Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Cream Eyeliner

No Image

4.8

on 8/21/2014 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's like applying colored silk to your eyelids. The staying power is terrific and they do not irritate my sensitive eyes. The lightweight case is easy on the eye and ready to travel with me wherever I go. I now have two colors--Cherry Black was my first, and since it still applies as if new after almost a year, I picked up Jade Black for days I want to up my game face and perhaps add some Mrs. Robinson allure. This makes the ritual of applying eyeliner an almost sensual experience (when I have time!) They got this one right. Highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is an excellent cream eyeliner that I will continue to purchase.

I've been using this for years, and continue to come back to this. I have tried approximately 6 different high-end cream eyeliner, and this is by far the best. I use this on my waterline/lower lash line, and this DOES not budge. I have used this in Shanghai's incredibly humid, wet summers, and this has not moved or smudged. Unlike other cream eyeliners that I use on my lower lash line, I can connect this to my Stila liquid eyeliner on my upper lash line, and the connecting line does not smudge. (NARS Paint Pot, I am looking at you.) Additionally, I have not experienced any irritation and I do wear contacts.

The pot does not dry over time, and the color payoff is beautiful. I use cherry black, which works well on my green eyes. It's not too harsh for my fair skin and blonde hair, which is sometimes an issue with black-based liners. I do wish, however, that YSL would extend the color range. The price is fairly high for a cream eyeliner, but the longevity of the pot and lack of drying out compensates. This cream eyeliner lasts approximately six months or more with every day use. A tiny amount goes a long way when applied with a small, pointed eyeliner brush!

Keep up the good work, YSL!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

It is a great eyeliner. I bought the cherry black which is a dark black with purple tint and a hint of shimmer. The color goes on rich and lasts really long, like from 8a to 4p (I live in Hawai'i so its impressive in this humidity in addition to my oily lids).
It's important to have a good brush to apply it with and I noticed cleaning the brush after every other use makes it super easy to apply. If you let the brush build up with product, it can get clumpy and that results in some fall out and smudges on the cheeks and eyes. So make sure to clean your brush!
The packaging is very luxe and nice, I dropped it and thankfully it did not crack.
The amount of product will probably last over a few months or more, so that's a plus!
I just started experimenting with gel/cream liners and this has been really great for a beginner like me. I usually use Stila's liquid liner which I hold onto for the days I need a quick cat eye, but the cream liner lasts longer for me and is more versatile in terms of eyeliner thickness and style (especially if I want a little smudge).
Bottom line, its long lasting and rich in color; with a good clean brush it goes on super smooth.

on 12/27/2013 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have oily and hooded eyelids; most primers don't work other than Proof 10 (Etude) and to a lesser extent, NARS.
I bought Sea Black, a dark blue with a tiny hint of shimmer-enough to keep it from being flat-in December of 2011. I still have the same pot; I store it upside down in the original box. Some months it's a bit dryer but it is still creamy enough and will not flake.

I use a bent eyeliner brush and have plenty of time to refine a winged eye. It sets well and for me it lasts all day. This year I bought Ashy Black, which is black with a hint of gold shimmer. It is creamier, being newer, and glides on more readily. Both of these liners last me a 14-hour day. I get no lid staining or irritation either.

I use it on upper lid only. For people who tightline this would smudge as it's a cream and hence not water-soluble and won't "adhere" to the lid lining. A gel (BB, MAC) would be preferable.

on 5/5/2012 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this in sea black (a deep blue almost black) especially for brown eyes. I also have this in jade black and ashy black because it wears so well on me at the moment.
It is a dramatic line that isnt as harsh as black and the consistency of this liner is very nice. It comes in a small glass pot as most of these types of liners do and has the expected YSL logo on the gold lid.
I use a fine eyeliner brush with this and find this the easiest (as opposed to push liner brush or angled) but a bent brush also works well like the one by sonia kashuk.
It wore very well on me for 8 hours with mac's paint pot as a base and I have extremely oily skin/lids and live in humid Atlanta.
This worked very well for me. I have gel/cream eyeliners by bobbi brown, mac and stila as well.
So far Ive only had the stila long enough (on my 3rd pot over 4 years) to know that it will not last you longer than a year before drying out but there are tricks on youtube showing you how to lengthen the life by adding a few drops of glycerin and microwaving it carefully to mix it back to its creamy consistency. I dont know about the staying power once you do this, but I will update when I try this with mine.