FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

4.8

I got this mascara with my Sephora Lash Stash and I fell in love. This mascara has fibers in it which makes the lashes longer and fuller without clumps. It is water resistant which is something it doesn't always advertise but I think it is an important quality that the consumer should be aware of. I wore this mascara sometimes during swim team and it never smudge or gave me "raccoon eyes". I let my friend use this mascara and she's hooked on it too. Probably my favorite water proof/resistant mascara.

on 11/9/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I loved this mascara, but I don't know where to buy it now that Sephora no longer carries it. Understand that I am rarely satisfied with a mascara, but Scandel Queen is as close to perfect I've ever experienced. It is jet black, provides crazy curling volume that stays all day, lengthens, and comes off easily with soap and water. I believe the secret is the crazy three bump brush plus the formula that keeps lashes just stiff enough to hold curl. This stuff is amazing!

This is my HG mascara! I love love LOVE it! I have long, straight, and normal volume lashes. I use a curler and then apply one maybe two coats of this on my eyelashes and they look amazing! Natural and yet doll like, in my opinion. The best thing is that, even though itís not water proof, it stays put until I want it off! No flaking or horrid raccoon eyes! And all you have to do to get it off, is to use warm water on a washcloth, hold it on the eye and then wipe away. I can even cry with this mascara on and it will not come off! Well unless you rub at your eyes. But still! All in all, through all weather conditions and many types of situations that cause makeup to go crazy, this lasts though them! I will say though, that after a while of using it, the formula does thicken and the mascara does flake a little bit. But thatís me trying to use it up over the time of when I should have thrown it away, because it does cost a pretty little penny!

on 3/3/2012 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've tried countless mascaras and this is officially my holy grail. Unlike other fiber mascaras I've tried it doesn't flake throughout the day or give you weird, thin, spindly looking lashes. This actually volumizes as well giving an amazing almost false lash effect.The best part about it is that it is water resistent and not water proof. It doesn't smudge on me at ALL during the day (even when i wear it on my bottom lashes) and keeps my lashes set in place, but comes off SO easy when I wash my face at night so I don't have to tug at my eyes at all. I've actually fallen asleep in it (bad, I know) and it still looked great the next day/no smudges. The tube doesn't dry out as quickly as other mascaras I've used in the past, either, and is seriously adorable. I'm on my 4th tube since this was first launched at Sephora.

on 10/7/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have short (but fairly thick) eyelashes that just won't hold a curl with normal mascaras. I am also very very picky about what I put on my lashes, because any sign of raccoon eyes or smudging and I return/toss the product. I love Fairydrops, my eyelashes have never looked prettier ;)

The Packaging: Normal mascara tube, not so normal wand. It looks like 3 balls put together in a curve. If you hold the wand so the curve faces down (like a frowny face) you can apply to your whole lashline in one or two strokes. My only complaint is that the wand gathers product at the tip, and you have to wipe it off lest you get excess mascara all over the place (I know you have to do this with other mascaras too, but it really is excessive for this one).

The Product: glossy and black, and never smudges or fades. The mascara lasts all day without smudging, and even better, holds a curl all day. My eyelashes are pretty and doll-like for 12-18 hours without fading (it might be longer, but I don't wear makeup while sleeping so I couldn't tell you). It lengthens dramatically and doesn't clump :)

The Price: Pricey, but you get what you pay for, no mistake. I've tried pricier who fall short and cheaper who never reach this level of quality.