FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

3.9

on 5/25/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara so much. I look for volume and thickening in mascaras, and this one delivers fabulously on both. It's a fiber mascara, very dark black, and waterproof. The brush is kind of weird and curvy, I don't think the bulbs do anything in particular but it works.
The stopper in the bottle doesn't quite remove all of the gunk on the wand, so you'll want to scrape it off a bit before you apply to avoid clumps. I still use a lash comb afterward because I like separation, and the fibers take some finagling to get just right. So, application takes a bit more effort than usual, but I think it's worth it.
This is my go-to going out, bold, femme fatale mascara. It doesn't flake, fade, or smudge on me. I actually like the flashy packaging, it's distinctive and there's nothing else like it in my mascara bin. It's on the expensive side but for me it's completely worth it, I'd absolutely recommend this and buy it again myself.

on 11/18/2012 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was SO excited to try this mascara because of all the hype. I thought the brush was so cool and I thought it would give me super full lashes. Nope. It looked really weird on me- my lashes clumped together so badly it looked like I only had about 5 lashes on each eye. Just....strange. Tried it several different ways and I got this result every time. Sadly I returned it to Sephora.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

i LOVE this mascara. I have pretty thin lashes that are naturally straight but are capable of holding a curl. since i have oily skin, smudging has always been a problem for me when it comes to mascara. i usually just deal with the smudging, though, just because i CAN'T stand waterproof mascara. i don't have enough lashes as it is, and i'm not a fan of having a bunch of them get pulled out when i'm trying to remove my mascara. fairydrops scandal queen comes off really easily with some warm water, but doesn't smudge at all. it also gives a lot of volume without looking clumpy, and it lengthens as well. it's my all time favorite mascara, but i can't call it my HG because of the price. i can't afford to spend $24 every time i need a new mascara, so i probably get a tube of fairydrops every other time i need a new mascara. other than the price though, i LOVE it.

on 7/18/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i loved this mascara. It worked great. I got it from a friend for my birthday. It gave my lashes a lot of volume without being clumpy or anything like that.

on 7/18/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

STAY AWAY from this product if you've got straight, downward-pointing, long, asian lashes. I curl my lashes and have been using Lancome Hypnose waterproof for years and wanted to try something different that was still waterproof to hold the curl, long-lasting, and lengthening. The ladies at Sephora recommended Fairydrops Scandal Queen, saying that it's all the rave in Japan. After reading some reviews online I decided to take the plunge.

I really wanted to love this but the mascara completely took the curl out of my lashes. On the first day of wear, I looked in the mirror midday at work to find little black flakes/fibers all over my face. Not cool. I would say that you may like this if you've got naturally upwards-curled lashes that need lengthening because the fibers do lengthen a bit, but this is NOT the mascara for you if you are relying on one to hold up a curl throughout the day. Super disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to wait until I've used this mascara for at least a month before doing a review simply because I HATE it when the mascara performance goes down after only a few weeks.

Just a short background. Three months ago, I finally got my lash extensions removed after wearing them for a year. Sadly, I was left with short stumpy lashes. For the next four weeks, I babied my lashes, conditioning them, not wearing mascara or curling them at all. Finally, they were at a decent length and volume, though still shorter and thinner than my pre-lash extension days. At that point I decided to get a lash perm because using a lash curler would always pull my lashes. And this is where the Fairydrops mascara comes in...

I got it at Sephora because my sister strongly recommended it especially given my situation. And I'm so glad I got it because it gave me full, long and very dramatic lashes! I was so amazed. I can't really comment on how it holds a curl because of my lashes are permed but this mascara really gave me some serious length and volume.

I didn't get any clumps at all the first two weeks I got it but at the third week, it started to get just a little bit thicker and I do get small clumps. But nothing a lash comb can't handle. It's been five weeks now since I got the mascara and do far it's not drying out yet. My lashes have now gone back to its normal length and volume so when I wear this mascara now, it's even more dramatic. So dramatic that my husband actually asked me if I went back to lash extensions! (YAY!!!) Even my friend asked me the same when I saw her.

I bought this for $24 which is pretty expensive for a mascara. So I'm really hoping it doesn't dry out for quite a while. I apply it simply by doing a careful swipe twice. Sometimes I wiggle the wand if I want more volume. Removal is a little cumbersome. I use makeup remover then my oil cleanser to remove. If this tube doesn't dry out for a while, then I would definitely repurchase.

on 10/7/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have short (but fairly thick) eyelashes that just won't hold a curl with normal mascaras. I am also very very picky about what I put on my lashes, because any sign of raccoon eyes or smudging and I return/toss the product. I love Fairydrops, my eyelashes have never looked prettier ;)

The Packaging: Normal mascara tube, not so normal wand. It looks like 3 balls put together in a curve. If you hold the wand so the curve faces down (like a frowny face) you can apply to your whole lashline in one or two strokes. My only complaint is that the wand gathers product at the tip, and you have to wipe it off lest you get excess mascara all over the place (I know you have to do this with other mascaras too, but it really is excessive for this one).

The Product: glossy and black, and never smudges or fades. The mascara lasts all day without smudging, and even better, holds a curl all day. My eyelashes are pretty and doll-like for 12-18 hours without fading (it might be longer, but I don't wear makeup while sleeping so I couldn't tell you). It lengthens dramatically and doesn't clump :)

The Price: Pricey, but you get what you pay for, no mistake. I've tried pricier who fall short and cheaper who never reach this level of quality.