FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Other
FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

2.6

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first Japanese mascara I've ever used and it makes me want to try more. Why? Because it's truly waterproof. I live in an area where it's hot and humid most of the year and this stuff doesn't flake or smear. It's also very easy to remove at the end of the day. I will give it a lot of credit for staying power but it doesn't give my lashes the boost it needs. I have the typical short and thin Asian lashes and this just provides a bit of lengthening. It does nothing at all for volumizing. It helps hold a curl a bit but not much. I won't rebuy this especially not at the high price but I still recommend it for people who may already have long and thick lashes but just want something smear resistant.

on 11/18/2012 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was SO excited to try this mascara because of all the hype. I thought the brush was so cool and I thought it would give me super full lashes. Nope. It looked really weird on me- my lashes clumped together so badly it looked like I only had about 5 lashes on each eye. Just....strange. Tried it several different ways and I got this result every time. Sadly I returned it to Sephora.

I have to write an amazing review for this product. I had not discovered a mascara that would NOT SMUDGE on me ever, until I met this mascara. For reference, I've tried the Maybelline One-by-One and the Max Factor False Lash Effect and those both smudged terribly. I thought that there was nothing that could do the trick.

I then tried Blinc Mascara and sure, this mascara did not smudge and it "tubed" my lashes but it did NOTHING for my lashes - no volume or length.

Within this mascara are little black flecks that attach to your lashes every time you apply it. Thus, giving you both length and volume. This mascara IS expensive, but it is the only one that does NOT smudge, my biggest gripe. Being able to find a mascara that does not smudge with my oily lids that ALSO gives length AND volume -- don't know what more I could ask for.

on 4/18/2012 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Meh.....this is not a horrible mascara but it comes out a little clumpier than most and given the cost it's not fantastic. The brush is kind of cool and unique but it's nothing amazing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just bought this tonight after reading all the reviews. I am Caucasian, but I have short to normal length eyelashes that are pin straight and very hard to hold a curl. I figured I would give the Japanese mascara a try. I've used Fiberwig in the past and liked it, but wanted to try something new. So I got the Fairydrops. The brush is a little funky looking and gathers mascara in the grooves of it causing clumps. This mascara definitely adds length, but it clumps and makes my eyelashes look spider-ey :( I am super bummed! I was really excited to give this a try. Sadly, I will be returning this tomorrow and getting my trust old fiberwig!