FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

on 9/7/2018 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is my ride or die waterproof mascara. Finally a decent volume mascara that stays put whatever you throw at it. Its really black, it’s glossy, it volumises and lengthens to infinity and beyond. And it has caring ingredients to boot, there is nothing on my mascara wish list that this mascara doesn’t have. Well, maybe availability... I have to buy it online at Beauty Bay or Cult Beauty, which unfortunately enables me to purchase other expensive stuff there ;)...

on 11/25/2014 7:55:00 AM

I was upset when Sephora stopped carrying this product. I recently ordered from the Fairy Drop website, to my surprise, it came in the mail the next day! So happy to have my beloved mascara again. Seriously best mascara ever! I've tried them all and nothing compares.

I love the brush. It makes it so easy to apply. I have really long, fairly thick lashes so I can't say that I look for a mascara to give me drama. The thing I love about this mascara is that it doesn't flake or transfer on eyelids and that is remarkable because I have oily eyelids. Rich black glossy color too. Plus does not clump.

on 9/17/2014 9:07:00 PM

THIS is seriously the best mascara EVER. When I first bought it, I loved it, then would try something new and realize how horrible that was compared to fairy drops. Now I know to never stray from it ! It is the only mascara that has ever actually curled my lashes/held the curl. No smudging (although it flakes a bit... but thats way better IMO). I think its perfect for asian eyes or "short" eyes due to the curve being too small for caucasian people with giant eyes. highly recommended!!

on 5/26/2013 3:16:00 AM

I adore this mascara and was crushed to find out that Sephora stopped carrying it. First of all, yay cute packaging! The brush is super soft and applies very well without clumping up my lashes. It's hard to explain but i like the way the mascara shapes my eyelashes. It does lengthen and add volume but also somehow organizes my lashes into an attractive shape. I have Asian eyelashes and some of them just seem to grow down but after curling and using this mascara, they look awesome! After maybe 3 months, the formula got a little clumpy so I bought another one. Not a big deal since I replace my eye products fairly often due to germ-phobia. :) I do have to note that there are several different mascaras from Fairydrops and they are all different. I ordered the Platinum Film Type mascara online and it wasn't the same at all.

I love this mascara. One coat looks just lovely and 3 makes me look sufficiently slutty for a night out. Also, my eyelashes are tiny-ish & this makes them purdy purdy purdy.

on 8/21/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this mascara. It's one of the "tubing" mascaras, so it takes a little finesse to apply. This is the ONLY mascara I have found that lasts all day without smudging on me...and it rinses off with just warm water.

Only two drawbacks: it's expensive ($24 at Sephora), and it dries out quickly. I have been able to stretch mine out a little by adding visene to the tube, but it only gets me a few more wears.

Overall, a great mascara though.

on 7/18/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i loved this mascara. It worked great. I got it from a friend for my birthday. It gave my lashes a lot of volume without being clumpy or anything like that.

I'm on my 4th tube of this mascara. I wish I could use other regular non-tubing mascaras for for some reason they all seem to smudge on me. I use this mascara over Clinique lash primer and often another mascara (Buxom, Smashbox Hyperlash, fresh, etc) and I always get long, curly lashes at the end. It seems like a lot of mascara in the end, but I apply the primer and first mascara with a very light hand.

Fairydrops helps me "set" my mascara and prevents smudging. My mascara stays on all day and in hot and humid weather or after swimming, instead of running down my face, the mascara simply flakes or comes off in tubes--way better and easier to clean off than raccoon eyes.

I have no problem with the brush at all. When the tube of mascara hits the 2-3 month mark it gets clumpy/too fibery and doesn't work as well, but that's about the time you're supposed to get a new tube anyway. I think I use the brush incorrectly...instead of applying the mascara by having the brush curve towards my lashes, I do it the other way. It works for me, and seems to be better than the "correct" way.

I have also used this alone and get good results but prefer to use it over primer and another mascara. Yes it adds up, but for my difficult lashes, I'm very happy to have found something that works well for me, even if it means doing a few extra steps and using a couple of extra products.

on 10/7/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have short (but fairly thick) eyelashes that just won't hold a curl with normal mascaras. I am also very very picky about what I put on my lashes, because any sign of raccoon eyes or smudging and I return/toss the product. I love Fairydrops, my eyelashes have never looked prettier ;)

The Packaging: Normal mascara tube, not so normal wand. It looks like 3 balls put together in a curve. If you hold the wand so the curve faces down (like a frowny face) you can apply to your whole lashline in one or two strokes. My only complaint is that the wand gathers product at the tip, and you have to wipe it off lest you get excess mascara all over the place (I know you have to do this with other mascaras too, but it really is excessive for this one).

The Product: glossy and black, and never smudges or fades. The mascara lasts all day without smudging, and even better, holds a curl all day. My eyelashes are pretty and doll-like for 12-18 hours without fading (it might be longer, but I don't wear makeup while sleeping so I couldn't tell you). It lengthens dramatically and doesn't clump :)

The Price: Pricey, but you get what you pay for, no mistake. I've tried pricier who fall short and cheaper who never reach this level of quality.