FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am sooooo confused on why this has so many good reviews. I was so excited to order this, I got it express shipped from Amazon and paid 30 bucks total. It is by far the worst mascara I've ever used. It is too wet and it doesn't hold a curl whatsoever (I tried curling before and after). I even got the waterproof version bc I know those usually hold a curl better... but not in this case. No length and you need at least four coats to get any volume. Is there a trick to this that I just don't know about?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just bought this tonight after reading all the reviews. I am Caucasian, but I have short to normal length eyelashes that are pin straight and very hard to hold a curl. I figured I would give the Japanese mascara a try. I've used Fiberwig in the past and liked it, but wanted to try something new. So I got the Fairydrops. The brush is a little funky looking and gathers mascara in the grooves of it causing clumps. This mascara definitely adds length, but it clumps and makes my eyelashes look spider-ey :( I am super bummed! I was really excited to give this a try. Sadly, I will be returning this tomorrow and getting my trust old fiberwig!

on 11/9/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this mascara in a sample size in the Sephora favorites mascara sampler. I was really excited given all the hype about how popular it is in Japan, plus I have the type of lashes they describe (long, straight, hard to hold a curl). However I was disappointed. If I didn't wipe the brush I got clumps of mascara and if I did wipe the brush I didn't get enough. I guess it would be a good mascara if you're looking for something that provides a very natural effect, but I was expecting more from this one and you could find drugstore brands that will give the same look. I will say it did a decent job of holding a curl, but that's not enough for me to consider buying the full size.

I initially like this mascara. I got great length and volume. But after a few weeks... My eyelashes started to fall out... Every time I would touch my lashes 2-3 lashes would fall... The mascara made my lashes rock hard which I think made them keep their curl , but because it made my lashes hard ... It them fragile... So I took off one lippie for the price 28$can and Another for making my lashes fragile

on 10/12/2012 4:30:00 PM

I had high hopes for this mascara, due to the claim of being long wearing, smudge-proof, and voluminous. I like fiber mascaras for their lengthening properties. I did not think that this mascara held up to that claim.

The price is around $24 dollars or so, I have purchased at Sephora and also the FairyDrops Platinum version via eBay. The tube itself is fat and metallic. The brush is large and curved, with three "balls" attached to one another. They call it the "teddy bear" brush, although I see no resemblance to a cute teddy bear whatsoever. On first glance, its hard to envision how the strange fluff balls would coat lashes evenly.

It is technique sensitive, as you really have to try out different angles to have it coat individual lashes well. I've found that you are supposed to hold it where the brush looks like a "U" and brush through your lashes. It does thicken up over time, so the brush gets gloopy with product. Wiping it with a tissue is such a waste of product, so I usually had to wipe the side of the tube to salvage what I could.

The coverage itself is decent, and it does lengthen with a few coats, but for me it doesn't hold a curl well. It tends to straighten mine out. Also, I am wearing a mask and goggles all day at work, (your friendly dental hygienist) and this does give me black shadows under my eyes. I also use eye drops frequently and this does make it flake as well. I also had a problem with the fluff balls depositing mascara on my eyelid.

I like the idea that they are trying to be innovative with the brush, but the formula is not up to par with the claims. At least for me anyway. It might work better under "normal" circumstances- like gals who have long eyelashes that are naturally curled, and for those who do not have their faces covered up all day long. Lol.

Just to be sure, I have tried the US version, and the Asia version, and did not have that great of results. For the price, I don't think I will repurchase again.

on 3/19/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

gave me lots of length, however I am an Asian chick that has naturally straight lashes. this mascara DID NOT help me keep a curl. my lashes all came down straight even though I gave them a good curl already. returned and got the Lancôme hypnose drama mascara, and am in love with it :)

on 2/1/2018 1:15:00 AM

Good waterproof mascara that separates lashes and holds curl. It also lasted a long time before it started to dry out. I probably won’t repurchase because it’s too hard to find.

on 4/19/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Summary: One of my favorite brands of mascara is Fairy Drops, so it's no surprise that when Fairy Drops released a mascara in the U.S. I would be buying it. The formula of this mascara is so different than the general formula they use on their Japanese mascaras. It's much heavier because it's aimed to appeal to a much different market (catering to those with different styles of lashes. Many East Asian lashes are short, sparse, and naturally angle downwards, so mascaras sold in countries like Japan, South Korea, etc. typically have dryer formulas in comparison to those sold in North America and Western Europe). At first I was disappointed because this difference in formula weighed down my lashes, giving an immediate loss of curl. But I quickly learned that this would simply not be a base mascara, and used it as a layering one instead. As a layering mascara, this gives the best volume I have ever used in any other mascara.

Pros: Amazing Volume

Cons: juvenile design (in my opinion of course), non synthetic brush so it eventually lost its shape

Overall Verdict: I recommend this product to anyone who wants lots and lots of volume. It's able to provide that benefit without clumping which is really great. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 1/4/2013 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

One of my favorite mascaras. It curls your lashes in a beautiful way. It gives me both volume and length, and my lashes look really bold after just two coats. My only complain is that it seems to flake after a few hours. Wish they could improve their formula.

on 10/22/2012 2:15:00 AM

I'm pretty sure I did what 90% of the people did and bought it for the cute packaging :) Surprisingly i liked the fibre mascara. It lengthened and volumized my lashes. Didn't flake or smudge and lasted all day. I can see why people wouldn't like the wetness of the product, but if you apply it carefully it really wasn't a big deal. I took off a lippy because it was super expensive (I purchased mine for 28.00can) and i am still on the hunt for the perfect drugstore mascara; I guess you could call this purchase a moment of weakness...