Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Cream Eyeliner

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is an excellent cream eyeliner that I will continue to purchase.

I've been using this for years, and continue to come back to this. I have tried approximately 6 different high-end cream eyeliner, and this is by far the best. I use this on my waterline/lower lash line, and this DOES not budge. I have used this in Shanghai's incredibly humid, wet summers, and this has not moved or smudged. Unlike other cream eyeliners that I use on my lower lash line, I can connect this to my Stila liquid eyeliner on my upper lash line, and the connecting line does not smudge. (NARS Paint Pot, I am looking at you.) Additionally, I have not experienced any irritation and I do wear contacts.

The pot does not dry over time, and the color payoff is beautiful. I use cherry black, which works well on my green eyes. It's not too harsh for my fair skin and blonde hair, which is sometimes an issue with black-based liners. I do wish, however, that YSL would extend the color range. The price is fairly high for a cream eyeliner, but the longevity of the pot and lack of drying out compensates. This cream eyeliner lasts approximately six months or more with every day use. A tiny amount goes a long way when applied with a small, pointed eyeliner brush!

Keep up the good work, YSL!

on 5/4/2014 7:02:00 AM

I bought this colour in the cherry black, it is a dark black with a hint of purple. When applying the colour from afar after applying it just looks like a regular black gel colour. I really like this product as it stays without smudging, using a decent eye liner brush makes a big difference as build up can make it hard to actually apply the liner.
I would definitely get this again as it's proved to be the best gel liner i've tried so far.
Check out my other reviews on my blog =]
heelsssss.blogspot.com

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I don't know how to put it other than: These liners are AMAZING!!! I purchased my first one in Cherry Black and within a week I had gone back to get 3 more colors. I have a love hate relationship with eyeliner...I love the way it looks and defines my eyes, but I have super sensitive and watery eyes that will almost always win the fight with eyeliner leaving me looking like a badly made-made up crying raccoon! However, these gems from YSL are as tenacious as it gets but they don't irritate my eyes at all. My eyes tend to be watery anyway, and these puppies withstand my faucet eyes, workout sweats, humidity, everything!! They are super easy to apply, great for tightlining, and aesthetically gorgeous. I use the Sephora pro gel liner brush or Laura Mercier's flat top push liner brush and they glide on like a dream (and I suck at applying potted liner!). My mom has commented on my eye makeup every time she sees me and I happen to be wearing one if these liners (and she's my toughest critic so that's pretty huge!). They dont flake, budge, feather, migrate, transfer or run. The texture is smooth and creamy, and just a dip in the pot gets me an adequate amount for once across the lid. They can also be built up easily without the color sliding all around (to fill in mistakes, thicken the line etc... these babies are opaque and pigmented!) Once they've set, they're bulletproof, so a seperate eye makeup remover is necessary, or if you use a cleansing oil like me, it does a great job at removal as well. The price may seem steep but they're worth the money, trust me!! The opacity and quality of this liner makes the amount in the pot enough to last forever and ever...I haven't had problems with drying out yet, so hopefully it stays that way. Just remover to screw the lid on super right every time and store them as recommended. These are truly splurge-worthy and are my HG! I have them in Deep black which is exactly what the name implies, Cherry-black which is more of a deep blackened purple, sea black which imo isn't black at all, it's a gorgeous dark blue (but not as deep as navy), jade black which is a beautiful deep green, and bronze black which is actually more of a khaki, but is gorgeous nonetheless!! These liners from YSL reawakened my love for eyeliner!

on 5/20/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Thoroughly enjoying this product. I bought the Jade Green and the navy blue (forgot name).

I have a difficult time with gel liners but will not give up on them either. This one applies like a dream, very soft. The colors are elegant. the packaging.. meh, they all come in some form of pot which unless closed very carefully will give you a dried up product in short order.
The coverage is excellent and they draw a very defined line. So far I have not had any problem with messy tear duct leakage. I have to remove with Bifacil not because they are entirely waterproof, but because I don't like to tug at my eyelids.

I did not purchase the black because I have quite a few from many other lines and black is the most simplistic color around.

on 12/31/2012 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Meh.....

I bought this to see if it was better than MAC's Blacktrack. It's alright but it doesn't have the staying power or the colour saturation of MAC's BT, plus, too expensive in comparison. On to Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Gel Liner. Wish me luck!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

too expensive for a cream liner that doesn't last