FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

on 12/7/2018 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I really liked this mascara, but it was basically identical to Heroine Kiss's performance (one of my HG's, for the record) for a higher price ($18 USD).

This mascara has a typical Japanese formulation - fiber based, sebum-proof, and holds a curl like no tomorrow. That's my favorite type of mascara as I have normal length, low volume Asian eyelashes that refuse to hold a curl if the formula is not waterproof. It needs an oil based remover to be taken off properly.

I think the packaging is gorgeous. It's metallic pink with white outlines of roses. The wand is a little tricky to navigate but with some care anyone with my kind of eyelashes should be able to achieve curled, prominent lashes. As a caveat I always use an eyelash curler before application. I'm a one-coat kinda gal, and I don't think this is exactly the kind of mascara that would layer very nicely if I was being honest. Fiber mascaras don't work like that.

After three months this mascara will start flaking off. I wouldn't purchase again because I enjoy the hunt for different mascaras, but if someone gifted me this I would definitely use it again.

on 9/7/2018 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is my ride or die waterproof mascara. Finally a decent volume mascara that stays put whatever you throw at it. Its really black, it’s glossy, it volumises and lengthens to infinity and beyond. And it has caring ingredients to boot, there is nothing on my mascara wish list that this mascara doesn’t have. Well, maybe availability... I have to buy it online at Beauty Bay or Cult Beauty, which unfortunately enables me to purchase other expensive stuff there ;)...

on 3/7/2018 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is dope. I have long eyelashes but fairly sparse and straight, this mascara adds length and gives them a great curl. Its nice and black, relatively volumizing and gives great coverage without clumping my lashes together. The first time i used it i was really impressed, it does everything it claims to do on the packaging. Ive already decided i will stock up on more tubes while i am visiting hong kong. At 120hkd/$19 aud the pricing is standard and for the quality of the product i think its great value.
I love also that it is a tubing mascara as it is so much easier to completely remove! Taking off normal mascara is a pain in the butt and i find it never fully comes off, tubing mascaras are the way forward!

on 2/1/2018 1:15:00 AM

Good waterproof mascara that separates lashes and holds curl. It also lasted a long time before it started to dry out. I probably won’t repurchase because it’s too hard to find.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am sooooo confused on why this has so many good reviews. I was so excited to order this, I got it express shipped from Amazon and paid 30 bucks total. It is by far the worst mascara I've ever used. It is too wet and it doesn't hold a curl whatsoever (I tried curling before and after). I even got the waterproof version bc I know those usually hold a curl better... but not in this case. No length and you need at least four coats to get any volume. Is there a trick to this that I just don't know about?

on 9/16/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

BEST MASCARA EVER!
I use the waterproof version and I promise you it does not move one bit. I can rub my eyes and it will be still be intact. Even gone for a run with it on. Only problem with this is that you have to use a good eye makeup remover to get it off.
It holds a curl pretty well but I have stubbornly straight lashes so they start to fall throughout the day but this still holds them better than any other mascara I've tried.

on 11/25/2014 7:55:00 AM

I was upset when Sephora stopped carrying this product. I recently ordered from the Fairy Drop website, to my surprise, it came in the mail the next day! So happy to have my beloved mascara again. Seriously best mascara ever! I've tried them all and nothing compares.

on 11/9/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I loved this mascara, but I don't know where to buy it now that Sephora no longer carries it. Understand that I am rarely satisfied with a mascara, but Scandel Queen is as close to perfect I've ever experienced. It is jet black, provides crazy curling volume that stays all day, lengthens, and comes off easily with soap and water. I believe the secret is the crazy three bump brush plus the formula that keeps lashes just stiff enough to hold curl. This stuff is amazing!

I love the brush. It makes it so easy to apply. I have really long, fairly thick lashes so I can't say that I look for a mascara to give me drama. The thing I love about this mascara is that it doesn't flake or transfer on eyelids and that is remarkable because I have oily eyelids. Rich black glossy color too. Plus does not clump.

on 9/17/2014 9:07:00 PM

THIS is seriously the best mascara EVER. When I first bought it, I loved it, then would try something new and realize how horrible that was compared to fairy drops. Now I know to never stray from it ! It is the only mascara that has ever actually curled my lashes/held the curl. No smudging (although it flakes a bit... but thats way better IMO). I think its perfect for asian eyes or "short" eyes due to the curve being too small for caucasian people with giant eyes. highly recommended!!