Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium
Before & After - Garnier BB CreamBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/MediumBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I read a bunch of bad reviews of this product, but I have re-purchased it a few times! No, it's not going to give you full coverage. It's a BB cream, not a foundation! It's moisturizing enough for me on it's own, and it's a bit luminous when it's dry (which this mature girl likes a lot!). I use it on it's own on the weekends, and use it underneath Tarte's foundation (which is too dry for me but I hate to throw it away - but that's another review!) on work days.

It feels very fresh going on, but it doesn't last long. I usually re-apply after work or a work-out. If you're looking for something light that feels clean, this will do the trick.

on 2/15/2015 4:07:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

The coverage was amazingly good (and buildable) for a BB cream without looking mask-like! In my opinion, this product is only for the oiliest complexions. It seems to have clay-like base that dries quickly to a velvety matte finish. I have very oily skin and even on a warm day I was shine free for a good 4 to 5 hours. Anyone who expects more than that amount of time is delusional. Even high-end products don't deliver that kind of performance even though they will make that claim. The only down side is the 2 option color selection. It won't be light enough for the fairest complexions and not deep enough for the darkest complexions. I would also guess that most of the women who like this product will need to purchase both colors options to mix a color that's a better match for them. Other than that, for the price it is a great light-weight matte foundation with enough opacity to blur imperfections without giving you that obviously "made up" look.

on 1/13/2015 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have been trying various BB (and CC) creams (including this one) ever since I discovered them (by reading this site). To me, they seem like a HG male grooming product moisturizes, reduces pores and shine, provides SPF (though not this one), and also has a bit of (ahem) coverage that results in a polished, professional look without being fake or made-up looking. Just about all of them so far including this one are pretty good, though I have yet to find one that I would crown the HG of the HG. I have both the Light/Medium as well as the Medium/Deep of this one, which I cant say for all of the others, so perhaps this one might be pretty good+. Sometimes, I mix them to get the color just right. That said, the lack of sunscreen knocks it down a peg, so its still pretty good after all. It spreads on quite nicely with/without moisturizer (I use a circular sponge) and the coverage is just right. You can easily add a little bit more on problem areas and it still looks natural. It lasts pretty good all day long, by which I mean it does not disappear nor does it run after hours of being on my face. It does not control shine completely after a bit, but I use other products to help with this. What I really like is that on those unfortunate days when I feel the need to use a little concealer under my eyes, this product helps to smooth everything out so I dont look like Ive got something under my eyes and nothing anywhere else. Actually, I find the Garnier BB Eye works quite well as a light-weight natural concealer in this regard. Finally and I just have to say this CVS advertises its BB cream (and eye roller) as a substitute. Surprisingly, these are quite good, the cream has SPF, and can be had quite inexpensively when CVS has a BOGO going on.

on 1/13/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use the oil free product in Light/Medium and LOVE IT. This looks fabulous under my foundation and powder. I'm 62 with a lovely complexion! Highly recommend the oil free version.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

So far, so good. I wanted to find something easier for the summer than layering on my Clarins serum, then moisturizer with SPF, then foundation. I was going to try the Clarins BB cream, but it's not convenient for me to go uptown or downtown to buy it (too busy at work) so on a run to Walgreens I saw 2.5 ounces of this for about $14. I figured even if I didn't like it too much, I would get some use out of it, and since I needed an SPF badly (I wear the lightest MAC foundation they make, I think it's NC 10) I would at least save myself a sunburn by getting the Garnier. It's my first Garnier product and I like it so far. I will continue to use the Clarins serum, but this saves moisturizer and SPF and foundation layers. The lightest color is good for me; it adds some color for the beginning of summer and looks natural.

on 2/21/2014 5:43:00 PM

I'm in my early 60's and have good but dry skin. This is one of my favourite products although, in Canada, it doesn't have an SPF. Other than that, this is like Photoshop in tube for me. It glides on, has excellent coverage and adds a bit of moisturizer. I've used it alone, with sunscreen or moisturizer underneath and with loose, mineral powder on top and it has performed excellently in all cases. I love this product and, compared to other BB's, it covers like a foundation and moisturizes well if you have normal skin. (I generally use it with moisturizer, which I put on before, when my skin is very dry in the winter.)

on 12/20/2013 7:24:00 AM

Surprised by the middling rating on this. I think it was the original BB cream before all the others took off, and I think it's still the best, or one of the best (haven't tried them all!). It may look a bit greasy on some skins. I always finish mine with some cream blush and then a light dusting of translucent powder.

Caused itching after application. Returned.

on 2/16/2013 3:51:00 PM

I liked this product so much that I bought some for both of my sisters for Christmas. This is not meant to be a foundation. I put it on before foundation and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I use just a tiny bit of Laura Mercier Silk Foundation. I am very fair skinned so this works for me. Sometimes if I am staying around home I just usse the BB cream and no foundation. It gives a very light coverage but seems to moisturize my skin. I had tried L'Oreal BB cream before this one and hated it. So I was pleasantly surprised when I found this was completely different. Color was better and went on smoother and easier.

on 8/29/2012 12:56:00 PM

So far, so good. I received a sample which lasted me for two days. When I received an Ulta $5 coupon, I decided I didn't have much to lose, especially since Ulta was doing a buy one get one 50% off and I had a $1 manufacturer's coupon. So I picked up the light/med and the med/dark. I am 61, recently diagnosed with rosacea and live in a very humid climate. I hate wearing liquid foundation in the summer as it always melts off and powder/mineral foundation just doesn't work for my dry skin. I have been wearing/using the med/dark for about a week now and have been quite pleased. It covers up the slight redness, evens out my skin tone, doesn't settle into the fine lines and gives me a nice hint of color. Although I was concerned because of the fragrance, I have yet to experience any irritation. I have found it to be easy to apply with my fingers and a little goes a long way. It gives me a little something extra as conpared to my usual tinted moisturixer and the color works with the warm tones in my skin. After rinsing and gently toning in the morning, I am able to put this on, add a touch of blush, a swoosh of mascara and some lip gloss and I am ready in less than 5 minutes. So, unless I develop breakouts or a reaction as others have, I will most likely continue to use this for my basic day in day out light coverage.