1.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This was my first line of deodarants that I tried out on the beginning of my “finding my HG all natural deodarant journey” a couple of years back. The apricot one was the first one that I tried and at first it was ok buuuuut then discomfort ensued:( I knew that since it was an all natural deodorant that it wouldnt absorb sweat like an antiperspirant would but really just mask the smell of sweat and beginning my aluminum antiperspirant detox was aware of the unpleasent first steps that would occur. As expected I did notice a funky smell after it weared off. But alot of people need to realize it isn’t necessarily the product that does this to you it’s the bacteria that harbours in your under arm area. No sweat absorption means increase in bacteria, hence the funk you may smell with any or most natural deodarants i have come to find. Just wash your armpits with antibacterial soap before you put it on once a day atleast i find that it helps keeps that problem at bay. Also, since there is no absorption it may cause some under arm stains on your clothes which is another complaint. But the worst of all was that it started causing a very painful red and swollen rash under my armpits. At first i thought this was perhaps just part of the detox process with having switched to a natural deodarant but found out that it really is just this deodarant after trying the lavender one sometime later down the road and just ending up with the same rash. I did some more research on it later to find out that it has some more irritating ingredients that caused those rashes for me propylence glycol which unfortunately was the first ingredient listed. It’s too bad coz i like most of the scents and have easier access to buying them at the store than most natural deodarants but sadly its a no go for me. Needless to say, if you have sensitive skin I would definitely steer clear of this deodarant. P.s So far I have found that the only natural deodarants that work for me are only found online. My favorites thus far are by the organic and independently owned fields of heather brand as well as lavender moon by spirit nest. They have a creamier consistency, smell great and don't cause those painful red rashes. But if you like a more water based consistency similar to toms, arm and hammer has one called essentials that is similar in texture but doesn’t cause the red rashes (at least not for me) just throwing it out there for anyone who is on the lookout for a better natural aluminum free deodorant

About reviewer (205 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

Sometimes a product is just so bad you use it a few times and toss it in the trash, this is one of those products. I like the smell of lavender so I thought this would be up my alley. It only lasts a 2-3 hours and I was smelling terrible. I'm not about to tote around a stick of deodorant in my purse an reapply in public. Smells nice, but ineffective.

About reviewer (574 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

In short, they changed the formula last year and it doesn't work any more for me. For years I used this product and had no problems. Loved the scent - it's a deodorant not an anti-perspirant and I was fine with that. Early last year the scent changed - it smells less like real lavender and more unnatural. Worse, now I smell like a skunk all the time, not sure if it's due to the formula change or a change in me, but it's horrible! Won't use any more.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3.0

4 years ago

The first time I tried this it lasted all day, and I noticed I sweated less. Then after a few days I sweated profusely right after applying it.thought that was odd. Then after that my armpit had a reaction (red and itchy). I stopped using it for a few months and tried it again after the Jason Lavender deo failed...and it's lasted all day and I noticed I've sweated less. All the different reactions I've had seem so odd. I know people talk about different bacteria reacting differently, and armpit detoxes....who knows. I'm going to use this in the winter, and may try out the crystal deodorants.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

4 years ago

I am still trying to find an effective aluminum free deodorant that is natural based. This long lasting deodorant is the best one I can find so far. It only smells mildly of lavender but it does last most of the day for me.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

5 years ago

To be frank, I have extremely sensitive armpits. When I began to use deodorant in about 5th grade, I constantly got rashes under my arm pits. One reaction from Secret caused me to miss almost a week of school and I had to see a special dermatologist and take steroids to fix the problem. I have experienced similar problems since but never that severe since I usually just stop using it and apply a steroid cream. The deodorant I've been using the past few years Degree of all sudden began to irritate me so I decided to try some natural brands. I was excited for Tom's. One because Lavender is one of my favorite scents and two because it was free from a lot of the ingredients to irritate me. I also love their toothpaste. This was the first deodorant I've ever used that didn't cause any sort of itch, however it did nothing to combat my BO. I am a female and yes I get smelly and sweaty armpits. This deodorant's smell only masked the smell for a few hours then I would smell like I didn't shower. I kept with it because I'd rather be smelly that itchy but I shouldn't half to apply this every two hours. Yesterday I bought a different drugstore brand I've never tried because I couldn't stand smelling my pits anymore.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I only use aluminum free deodorants, and I used this one for about six months with no problems. I have a job that requires a decent amount of physical labor, and I only use deodorants once a day after my shower in the morning. I actually liked the lavender scent and could smell it through out the day. It is clear which is great because it means no dyes and no horrible white marks on dark clothing. Its about about 5 dollars for a little over 2 ounces; so pricing is not bad for a natural deodorant. It is also available at grocery and drug stores. I have no problems with this deodorant and have already purchased more.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I've only used this one day and I can't stand it. It is supposed to smell like lavender but it doesn't really to me and especially doesn't when I put it on. It did not itch which is what I'm after but really smells awful. No thanks!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

6 years ago

I tried this for the first time 2 days ago and my armpits are SO ITCHY!!! I've never had an itch on my armpits before, so I'm almost 100% sure this deodorant is the culprit. It goes on sticky and doesn't really dry up either. Ugh, totally regret trying this!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

Long lasting? No. I used this and after an hour it smelled like I put nothing at all. I do not recommend Update I gave it to my husband to use but then he eventually started stinking. I ended up throwing it away. Waste of money

About reviewer (184 reviews)

Age30-35