FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

3.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just bought this tonight after reading all the reviews. I am Caucasian, but I have short to normal length eyelashes that are pin straight and very hard to hold a curl. I figured I would give the Japanese mascara a try. I've used Fiberwig in the past and liked it, but wanted to try something new. So I got the Fairydrops. The brush is a little funky looking and gathers mascara in the grooves of it causing clumps. This mascara definitely adds length, but it clumps and makes my eyelashes look spider-ey :( I am super bummed! I was really excited to give this a try. Sadly, I will be returning this tomorrow and getting my trust old fiberwig!

on 11/9/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this mascara in a sample size in the Sephora favorites mascara sampler. I was really excited given all the hype about how popular it is in Japan, plus I have the type of lashes they describe (long, straight, hard to hold a curl). However I was disappointed. If I didn't wipe the brush I got clumps of mascara and if I did wipe the brush I didn't get enough. I guess it would be a good mascara if you're looking for something that provides a very natural effect, but I was expecting more from this one and you could find drugstore brands that will give the same look. I will say it did a decent job of holding a curl, but that's not enough for me to consider buying the full size.

on 5/31/2013 11:45:00 AM

For $24, I expect WOW from a mascara. Sadly, this didn't give me WOW.

I purchased on Amazon. Love the gorgeous tube and the slightly wet formula which does apply so very smoothly. The funky brush is OK. The glossy black color is nice.

This gives me very good length, OK volume (again, I wanted WOW). But what I truly hate is the internal thing that is supposed to scrape off excess product upon withdrawing the brush = USELESS! It doesn't scrape any extra off = I have to be VERY careful w/ application or its clump city (Fairdrops could take a lesson from L'Oreal Voluminous and Revlon Grow Luscious Lash potion).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This little Japanese beauty is pretty good at what it does. I mean, it's a mascara. It will lengthen and darken your lashes, but don't ask too much of it - no skyscraper lashes here. You know those nifty little bottom lash mascaras? I use this exclusively for my bottom lashes. It gives a subtle, spaced out effect on the top lashes but really excels in covering my bottom lashes and making me feel like a cute lil' lolita doll. That's probably because of the brush which I LOVE - must be a FairyDrops exclusive because I haven't seen such a unique brush in our Western brands. I think the Scandal Queen is only different to the original in that it gives thicker, blacker lashes? I favour big long LOOK AT ME lashes so while this isn't my favourite mascara overall, it's still worthwhile to have! Got this in an NYC Sephora and while I don't remember the exact price, I don't remember weeping as I handed my dollars over.. Good sign, I think.

on 11/30/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this mostly because of all the hype, and the fact that it's Japanese. I'm a sucker for any Asian thing I can get my hands on in Canada. The packaging might have had something to do with it too... Anyway, It's a good product, I suppose. Practically impossible to apply without making a mess, it really takes practice. And I find it clumps my lashes together a bit. And VERY expensive! Otherwise it is a decent product, though I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I also have Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara. The Sephora salespeople sold it to me as a more dramatic alternative to Blinc, which I've been using to avoid summertime raccoon eye. I am meh on the brush, but the formula gives me the effect I want: dark, dramatic eyelashes that wear all day with no smudge. It does dry very hard, so flakes can be a problem if you're an eye-toucher. Also, the formula is very thick and if you apply with a heavy hand There Will Be Clumps. I assume it's because of the fibers. I guess it's a fine line--too thick and it goes on clumpy, too smooth and it doesn't give enough volume.

I love the brush. It makes it so easy to apply. I have really long, fairly thick lashes so I can't say that I look for a mascara to give me drama. The thing I love about this mascara is that it doesn't flake or transfer on eyelids and that is remarkable because I have oily eyelids. Rich black glossy color too. Plus does not clump.

on 7/18/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i loved this mascara. It worked great. I got it from a friend for my birthday. It gave my lashes a lot of volume without being clumpy or anything like that.