FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

4.5

on 8/7/2013 10:45:00 PM

I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much. I found this mascara did deliver on making my lashes look longer and thicker; however, the consistency was thick. The heavy consistency built up around the brush (look at the sample picture and imagine the bit on the top not so slowly building each use despite all efforts to annihilate the excess). The consistency inhibited the brush from having the impact it should have. The brush and mascara formulation were a bad combination which resulted in having to apply the mascara over and over to get an even coat. The color was also not as dark as it could have been. Rename it Clump Queen.

I would not buy this particular mascara again but I would try other mascaras by FairyDrops.

on 8/2/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara, it's the one currently selling at Sephora. I bought it on a whim, and the brush intrigued me. The mascara was clumped all over the brush on the tester, and I found this to be the same case for my tube - nothing like the picture on sephora.com. I have to wipe the excess mascara off carefully before applying. I don't wipe it off with a tissue - at 24 bucks a tube I wipe it carefully back into the tube lol.
Ok so the brush is REALLY cool - it gets even the tiniest lashes and is super-easy to use without getting mascara all over your face. My lashes are pretty puny and this mascara makes them long and lush, and the formula dries quickly. The thing that makes it even better than Diorshow is that it is water resistant, so unlike Diorshow I do not have raccoon-eyes at the end of the day even in humid conditions. I do curl my lashes for a few seconds before applying and the curl lasts all day. The more I wear this mascara the more I like it. I find the price to be horribly expensive but it works so well I will likely suck it up and buy again - although once this one is dried out I am going to try the brush with my old favorite Maybelline Full and Soft and see how they compare.
The formula deserves 5 lippies, but I took one lippie off for the way it clumps on the brush and also the price gouging. If you love mascara it is certainly worth a try.

on 9/7/2018 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is my ride or die waterproof mascara. Finally a decent volume mascara that stays put whatever you throw at it. Its really black, it’s glossy, it volumises and lengthens to infinity and beyond. And it has caring ingredients to boot, there is nothing on my mascara wish list that this mascara doesn’t have. Well, maybe availability... I have to buy it online at Beauty Bay or Cult Beauty, which unfortunately enables me to purchase other expensive stuff there ;)...

on 8/21/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this mascara. It's one of the "tubing" mascaras, so it takes a little finesse to apply. This is the ONLY mascara I have found that lasts all day without smudging on me...and it rinses off with just warm water.

Only two drawbacks: it's expensive ($24 at Sephora), and it dries out quickly. I have been able to stretch mine out a little by adding visene to the tube, but it only gets me a few more wears.

Overall, a great mascara though.

This is my HG mascara! I love love LOVE it! I have long, straight, and normal volume lashes. I use a curler and then apply one maybe two coats of this on my eyelashes and they look amazing! Natural and yet doll like, in my opinion. The best thing is that, even though its not water proof, it stays put until I want it off! No flaking or horrid raccoon eyes! And all you have to do to get it off, is to use warm water on a washcloth, hold it on the eye and then wipe away. I can even cry with this mascara on and it will not come off! Well unless you rub at your eyes. But still! All in all, through all weather conditions and many types of situations that cause makeup to go crazy, this lasts though them! I will say though, that after a while of using it, the formula does thicken and the mascara does flake a little bit. But thats me trying to use it up over the time of when I should have thrown it away, because it does cost a pretty little penny!

on 3/3/2012 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've tried countless mascaras and this is officially my holy grail. Unlike other fiber mascaras I've tried it doesn't flake throughout the day or give you weird, thin, spindly looking lashes. This actually volumizes as well giving an amazing almost false lash effect.The best part about it is that it is water resistent and not water proof. It doesn't smudge on me at ALL during the day (even when i wear it on my bottom lashes) and keeps my lashes set in place, but comes off SO easy when I wash my face at night so I don't have to tug at my eyes at all. I've actually fallen asleep in it (bad, I know) and it still looked great the next day/no smudges. The tube doesn't dry out as quickly as other mascaras I've used in the past, either, and is seriously adorable. I'm on my 4th tube since this was first launched at Sephora.