FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Green
FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am sooooo confused on why this has so many good reviews. I was so excited to order this, I got it express shipped from Amazon and paid 30 bucks total. It is by far the worst mascara I've ever used. It is too wet and it doesn't hold a curl whatsoever (I tried curling before and after). I even got the waterproof version bc I know those usually hold a curl better... but not in this case. No length and you need at least four coats to get any volume. Is there a trick to this that I just don't know about?

on 8/7/2013 10:45:00 PM

I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much. I found this mascara did deliver on making my lashes look longer and thicker; however, the consistency was thick. The heavy consistency built up around the brush (look at the sample picture and imagine the bit on the top not so slowly building each use despite all efforts to annihilate the excess). The consistency inhibited the brush from having the impact it should have. The brush and mascara formulation were a bad combination which resulted in having to apply the mascara over and over to get an even coat. The color was also not as dark as it could have been. Rename it Clump Queen.

I would not buy this particular mascara again but I would try other mascaras by FairyDrops.

on 10/22/2012 2:15:00 AM

I'm pretty sure I did what 90% of the people did and bought it for the cute packaging :) Surprisingly i liked the fibre mascara. It lengthened and volumized my lashes. Didn't flake or smudge and lasted all day. I can see why people wouldn't like the wetness of the product, but if you apply it carefully it really wasn't a big deal. I took off a lippy because it was super expensive (I purchased mine for 28.00can) and i am still on the hunt for the perfect drugstore mascara; I guess you could call this purchase a moment of weakness...

I love this mascara. One coat looks just lovely and 3 makes me look sufficiently slutty for a night out. Also, my eyelashes are tiny-ish & this makes them purdy purdy purdy.

on 8/21/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this mascara. It's one of the "tubing" mascaras, so it takes a little finesse to apply. This is the ONLY mascara I have found that lasts all day without smudging on me...and it rinses off with just warm water.

Only two drawbacks: it's expensive ($24 at Sephora), and it dries out quickly. I have been able to stretch mine out a little by adding visene to the tube, but it only gets me a few more wears.

Overall, a great mascara though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The brush is innovative and gives me a very sweet but made up look (makes me think this is intended for Lolita fashion). It's seems to curl lengthen and volumize well and it doesn't define badly either. I've yet to find anything I consider perfect but this one is quite good. The packaging is cute too. My gripe is I always have to wipe the brush off as it collects to much product, I think a smaller hole in the top of the tube would make this mascara better.

on 4/18/2012 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Meh.....this is not a horrible mascara but it comes out a little clumpier than most and given the cost it's not fantastic. The brush is kind of cool and unique but it's nothing amazing.