Tom's of Maine Natural Long Lasting Deodorant in Wild Lavender

Tom's of Maine Natural Long Lasting Deodorant in Wild Lavender

1.5

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/14/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sometimes a product is just so bad you use it a few times and toss it in the trash, this is one of those products. I like the smell of lavender so I thought this would be up my alley. It only lasts a 2-3 hours and I was smelling terrible. I'm not about to tote around a stick of deodorant in my purse an reapply in public. Smells nice, but ineffective.

In short, they changed the formula last year and it doesn't work any more for me.

For years I used this product and had no problems. Loved the scent - it's a deodorant not an anti-perspirant and I was fine with that.

Early last year the scent changed - it smells less like real lavender and more unnatural. Worse, now I smell like a skunk all the time, not sure if it's due to the formula change or a change in me, but it's horrible! Won't use any more.

on 12/5/2015 12:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am still trying to find an effective aluminum free deodorant that is natural based. This long lasting deodorant is the best one I can find so far. It only smells mildly of lavender but it does last most of the day for me.

on 2/2/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I only use aluminum free deodorants, and I used this one for about six months with no problems. I have a job that requires a decent amount of physical labor, and I only use deodorants once a day after my shower in the morning. I actually liked the lavender scent and could smell it through out the day. It is clear which is great because it means no dyes and no horrible white marks on dark clothing. Its about about 5 dollars for a little over 2 ounces; so pricing is not bad for a natural deodorant. It is also available at grocery and drug stores. I have no problems with this deodorant and have already purchased more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

To be frank, I have extremely sensitive armpits. When I began to use deodorant in about 5th grade, I constantly got rashes under my arm pits. One reaction from Secret caused me to miss almost a week of school and I had to see a special dermatologist and take steroids to fix the problem. I have experienced similar problems since but never that severe since I usually just stop using it and apply a steroid cream. The deodorant I've been using the past few years Degree of all sudden began to irritate me so I decided to try some natural brands.

I was excited for Tom's. One because Lavender is one of my favorite scents and two because it was free from a lot of the ingredients to irritate me. I also love their toothpaste. This was the first deodorant I've ever used that didn't cause any sort of itch, however it did nothing to combat my BO.

I am a female and yes I get smelly and sweaty armpits. This deodorant's smell only masked the smell for a few hours then I would smell like I didn't shower. I kept with it because I'd rather be smelly that itchy but I shouldn't half to apply this every two hours. Yesterday I bought a different drugstore brand I've never tried because I couldn't stand smelling my pits anymore.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The first time I tried this it lasted all day, and I noticed I sweated less. Then after a few days I sweated profusely right after applying it.thought that was odd. Then after that my armpit had a reaction (red and itchy). I stopped using it for a few months and tried it again after the Jason Lavender deo failed...and it's lasted all day and I noticed I've sweated less. All the different reactions I've had seem so odd. I know people talk about different bacteria reacting differently, and armpit detoxes....who knows. I'm going to use this in the winter, and may try out the crystal deodorants.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Long lasting? No. I used this and after an hour it smelled like I put nothing at all. I do not recommend

Update

I gave it to my husband to use but then he eventually started stinking. I ended up throwing it away. Waste of money

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this for the first time 2 days ago and my armpits are SO ITCHY!!! I've never had an itch on my armpits before, so I'm almost 100% sure this deodorant is the culprit. It goes on sticky and doesn't really dry up either. Ugh, totally regret trying this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've only used this one day and I can't stand it. It is supposed to smell like lavender but it doesn't really to me and especially doesn't when I put it on. It did not itch which is what I'm after but really smells awful. No thanks!

I had Bo all week. Enough said. In the trash it went.