Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose

4.1

Can't put this down. Im glad I am not the only one that sees a resemblance between this and Stella. Im surprised this is called "midnight rose" bc it's actually fresh and daytime appropriate to my nose-- this is actually my day to day scent. I love roses and this fragrance is so comforting to me, while also smelling polished and very feminine.

This perfume reminds me of Stella and also ysl Parisienne. The Stella edp and myself never clicked-- with Stella I got a super tea-rose type smell in the top notes. Tea smell isn't my favorite as a skin scent. Stella gave me this astringent vibe that I didn't care for and it made it difficult to stick with it to the drydown. I actually love the drydown and use the lotion from time to time bc it gets me from point a to point b faster.
Midnight Rose reminds me of that Stella drydown-- roses, a teeny amount of pink pepper, and a dry woodsy, non sweet vanilla.

It also reminds me of Parisienne but without all the sandlewood. It's like a love child of the two. Parisienne on top and more Stella like as it wears on.

At any rate I love this and I am so cozy and at home in this fragrance. It lasts all day as well- no small feat bc my skin eats some rose fragrances (side eyes roses de Chloe).

Only 4 stars bc I bought this a month ago, but if im still this obsessed in a few months I will def bump it to 5!

Also crossing my fingers it doesn't get dc :(( as flankers tend to do. Lancome please don't do it! As far as perfumes go- this is actualy a pretty affordable one. So I don't feel wasteful using it every day

I wish we could give half lippies - this is a 3.5 lippie frag. Initially I would have given it 4 to 4.5. But over time, on my skin this breaks from a raspberry-rose-pepper/jasmin to a jasmin-sugar-cedar. All jasmin, and the bitter jasmin of D&G Light Blue. It never gets stabby, as LB does on my skin. But, the sugared raspberry-rose touched by tart cassis I'd hoped to see amplify doesn't. YMMV. Bottle gorgeous.

To Read all 74 Reviews, Login or Join

Bought this at the airport duty free store after smelling pretty much every perfume they had available plus a bunch more at Sephora and Ulta. I've been looking for a new "signature scent" for every day wear, having decided to retire my old standby since high school, Light Blue. This is it. It's mature, but pretty. A very sophisticated floral with deep berry and woodsy notes and a bit of musk and vanilla at the end.I don't get the powdery note on my skin that I see mentioned in a couple of other reviews. I'm not usually a musk or a berry fan, but the rose really pulls it together for me and I haven't stopped smelling myself since! People have been complimenting me constantly since I started wearing it. I'm very surprised by this scent.

Another thing I love is that I only have to re-up it once a day, and that's only if I'm going out or I just wanted to smell nice for the evening. The smell is present but not overpowering from the morning through the end of work/ afternoon activities for me.

The bottle is simple and elegantly designed, with a little purple silk/satin rose on a ribbon at the top, giving it just a touch of prettiness (while avoiding being tacky, imo) that I enjoy seeing on my sink every morning.

A really amazing scent at an affordable (for perfume) price! I will be purchasing it for years to come!

This was a blind purchase, which I know can be bad when buying perfume, but I love the mystery I guess. I am glad purchased this, I saved about $25 bucks at Fragrance X online. I like how soft and feminine this stuff smells, it has a nice sweet candied flower smell, slightly powdery reminds me more of violets than roses, I can smell hints of vanilla and a warming soft musk. I wouldn't consider this a fruity perfume which I thought it was, there is raspberry note but I feel it is more syrupy than juicy/crisp. Overall I like this perfume alot, it is not a trendy or creative scent but more of a old-fashioned corset-wearing, glamorous flower scent, it is sexy and mysterious with good strength and lasting power.

This is a lovely perfume, just not one that I wear often. I have almost a full 1.7oz bottle that I would love to sell for a very reasonable price or swap. Please message me if interested!

My absolutely favorite perfume. I always get lots of compliments when I wear it :) very warm sexy scent

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was at Sephora sniffing around like I always do, and just nothing really turned me on, until I tried this at the end of the counter. I used to love Stella, but it's in a new bottle, and it might be re-formulated, but this kind of reminded me of it. I love a nice sophisticated rose that isn't too in your face ROSE. This is just beautiful with plenty of juicy blackberries, fresh rose, and lots of fleshy musk with cedar in the base. The heart notes with my chemistry are very similar to "Roses Musk" by Montale, yes, very VERY similar. I love it! I usually will buy a perfume when I feel as if I can wear it in any situation, night or day, and in any season. This is just so lovely, I can't imagine anyone hating it. And it has amazing sillage and longevity!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wine captured and turned into parfum. It intoxicates, mesmerizes, addicts. It's full bodied and sweet but not heavy or cloying. It lasts for hours and the dry down lingers and is so feminine. Free spirited and so original - it can be worn all day and night and into the evening... any season really. It may possibly turn into a signature fragrance! I have never owned a fragrance like this one. Just like the original Tresor, this one is an original of its own as well. I don't really get the name "Midnight Rose" nor why it is even a flanker of the original. They are completely different! I think this one should be called "Coquette" if I could me the master name maker at Lancome!!!!;) It is romance and flirtation. I was back and forth a lot among all the fragrances and it took me a good month to decide which one I liked the most - and this was the one, and no regrets! I haven't been this enamored with a fragrance since Chanel's Eau Tendre. This one is so different than what I am use to wearing. I was helping a client the other day, and she said "What is that smell? It smells so good!" It was this little magical elixir:)

This is a surprising fragrance. If you do not give this fragrance a chance and stop merely at the top notes, sure, it will smell like many other frags out there now. When you smell it from the nozzle or from a tester strip, all you will really get is the berries and blackcurrant. Only when you spray this on your skin... letting it settle and swirl with your chemistry... will you understand. It quickly moves beyond the fruitiness into the heart of the florals... rose and jasmine done right. It dries down to all the above, but with the warmth of musk and vanilla. It will smell a little different on everyone.I love spraying this after my bath before I go to bed. It relaxes me and I feel so pampered. When I wake up, I catch what lingers of this ... it's soft, elegant, feminine... beautiful. It has that French charm that only Lancome has mastered.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got this as an unexpected gift from a friend. Normally, I would pass anything that has to do with berries, as I think it tends to smell very young, but I was pleasantly surprised how well rounded and balanced this scent is. This definitely does not have an age range, in my opinion. I don't smell much of rose, which on me can be a bit cloying. The dry down is a snugly musk. Every time I use this scent, it's an instant mood lifter and lasts on me all day. To me this is a going out scent, for day time and night. For office, this might be too exuberant.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Most of the scents I wear have always leaned on the 'heavier' side so it was a surprise I fell in love with this. Midnight Rose, unlike what its nama suggests, is sweet, light, uplifting and very very suitable for daily wear to the office. I love that it settles down to a subtle lingering scent after 2-3 hours of application. I love it! My husband wasn't impressed when he first caught a whiff of this scent from the bottle, but he had nothing but compliments when I wore it on. I would recommend everyone - young and old - to give this a try. Even if you couldn't love the scent, at least you have to love the cute rose on the bottle!

** EDIT ** Unfortunately I have stopped using this in the daytime because it is attracting insects, flies and what have yous.

Popular Fragrances