Dr. Brandt Skincare Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator

Dr. Brandt Skincare Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator
Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator

4.5

Water (Aqua), Alumina, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-12 Glyceryl Distearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Menthone Glycerin Acetal, Allantoin, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Oxide, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Citral, Limonene.

Oh my, this stuff is SO good! I wish it were a little less expensive. It's around $95 CAD, and I'm trying to budget right now. I received a sample of this microdermabrasion from Sephora, and I was instantly in love with it. The granules are extremely tiny, and it's in a kind of cream base, which feels very cool and refreshing. I think I detect mint in there, because of the smell and cooling effect. I massage a small amount on after cleansing, and my skin feels SO soft and silky when I'm done. I do my exfoliating in the morning before applying my makeup. I felt that my makeup went on smoother after I used this.

I don't usually use physical exfoliators, but this one is different than the others I've tried, where the granules are too large and feel that they are tearing my skin. This has more of a polishing action.

I'm debating whether or not to get the full size. I adore the product, but it is a bit on the expensive side. I think that if you aren't on a budget and love the feel of a physical exfoliator, you should look into this one.

I haven't been very impressed with some of the creams from this line, but the microdermabrasion cream really is a nice product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Watched several vlogger reviews of this and had to see for myself what the hype was all about! What can I say...it's a very good, if somewhat pricey micro-dermabrasion scrub. Unlike normal scrubs - St Ives (which I also love) and many others, this does not have large granules, they are very fine. On first use I wasn't sure if they were sufficient to exfoliate but after rinsing off I could definitely see and feel a difference as my skin looks much smoother and feels a lot softer. Plus whatever skincare I follow with is absorbed much better.
I use on a night time by dampening my skin first and then applying a dime size amount, massaging in gently but firmly for about 60 seconds. Aside from the granule aspect it also contains Lactic Acid which is a mild AHA, so in other words you're getting the best of both worlds here!
Pleasant citrus fragrance and no reactions to this at all which I find can sometimes happen with fragranced products.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this product in a Sephora Points Perk and I REALLY like it a lot - I like the fine granules, the way it leaves my skin smooth but not irritated, the way it rinses away easily....I love everything but the PRICE. This retails for $98 in Canada which is, I think, a whole lot too much. I might consider purchasing the full size during the next Sephora 20% off event that rolls around but even then, $80 is still pretty steep, especially when I can get the wonderful Vasanti Scrub for $34 (and 20% off that on Thursdays at SDM because I'm a "senior"). If the Dr. Brandt product was priced in the $40 or $50 range, I'd be out there grabbing a tube but at almost $100, I'll have to wait for the next Sephora sale.

Update: I DID go back to repurchase the full size when Sephora had their recent $25 off coupon offer; I was also able to get this in a "special value" kit - same price as the regular tube but with a few mini sizes of other products thrown in. All of this helped lessen the sticker shock on this good but pricey product.

on 4/27/2018 2:25:00 PM

If you like dermabrasion products I do think this is one of the best I’ve ever tried. Great, fresh smell and attractive packaging. Super fine granules. I distinctly notice a difference on the days I use this. Expensive - but a superb product if you’re looking for a home micro dermabrasion product.

This is actually one of the best exfoliating face scrubs that I've used. It's a very very fine consistency. It really scrubs away a lot of dead skin. I will definitely keep repurposing.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I received this product in a Boxy Charm full size. I use it every single day although it says not to, and I absolutely love it. It makes my skin very soft, I have few breakouts if any at all. It has a very nice scent to it.
I can find it other places much cheaper than between $50 - $70 and I would continue to buy it.
I think the people who do not like it, it may possibly not agree with their skin type. Personally, best brand I've ever used.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A really nice exfoliant that is pretty abrasive. If you have sensitive skin this may not be for you. It really does make the surface of the skin soft and smooth. It has a nice light citrus scent. I use it about 2-3 days per week.

on 12/14/2016 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this. My dry skin feels refreshed from this. It smells great and is a pleasure to use in the shower. Like a mini facial treatment - feels wonderful. Leave the skin smooth and vibrant.

This is the best exfoliant I have ever used. I have sensitive skin and have no adverse reactions to it. It really uncovers that fresh flow and leaves skin soft.

on 10/27/2016 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I didn't notice a difference in my skin while using this at all. I was hoping it would help out a bit with my closed comedones. I used this scrub weekly for about six weeks, but saw no changes immediately or over time. The only real difference I noticed was the way my skin would be a bit more oily on days when I had used this, which I didn't like. The lemony smell was nice and the exfoliating particles felt nice when I massaged them around on my face, but for a $79 product, I'd really like to see results.