Butter London Hardwear PD Quick Topcoat

3.9

Ethyl Acetate, SD Alcohol, 408 Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Benzophenone-1, Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Mercaptopropionic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Violet

The topcoat is discontinued. BL's Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat has been replaced by their Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat. The new one has different ingredients and different packaging (it's a lot smaller too, 11ml vs 17.5ml). My point is, if you love this product get it while you can.

I found mine at TJ Maxx very heavily discounted. And IMO this is comparable to INM's Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat (my HG). BL's P. D. Quick top coat makes your nail polish dry FAST. Very thorough. You can even paint your nails right before you go to bed if you want to.

Plus it adds a high-gloss shine to your polish and helps to chip-proof your mani too.

And it doesn't start to get thick when you get to the end of the bottle either.

Excellent product but it is expensive. I would buy it if I could find it again and also for a great price. But since it's discontinued I'll just keep relying on INM's Out the Door.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this! Drys my nails underneath. Hardens slightly, stops chipping and prevents ripples if you use thin coats of nail polish, if the polish is streaky it with blend out with the Topcoat.

This is a good serviceable quick dry top coat. Gives a nice shiny finish without shrinkage. My only concern is that it didn't give me a whole heap of manicures (about 25) and I believe that for the same price or less I can get comparable performing top coats that have more manicures in the bottle. I found it comparable to the Sally Hansen Insta Dri Top Coat in finish and dry time but the Sally Hansen is better value for money. Nice packaging and I've been happy with the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my Holy Grail topcoat, and I've tried a lot of them. It covers all bases - shiny, quick drying, no shrinkage, nice brush, gives me good wear. It does thicken up, like any quick dry topcoat, and I thin it every now and then with Seche Restore. I buy a few bottles at a time when I can find it on sale online, because as much as I love it, at full price it's just too much for a topcoat. A bottle lasts a while though, especially considering I paint my nails about twice a week on average.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

At $19.00/bottle it's a bit of an expensive splurge. I use 1-2 bottles a year and will absolutely ALWAYS repurchase the product. When applying 1 coat I normally have a chip within 2 days and begin to lose the shine. I apply 2 coats and it keeps my nails shiny for nearly 2 weeks and I don't see a chip for a week.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got this in a set with the Butter London nail foundation base coat. I applied them both together (1 coat of base and 1 of topcoat) for a natural look. Although this topcoat dries rapidly, has a nice shine and made my nails feel harder & less fragile, the tips still chipped within a few days.

I also tried applying it over color (not BL) and it seems to wear a bit better, but I have also cut my nails back so that could be why.

I like that this doesn't have harmful ingredients and also like the thin consistency (many topcoats seem gloppy from the start) but I wouldn't buy it again for this price - it does not do a better job than others I've used.

I had high hopes for this and I can say this is the worst nailpolish I have ever used. I bought this and a sheer color and ended up returning all three of them. Very streaky and puddled up which is bad for a sheer color. I even did a manicure twice with this thinking maybe I didn't let it dry well enough. For $55 it should look like I came from the salon. Packaging lid is wasteful. Too bad, they have great marketing but terrible product. Mineral fusion nail polish works much better.

UPDATE:
I seem to have received a poor batch or old product because I exchanged this and it is completely different. No peeling and no chipping (1 minor chip, but I accidentally hit it on a stainless steel pan so, that doesn't count). This has glorious shine (looks like gel), stands up to food service industry battering, is 4 free and dries quickly. I love it!

OLD REVIEW:
This, unfortunately, is the worst top coat I have ever used. I painted it on this last night, took a shower this morning and it started chipping and peeling. I hadn't been doing anything to warrant this kind of poor performance.
I have tried painting it on thin, thick, on clean nails, on their base coat, on their color (Poole), covering the tips, not covering the tips, single coat and two coats. This chips and peels of within 24 hours EVERY TIME.
It's really too bad because it provides a lovely shine and I love the bottle design (where you use the lid cover to loosen the actual applicator...no more teeth marks). I hope it's just that I got a bad batch...because if not I am extremely disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my all-time favorite topcoat. It dries extremely fast on me - it's almost dry to touch on my first nail once I finish my 10th. It helps my manicures last longer. It's super glossy. However, I got it deeply discounted on sale, and I will not be repurchasing unless I can find it on sale again, because I just can't justify the price (about 10x as expensive as my second favorite topcoat, NYC Grand Central Station!).

I love this top coat. It keeps my nails from chipping for days even with a cheap nail polish.