Bottega Veneta EDP

Bottega Veneta EDP

4.1

on 9/24/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This has become one of my favorite perfumes and I wear this aromatic soft leather beauty often. Here's the notes, lifted from Fragrantica:

The nose of the composition is Michel Almairac from Robertet who blended notes of Italian bergamot, Brazilian pink pepper, Indian Sambac jasmine, oak moss, patchouli and Indian patchouli, with a distinct leather accord in the trail.

I get the sparkle of the bergamot and pink pepper in the opening but the whole composition is beautifully blended so that nothing stands out in particular. It wears fairly close to the skin without huge sillage but it's definitely noticeable, just not in your face. It's also linear without much development, like being wrapped in silk, smooth and elegant enough to be appropriate for any occasion and wears well year round. Lasting power is above average. Can you tell I love it? Highly recommend!

on 12/30/2015 9:05:00 AM

It's a leather fragrance, not as dry as Cabochard, not as cuddly as Cuir Mauresque but somewhere in between. It smells classic, like how I remember Miss Dior or Jolie Madame. Well-balanced, discreet, but with presence. There's some powder and flower but it's mostly leather. It blooms on the skin, and goes from being quite thin and meh to more full-bodied and longlasting within ten minutes or so.
A little bit sweet but no obvious fruit notes.
I'm buying it because I don't want to pay the big bucks for Cuir Mauresque.

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/3/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Notes include Italian bergamot, Brazilian pink pepper, Indian Sambac jasmine, oak moss, patchouli and Indian patchouli, with a distinct leather accord in the trail. This is a really unique scent, and one of the best in the women's fragrance field in quite a while. Very classy and unique, sexy too. The body collection is to die for!

on 2/27/2015 1:16:00 PM

Am I the only one that thinks this smells like an old woman's cash drawer?

This is a sexy moody leathery bohemian number. I love the inspiration of the old leather books in an italian countryside house story for it, they nailed it. Bc of that it has that deep sexy edge to it which I don't tend to reach for as much these days, but this is as sexy mysterious and dark as lolita lempicka purple bottle to me (not sure about the new formula). Both slightly unisex.

on 12/29/2014 2:38:00 PM

Both the fragrance and the bottle are just beautiful. They are strong, but not loud. The first moments i smelled BV i thought i didn't like it, because of the patchoulli. But to my surprise it wasn't overwhelming, but understated and lovely. Men could wear this, but to me it is very feminine, warm and elegant. Very happy with my new purchase :-)

The first leather fragrance I am able to wear. I always thought leather as a note should be sexy and was disappointed when much loved fragrances like Lancome Cuir or Daim Blond turned sour and unpleasant on me. Bottega Veneta is a gracious, feminine and mature fragrance - luxurious in an understated way. It is essentially the fragrance of a new suede bag plus the intoxicating ripe - not jammy - apricot, and some white flowers. I find it does not change much on the skin and it lasts for most of the day. It is not a crowd pleaser, especilly not for Flowerbomb/Bonbon/La Vie Est Belle lovers. If you like Opium Voile de Fleurs (the lightest Opium in the pink/beige flacon) you may like this one as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This perfume is simply gorgeous and worth the price. It has a sexy, spicy yet understated smell that is truly distinctive yet not overpowering. I get so many compliments when I wear it too.

on 2/25/2014 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Soft nicely leathery amber scent with touches of oriental floral. Very elegant, but mostly black tie formal, and not for day wear. Just a touch too rich for summer days

on 1/30/2014 10:11:00 AM

I smelled Bottega Veneta one day, out casually sniffing. I hadn't seen any ads or listed notes to color my impression, I just held that strip up to my nose and nearly floated through the store. What *is* this? I couldn't figure out what I was smelling, I just knew it was amazing. And different than every thing else that was new. Bottega Veneta has an old soul. A modern take on a vintage perfume. Like my beloved chypres!

When first sprayed, it is fresh like the way the air used to smell when the neighbors would do laundry back when laundry detergent smelled good. There is bergamot, and little bit of fruity plum. (It actually smells like the color of a plum, too--the thin purple outside skin and the pale peachy insides.) Then there is some suede. And a delicious, softly powdered, chypre drydown. Bottega Veneta smells smart, polished, poised, and approachable--your modern day sexy librarian scent. The sillage is present, but polite.

The bottle is adorable. It is like a little jewel in my collection. The glass is heavy, the cap is tight and solid, the little leather band that twists around the neck is secured with a tiny butterfly clasp and isn't cheap looking. The bottom of the bottle is thick with a wavy frosted texture. I ordered it directly from the Bottega Veneta site, which was a little cheaper than buying it at the department store. It was hand packaged and came in a tied Bottega Veneta shopping bag with the crinkly paper inside, very nice experience.

Popular Fragrances