Bath and Body Works Paris Amour Shower Gel

Bath and Body Works Paris Amour Shower Gel

4.2

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This scent is an easy to wear, everyday scent, although it's true that the shower gel doesn't seem to really last past the towelling-off. I enjoy using this gel, and I like the suds it produces, as well as the color of the gel and the design on the label. It doesn't fight with other scents I wear in perfume, which I like too. I don't love the price most of the time, and kind of resent that it is only actually a reasonable value when BBW has their big sales (this is a general irk about BBW, though, not specific to Paris Amour gel).

I have the body cream tube and an old bottle of the body spray also in this scent, and if I layer them all, the scent lasts for a bit, but frankly, like all BBW fragrances, it's not a fragrance that you would get long wear out of. It is very inoffensive, but it's a shame this scent doesn't last well.

This is my favorite from bbw but unfortunately they will not produce it anymore

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This is one of the few scents that I absolutely love from BBW. It's a combination of floral and fruity. I'm a fan of the Beautiful Day scent, so if you like that one then I definitely think you should check this out.
I like that it lathers. My biggest pet peeve is when things don't lather because I usually equate it to its cleaning ability.
The scent can be super overwhelming in the shower, but I find that after a few hours it disappears. I tried to follow it up with the matching body lotion and I find that it helps with the staying power.
Another reason I used the lotion is because I find this - and BBW's shower gels in general - to be a little drying. That's partly why I didn't give it 5 lippies.

on 5/20/2013 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this shower gel, but nothing out of the ordinary. It smells great, somewhat fruity and flowery in the same time. However, the smell does not linger on the skin. You don't smell it after the shower is done. The gel lather a lot, and I love the packaging, it's really cute. Overall, an okay product but I will probably not repurchase. Life is too short to waste it with a product that is only ''okay''.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not an offensive scent, but is quite flowery. Doesn't last long enough to interfere with perfumes but I don't find it pleasant. When washing it's quite strong and cloying but doesn't last on the skin.

on 11/10/2012 10:17:00 PM

I love the scent of this B&BW shower gel! It's sweet but not too sweet, a little bit floral-y and ends up fairly subtle so that it doesn't interfere with perfume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells great! So fruity! I love it! My favorite BBW scent!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have repeatedly seen this scent described as "raspberries and cream," and I agree - very sweet raspberries and cream, like raspberry and creme Creme Savers. Despite this, it's light and airy enough that the sweetness isn't overpowering. As always, BBW shower gels make big mounds of foam with only a small amount of product, cleansing my skin well without stripping. The only real flaw in Paris Amour is that the initial lather-up actually smells like a sharp, woodsy, artificial vanilla - very similar to, somewhat unfortunately, AXE Excite. I would buy this again, but probably not very often. The packaging in this line is beautiful, with the pink and blue watercolor labels and raspberry pink caps.

on 12/30/2011 1:44:00 PM

This smells sooooo good. Got it as another Christmas gift from a friend and it is a very nice gift. I actually get compliments all the time on how good I smell. Plus, the pump makes it super easy to use. Love the smell, the package, and everything about it. Will repurchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the previous reviewer.This is one of the few B&BW scents that actually stays on after a shower and truth be told it's really the only scent I like by them anymore:/