FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

on 8/7/2013 10:45:00 PM

I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much. I found this mascara did deliver on making my lashes look longer and thicker; however, the consistency was thick. The heavy consistency built up around the brush (look at the sample picture and imagine the bit on the top not so slowly building each use despite all efforts to annihilate the excess). The consistency inhibited the brush from having the impact it should have. The brush and mascara formulation were a bad combination which resulted in having to apply the mascara over and over to get an even coat. The color was also not as dark as it could have been. Rename it Clump Queen.

I would not buy this particular mascara again but I would try other mascaras by FairyDrops.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this mascara when sephora was still carrying it. At first look, the packaging is definitely adorable. The gold with red accents makes it stand out and super easy to find in a makeup bag. The wand is curved with 3 lumps on the end. The lumps make it harder for the stopper to really take off the excess product on the wand when you pull it out. But I don't need to redip my brush in the tube for more product. The mascara itself it very nice. You can see the fibers in the formula; that stuff coats your lashes and gives you length and volume. Its a tubing mascara meaning the formula coats your lashes and creates a tube like structure on your lashes making them look the way they do, darker, longer, and more voluminous. It also means that it doesn't smudge or give you panda bear eyes. I've never had any issues with it smudging or flaking. Sometimes when I do minimal makeup, I forget I have mascara on and I'll rub my eyes and the mascara will still be intact and not smudged. It also means that it comes off easily with warm water in the shower just in case you forget to remove your mascara before you hop in. But do be gentle when you rub the mascara off the eyelashes or else your eyelashes might fall off with it. In the end, I really like the mascara even if its a bit more expensive than what I would like to spend on it. I've seen the other versions of this mascara at a japanese store I'm planning on trying those before I repurchase this. But I will definitely repurchase this if I do not find a better or cheaper mascara that I like. Sucks that sephora doesn't carry it anymore.

on 11/30/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this mostly because of all the hype, and the fact that it's Japanese. I'm a sucker for any Asian thing I can get my hands on in Canada. The packaging might have had something to do with it too... Anyway, It's a good product, I suppose. Practically impossible to apply without making a mess, it really takes practice. And I find it clumps my lashes together a bit. And VERY expensive! Otherwise it is a decent product, though I won't repurchase.

on 10/22/2012 2:15:00 AM

I'm pretty sure I did what 90% of the people did and bought it for the cute packaging :) Surprisingly i liked the fibre mascara. It lengthened and volumized my lashes. Didn't flake or smudge and lasted all day. I can see why people wouldn't like the wetness of the product, but if you apply it carefully it really wasn't a big deal. I took off a lippy because it was super expensive (I purchased mine for 28.00can) and i am still on the hunt for the perfect drugstore mascara; I guess you could call this purchase a moment of weakness...

on 7/17/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have short, straight, and generally uncooperative lashes, and this mascara reaaaally lengthens without clumping(think dolly), as well as volumnizes! The tube is gold and classy in my opinion, and the brush is definitely innovative, though by itself it doens't seem to do much besides look cool. I like the waterproofness of it as i tested it out by going for a swim with it on. Smudged a little bit, but much better than my loreal volumnous million lashes waterproof, which went all over the place. The only 2 downsides i can think of are that it doesn't hold curl(or at least my curl) very well, and the price tag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

best curling mascara I've ever used. Great for night, but too much for day. My lashes get so long with this that I actually have to touch up my makeup under my eyebrows. The only problem is that it can get clumpy, so only use 1 coat-2 at the most. You do have to use an oil based cleanser to take it off, but that says how great the product is. If you are addicted to your falsies, just use the individuals for extreme sexy lashes. The full lash would lok very fake in a BAD KK kind of way. I know it's harsd to imagine bad KK lashes, but herlashes to look really fake up close, and no one want that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I also have Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara. The Sephora salespeople sold it to me as a more dramatic alternative to Blinc, which I've been using to avoid summertime raccoon eye. I am meh on the brush, but the formula gives me the effect I want: dark, dramatic eyelashes that wear all day with no smudge. It does dry very hard, so flakes can be a problem if you're an eye-toucher. Also, the formula is very thick and if you apply with a heavy hand There Will Be Clumps. I assume it's because of the fibers. I guess it's a fine line--too thick and it goes on clumpy, too smooth and it doesn't give enough volume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! You can make your lashes natural and pettable, or long and dramatic! The packaging is incredible and I love how the bristles are not plastic like most mascaras are today. Everyone should by this :)