Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Cream Eyeliner

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I don't know how to put it other than: These liners are AMAZING!!! I purchased my first one in Cherry Black and within a week I had gone back to get 3 more colors. I have a love hate relationship with eyeliner...I love the way it looks and defines my eyes, but I have super sensitive and watery eyes that will almost always win the fight with eyeliner leaving me looking like a badly made-made up crying raccoon! However, these gems from YSL are as tenacious as it gets but they don't irritate my eyes at all. My eyes tend to be watery anyway, and these puppies withstand my faucet eyes, workout sweats, humidity, everything!! They are super easy to apply, great for tightlining, and aesthetically gorgeous. I use the Sephora pro gel liner brush or Laura Mercier's flat top push liner brush and they glide on like a dream (and I suck at applying potted liner!). My mom has commented on my eye makeup every time she sees me and I happen to be wearing one if these liners (and she's my toughest critic so that's pretty huge!). They dont flake, budge, feather, migrate, transfer or run. The texture is smooth and creamy, and just a dip in the pot gets me an adequate amount for once across the lid. They can also be built up easily without the color sliding all around (to fill in mistakes, thicken the line etc... these babies are opaque and pigmented!) Once they've set, they're bulletproof, so a seperate eye makeup remover is necessary, or if you use a cleansing oil like me, it does a great job at removal as well. The price may seem steep but they're worth the money, trust me!! The opacity and quality of this liner makes the amount in the pot enough to last forever and ever...I haven't had problems with drying out yet, so hopefully it stays that way. Just remover to screw the lid on super right every time and store them as recommended. These are truly splurge-worthy and are my HG! I have them in Deep black which is exactly what the name implies, Cherry-black which is more of a deep blackened purple, sea black which imo isn't black at all, it's a gorgeous dark blue (but not as deep as navy), jade black which is a beautiful deep green, and bronze black which is actually more of a khaki, but is gorgeous nonetheless!! These liners from YSL reawakened my love for eyeliner!

on 1/16/2013 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Fabulous product. I have ashy black, which is a deep graphite shade. It applies like a dream, lasts all day (I set it with a dab of powder), and removes easily. What more can you ask for from a cream liner?

on 12/31/2012 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Meh.....

I bought this to see if it was better than MAC's Blacktrack. It's alright but it doesn't have the staying power or the colour saturation of MAC's BT, plus, too expensive in comparison. On to Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Gel Liner. Wish me luck!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

too expensive for a cream liner that doesn't last