter (the greatest), and lo and behold, it's basically a dupe for Aqua Glow, with a bit more coverage, to boot. AND it has sunscreen. I'm imagining this won't hold up too well in the Texas summer, but right now in the winter it's my go-to. LOVE.

It's definitely got a strong yellow undertone, as other reviews mention. It's a great color match for me, but I could see it not working too well, or being too dark, for super pale or pink-toned skin. It blends beautifully into the skin with a brush. I haven't tried it with the beauty blender yet, but honestly I'm such a fan of my super-soft flat kabuki that I'm not in a hurry to try something else.

It wears very well without being set. I'm not a huge setting powder fan, because I like the glowy look. Even without being set, this wears through the day without sliding around on my face. It doesn't really hold up great through a workout, though. It feels very rich and creamy going on, and doesn't oxidize on my skin (most things do, so that wins BIG points with me). Blush and bronzer blend well and stay bright throughout the day on top.

All in all, this is an absolutely awesome drugstore dupe for more high-end BBs/serum foundations. It's definitely not a matte finish but if you like the glowy look, try it out.

This was my first BB cream purchase ever. I use this daily as a foundation and add a little bronzer on top of it. I have acne/oily prone skin and lots of hyper pigmentation from previous acne. This product does a GREAT job covering all of the scars and it dries within seconds once you apply it to the skin. My biggest pet peeve with wearing full coverage foundation is that it leaves a greasy feeling or "comes off" later in the day. With this cream, I don't have that problem at all! Along with this BB cream, I am also taking evening primrose oil supplements and Vitamin A daily. I think the pills are helping clear and tone out my skin which compliments the BB cream. Once I am finished with this tube, I am going in for my second purchase!!!!

on 2/6/2016 5:17:00 PM

This product will last you all day through school, work, and the gym. The longer you wear it for the better it looks. It's very thin and liquid but its buildable and it won't clog your pores.

on 1/4/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely beautiful product! Adds a gorgeous dewy glow and isn't too dark on very fair skin. The scent is lovely. I put it on, and applied just mascara. Husband noticed, and said "you look very fresh faced today!"

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

its just amazing take a look

on 8/13/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i love this bb cream! I always get compliments how beautiful my skin looks when i wear it. i recommend for those who have oily skin use a mattifying primer and a little bit of this product at a time.

My skin looked better after just one use...when I finish my current foundation, I would switch over to bb cream and may never use foundation ever again