Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Cream Eyeliner

No Image

3.5

on 12/28/2015 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this. I really did... but I did not. I'm not sure I understand the previous reviews as I found this eyeliner to be terrible when it comes to staying power. Coming from someone with DRY eyelids due to eczema, I almost never struggle when it comes to "priming" or "setting" any makeup that goes near my eyes! The YSL packaging is without a doubt gorgeous, but by the end of the day, I have subtle raccoon eyes. I bought this thinking it would be THE gel eyeliner (IT SHOULD BE FOR THE PRICE!), but it totally failed me. I have had this product for 6 months and it is currently drying out (I'm very good at storing my glass makeup pots, always upside down, away from heat, and close it immediately after use), so I don't believe some of these reviewers have had the liner long enough.Yes, it applied like a dream with the correct brush (I used a tiny angled brush), but when you come home and see $30 liner FADED and smudged everywhere it shouldn't be, it's a bit of a disappointment. Save your money. Look elsewhere!

on 5/20/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Thoroughly enjoying this product. I bought the Jade Green and the navy blue (forgot name).

I have a difficult time with gel liners but will not give up on them either. This one applies like a dream, very soft. The colors are elegant. the packaging.. meh, they all come in some form of pot which unless closed very carefully will give you a dried up product in short order.
The coverage is excellent and they draw a very defined line. So far I have not had any problem with messy tear duct leakage. I have to remove with Bifacil not because they are entirely waterproof, but because I don't like to tug at my eyelids.

I did not purchase the black because I have quite a few from many other lines and black is the most simplistic color around.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ended up purchasing this eyeliner after I found out that the Givenchy cream eyeliner I'd been using prior to this had been discontinued. Although expensive, this is the best cream eyeliner I've used thus far.
I'm someone who wears a cat-eye every single day, and I'm pleased to say that this eyeliner has lasted me almost a year! In that time, it has maintained quality, consistency and pigment over this period. I apply it with an angled MAC eyeliner brush, and finish off with a pointed eyeliner brush. This product is super pigmented, and super black- which is exactly what it should be for this price. It glides on really easily, and dries quite fast, which is great if you're in a hurry. The other eyeliners I used prior to this, be it liquid or cream have irritated my eyelid; this does not do so.

The only problem I have with this product, is that it is prone to smudging. This can be corrected by touch-ups with eye makeup touch up sticks like the ones Simple makes.

I am impressed with this product, and will consider buying this product again. However, I am also going to be considering other products with longer lasting power on my next purchasing trip.

on 7/2/2012 10:11:00 PM

This was an expensive product and thankfully, with Sephora's return policy, I decided to try it out......and i ended up returning it. I'm on the search for the best gel eyeliner to utilize the "tightlining" method which looks much better for me asian eyes than the normal eyeliner method near the lashline.

This eyeliner's colour was very pigmented and made my eyes look very luscious. However, it took time to try for it would smudge on my contacts and near my lower lashes. The wear's not good at all. I would have smudges on the bottom outer corner of my eye. For the price, this eyeliner was definitely not worth it for me at all.

I tried it out during my 10-hour shifts at work and it smudged like 1-2 hours later, giving me raccoon eyes. At first, I thought it was the heat because I was on the patio all day. But then wearing it after a day of shopping, it still did not impress me after its second chance. I ended up returning it and is still on the search for my perfect tightlining gel eyeliner!

on 4/13/2012 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is my favourite cream eyeliner out there! Ok I've only tried two others but still :).
I love the design but I bought a pencil (from YSL) with it and the pencil is so thick and is really hard to work with which is why I use one I have from Chanel.. Anyway I always use this when I'm going out as it really last for a long time.

the color is nice and thick black whick stays "wet looking" for long!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

too expensive for a cream liner that doesn't last