Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Cream Eyeliner

No Image

1 review

on 5/5/2012 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this in sea black (a deep blue almost black) especially for brown eyes. I also have this in jade black and ashy black because it wears so well on me at the moment.
It is a dramatic line that isnt as harsh as black and the consistency of this liner is very nice. It comes in a small glass pot as most of these types of liners do and has the expected YSL logo on the gold lid.
I use a fine eyeliner brush with this and find this the easiest (as opposed to push liner brush or angled) but a bent brush also works well like the one by sonia kashuk.
It wore very well on me for 8 hours with mac's paint pot as a base and I have extremely oily skin/lids and live in humid Atlanta.
This worked very well for me. I have gel/cream eyeliners by bobbi brown, mac and stila as well.
So far Ive only had the stila long enough (on my 3rd pot over 4 years) to know that it will not last you longer than a year before drying out but there are tricks on youtube showing you how to lengthen the life by adding a few drops of glycerin and microwaving it carefully to mix it back to its creamy consistency. I dont know about the staying power once you do this, but I will update when I try this with mine.