Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium
Before & After - Garnier BB CreamBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/MediumBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 4/11/2012 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just needed to add my comments here. BB cream, high end snob? Not really. Skin79 costs $10!!!!! Less than Garnier!!! It's really obnoxious that american companies call something WHAT IT IS NOT. This does not make me a "snob" it makes me knowledgable about products. And clearly the person who said "Go to Asia and buy a BB cream 2 or 3x as much" CLEARLY did not read this review. I know it may be LENGHTY to some, but some people are actually on here looking for honest, comprehensive and informative reviews. A bit into the review I say "It costs virtually the same. And you can buy it on Amazon. So A) You do not have to go to Asia, and B) why NOT have the real thing if the cost is literally quarters difference? There wouldn't be so many "snobs" here if Garnier would just be honest and upfront with this product. It is NOT BB CREAM. So why even pretend that it is? Or market it as such?

Yansa, it seems you are a bit unaware of what a BB cream actually is as well. I did not say because you use moisturizer it makes Garnier a fake BB cream. I'm saying Garnier is NOT BB Cream because of the ingredients within the actual product. At the end of the day this is a tinted moisturizer. Nothing more, nothing less. What annoys me is people falling into the scam of flashy marketing and Garnier using and tainting the name "BB cream" just because they want to have a higher bottom dollar. Chemicals are NEVER good on your skin. Just do the research and compare the two. One heals, one is garbage. Even if you think it works well.

I wish Garnier would get off the Korean bandwagon and just call this product what it is. A heavily fragranced tinted "moisturizer." This is NOT a true BB cream and I hate that western companies are preying on the uneducated folk who don't know the real from the fake. What you buy here in the west, whether it be Garnier, Too Faced, or any other producted labeled, "BB cream," is NOT real BB cream. A true BB cream is meant to heal, it's meant to protect, it's meant to enhance skin, it was created by dermatologists in Asia to aid those who had gone through facial procedures. A true BB cream does not turn your face into an oil slick. A true BB cream does not make your skin worse. A true BB cream does not sit on your face and FEEL like makeup.

Garnier= SPF 15
Skin79= SPF 25

SPF 15 is not nearly enough protection for your face. Not to mention, the Skin79 has an SPF25 AND PA++. It protects against UVA and UVB rays.

All you have to do is compare the ingredients in Garnier, to the ingredients in Skin79 to know that there is a very real difference in the healing properties between the two. Garnier throws in a bunch of chemicals along with some caffeine and calls itself a BB cream?

I'm going to touch on a few of the ingredients in Garnier, certainly not all as it will take all day, but this is something to know:

Limonene: is a colourless liquid hydrocarbon. It possesses a strong smell of oranges. It is used as a renewably-based solvent in cleaning products.

Citral: Should be avoided by people who have perfume allergies. Used in perfumery for it's citrus smell. Insoluble in water. Skin is 70% water.

Linalool: Linalool is used as a scent in 6080% of perfumed hygiene products and cleaning agents including soaps, detergents, shampoos, and lotions. In addition, linalool is used by pest professionals as a flea and cockroach insecticide.

Geraniol: Again, insoluble in water. It has a rose-like odor and is commonly used in perfumes.

Skin79 Beblesh Balm Healing Ingredients: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Portulaca Oleracea Extract (purslane- green leafy vegetable, antimicrobial and antifungal effects), Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract (plant, conditioning agent), Citrus Unshiu Fruit Oil (like an orange/mandarin), Cerimide 3 (anti-aging), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (green tea extract), Madecassoside (gota kola- green leafy veggie, anti-inflammatory, wound healing and collagen stimulating effects), Aloe Leaf Juice, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Caviar Extract, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Cornus Officinalis Fruit Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, and Gold.

I think the ingredient list between the two speaks volumes.

I received a small sample of the Garnier and I tried it out, it sank into my facial lines, accentuating them, it also gave a chalky appearance to my skin. It felt like makeup. When I applied Skin79, it literally sank in and melted into my skin, covering imperfections while leaving a dewy flawless finish. I'm not cakey, oily, or overly made up. It costs virtually the same too. If you check out Amazon you can buy the Skin79 Super+ VIP Gold Beblesh Balm for a little over $10 with $5 shipping. I'd rather buy what's been proven real, and effective, rather than some US knock off product full of chemicals. The other thing I find amusing here is that people are saying how wonderful this "BB cream" is meanwhile in the same sentence saying how they also have to use concealer, setting powder, etc etc. A TRUE BB cream works as EVERYTHING. This means, you have a clean face, you apply the BB cream, and you're DONE. It works as a foundation, moisturizer, brightener, and leaves a healthy finish.

Also, with a true BB cream, there is no "awareness" or feeling of makeup. It feels like your face is bare. Right now I feel absolutely nothing on my face. I'm also wearing a white sweater, and a high collared black jacket (which had makeup transfer on the collar from previous foundations... along with my white sweater which would get some tint on the neck line ..ew.) There is nothing on the sweater, nor the coat. Also, if I put my finger on my face, which I do on a normal basis (an itch, or whatever) there is nothing on my finger. No residue, no transfer, no gross stuff whatsoever continued >>

on 4/18/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am 62 years old and well -aware that no otc product will make me look young and wrinkle-free. However, this product makes my complexion look naturally smooth and even without using more than a pea-size amount. For the record, I also have Dr. Brandt's BB product. Not a bad product, but it's really no better than the Garnier product and it cost MANY times more. Also, the DB cream stings my eyes if I forget and schmear it across my lids. The Garnier doesn't. I definitely WILL buy this product again.

on 4/14/2012 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I really cannot understand the uproar as to whether or not this is a "true" BB Cream. As if the term represents some medical miracle or holy ointment. The ads represent exactly what the product is.
It is a mineral tinted, vitamin C enriched, products that provides moisture and a degree of SPF protection.
The cost for the amount is very reasonable.
Pros:
Evens skintone
Lasts at least eight hours, more if primer and powder is added.
The vitamin C has actually lightened the uneven tone and the spf works well.
It looks very natural.
Can be used as a primer or a foundation. Because it provides ample moisture, it really requires no additional moisture providing product. A plus in my book.
The tones are sheer and with a little practice one can determine the right amount for the coverage desired.
Price. This stuff is very inexpensive given the amount provided.
Cons:
Fragrance. If you are fragrance sensitive then you really should avoid any and all products containing fragrance.
This product was designed for a Western market, so it is not aimed at the same target marget as a BB cream made in Korea per se. The idea behind BB creams is to provide all in one products that provide an immediate improvement to the look of skin, protect from environmental damage, provide moisture and improve skin quality.
This product delivers on all accounts.
How dare a French cosmetic producer borrow great ideas from other parts of the world, and adjusting the benefits to a different market (sarcasm).
Check out my profile pic. I am wearing it, and I am male. My skin has improved greatly since using this product. BTW, the traditional BB creams I have tried (no names mentioned) left my skin looking grey and dull. Southern Italian tones I am sure were not the target market. I am sure these products work exceptionally well for the target market, just as the Garnier product works very well for me.

on 5/2/2012 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I knew this would be pure crap before it came out. A Western brand making their own BB cream? You've gotta be kidding me. As expected, it doesn't have all the benefits Korean BB creams have (whitening, high SPF, anti-acne, scars healing, anti-wrinkle... etc). This is just your regular tinted moisturizer with a low SPF and a orange tone that makes you look like you had a terrible sunburn.

My mum bought this for her in the "light" shade and I just tried on my face to see the results of one of the worst products I've tried to date: it leaves your skin oily and sticky, it clogs your pores, it has this horrible orange color that doesn't suit me and it smells nasty. Plus, it is too obvious you're wearing something. More than leaving you a dewy skin, you look like a light bulb.

For some reason, Western cosmetics brands like to think people here like to be "tanned" all the time, which is not true. Most drugstore brands make orange foundations/tinted moisturizers (at least in my country, I know you get more options in the US, for example). Unless you spend tons of money on a MAC or MUFE foundation (just to mention some) you never get to find a light shade in the common drugstore brands, which is a shame.

Miracle Skin Perfector?? I'm still waiting for the miracle.
This does nothing for me, I have it in light and medium and it covers nothing.
Leaves my skin feeling greasy and dirty and I just can't stand the smell.
This is not a true BB cream it is a tinted moisturser that doesn't work.

on 5/20/2012 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At the risk of sounding disturbingly enthusiastic, this is the skin product that flat-out changed my face. I know a lot of ink has been spilled on this product already, so I'll cut to the chase:

This might not be a "true B.B. cream" in the South Korean sense of the phrase, but guess what? It still works magic on my combination skin, so semantics can go fly a kite. It's basically tinted moisturizer, I guess. That's not a bad thing!

I used to pay $7.99 for 1 oz of CoverGirl foundation that was packed full of talc and hideousness. Compare that to $12.99 for 2.5 oz of Garnier, and I'm saving about $2.79 per ounce of product. (I used to get the CG stuff because it had the lowest sticker price. Go figure. Math > Everything.)

Regarding talc . . . it's not in the Garnier product, so you can expect your combo skin to clear up like mine did. Like, within a week. It's pretty exhilarating to have clear skin for the first time in over a decade, let me tell you internet.

You can get the last drop of cream out of the container without resorting to lunatic measures! The CoverGirl foundation I used to sue comes in a glass (or glass-like plastic) bottle, and the product stuck to the sides even if you held it upside down for a week. You probably lose $1 worth of foundation per glass bottle just because it won't come *out*. Not so with your squishy plastic tubes. Thanks, Garnier, my neurotic side appreciates it.

I'm not sure what "shade" my skin technically is, because I am still pretty new to this whole "makeup" thing, and also because I get different answers each time I ask the nice ladies and gents at Sephora -- but let's just say that it's about as pale as Snow White's legs at the end of a long winter when all she's worn are sweatpants. And this stuff looks natural on my skin. Yeah, it looks orange in the container, but it blends out on your face. Honest.

If they discontinue this . . . I'm going to cry.

I almost didn't buy this BB cream because of all the negative reviews; however, I also received that sample in the magazine and liked it. So I bought the product and its my "go to" makeup right now; I have maturing, but still oily skin. What I understand is the more mature your skin is, the more you will love this BB cream. Like the previous reviewer, it doesn't settle into wrinkles (yeah!) and smooths out older looking skin. I was worried about the color; sort of a tint of orange? but it doesn't look like that on my face. Its far more believable than any of my (expensive) foundations... they can look cakey even if I dilute them with moisturizer. This BB cream covers rather well when I want that 'natural' look, I do still need to use concealer on the age spots; but would with foundation, too. I've only been using this one week, but so far, its the best bang for the buck for skin coverage.

on 10/6/2011 8:23:00 PM

These are the claims:

1. Hydrates for 24hrs
2. Evens tone
3. Corrects blemishes
4. Boosts healthy glow
5. UV Protection SPF 15

I would say that this product delivers. I haven't been able to fully test the SPF 15 yet, but on all the other promises, this is a very good product. This is as thick as your average foundation. This was a real surprise to me as I was expecting more of a tinted moisturiser. I chose "light" and it was a great match for my skin colour. I usually choose ivory or porcelain foundations and this worked great with my skin tone. I did not apply any moisturiser, primer or sunscreen under this product. The finish is dewy and it has definitely evened out my complexion. As I said before, it is thick enough to be a foundation, it is not in the least bit cakey and I really feel like my skin is being moisturised. In some ways, this all seems a little bit too good to be true. I only paid $15 Australian for this and I have never had as good a result from a foundation/tinted moisturiser. Once the school holidays are over and I go back to work at the kindergarten, I will get to try out the SPF aspect of this product. If that holds up, then this is going to be my HG foundation from now on!

on 7/2/2012 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is a joke.

First things first: this is not a 'blemish balm' by the traditional definition of the product type [nothing to help/aid the skin, etc] - it seems like a VERY gimmicky tinted moisturizer, minus the moisturizing properties, trying to hop on the BB cream trend. Very tacky, garnier, very tacky.

I got a sample of this in medium in the mail for no reason whatsoever, and despite it being much too dark for me, gave it a go out of curiosity and to rate it only on the basis of its formula.

It glides on like there is nothing there - seriously, if you wanted to use this, I hope you had perfect skin already. That being said, with a considerable amount of work you can kind of 'layer' it. I am not sure how well it REALLY did hiding blemishes and scars [of which I have tons] seeing as darker foundations only superficially appear to conceal better than their better matched counterparts. It is a very thin formula - useless, in my books, even for a tinted moisturizer.

It's also really shiny. So unless you enjoy looking like you work in a back alley kitchen hovering inches over a hot deep fryer, this is not the look most people go for. Okay, you argue, you can combat that with powder. Fine. How about longevity?

I didn't even get there to test that bit. It was annoying me on my face, feeling like it was slipping everywhere and sliding/transferring onto everything. So I went to wash my face - started by splashing my face with water, and looked up in the mirror - LO AND BEHOLD, it had all disappeared. Keep in mind the shade was so dark for me that it was very easy to tell when it was and was not there anymore. And with just a few mild splashes, it was GONE. I wasn't even rubbing my face! I soaped up anyway but had a good laugh at how ridiculous this product is. The slightest amount of liquid washes it away? Are you kidding me? With almost no coverage? Or benefits? And close to [more than?] twenty bucks in Canada?

A hearty, resounding, LOL.

on 4/9/2012 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector is an all-in-one skin care that gives 5 benefits: hydrates, corrects wrinkles and imperfections, protects with SPF 15, while evens and brightens skin tone. Use it on its own or as a primer, first thing in the morning or after the gym, as a post-work touch-up or a pre-date beautifier. This light, velvety-smooth lotion is rapidly absorbed without leaving a greasy or sticky feel. See immediate results after applying it, as well as long-lasting effects after only two weeks. Dermatologically tested. Made in Germany.

Lipidure and Hyaluronic acid provide deep and long-lasting 24h moisture.
Caffeine stimulates radiance.
SPF 15 protects skin against harmful UV rays.
Vitamin C boosts luminosity and corrects wrinkles.
Mineral pigments create a natural sheer coverage to blur imperfections and even the skin tone.

MY THOUGHTS: I received a 1.5 mL sample of Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector SPF 15 in light, along with a $3 off coupon, during a Facebook promotion earlier this year. According to the included literature, the regular sized tube retails for $19.99 CAD.

The floral scented, light, creamy lotion, similar to a tinted moisturizer, glides easily across the face leaving no streaks; however it does not contain adequate opacity to cover any dark areas or blemishes. Therefore I recommend using a concealer in trouble areas prior to application. In addition, the finishing result is quite tacky and oily, even for a "dewy" look. This can be quickly fixed by blotting the excess oil with tissue or a napkin (Note: blotting oil, applying powder, and/or primer will all help reduce makeup transfer). Unfortunately, even with this tip I still noticed newly formed whiteheads on my forehead at the end of the day. For this reason, I typically wear powder foundation on oily days and liquid foundation on dry days. The sample I received provided enough product for ~ 4 days, therefore I am uncertain as to the severity of developing whiteheads and skin hydration when continuing usage of this product.

I did find the light colour to be a close match to my current complexion (slight tan) but with a slight orange undertone. However, unlike most BB creams, I noticed this product did not adapt to my skin tone after continuous rubbing. If you're uncertain about colour, try swatching the product in the store or keep the receipt and note the store's refund policy. In addition, I find it perplexing that Garnier advertises this product as SPF 15, but upon further inspection, the product only indicates that it may contain titanium dioxide. The main features of a BB cream typically includes a moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock; however, like others have mentioned in their reviews, Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector would be better categorized as a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua/Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Argilla/Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorycholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate. May contain CI77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

MYSELF: I'm an Euro-Canadian with combination and sensitive skin that is prone to clogged pores (Baumann skin type: OSPW). continued >>