FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

4.1

on 4/18/2012 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Meh.....this is not a horrible mascara but it comes out a little clumpier than most and given the cost it's not fantastic. The brush is kind of cool and unique but it's nothing amazing.

on 11/9/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this mascara in a sample size in the Sephora favorites mascara sampler. I was really excited given all the hype about how popular it is in Japan, plus I have the type of lashes they describe (long, straight, hard to hold a curl). However I was disappointed. If I didn't wipe the brush I got clumps of mascara and if I did wipe the brush I didn't get enough. I guess it would be a good mascara if you're looking for something that provides a very natural effect, but I was expecting more from this one and you could find drugstore brands that will give the same look. I will say it did a decent job of holding a curl, but that's not enough for me to consider buying the full size.

on 5/31/2013 11:45:00 AM

For $24, I expect WOW from a mascara. Sadly, this didn't give me WOW.

I purchased on Amazon. Love the gorgeous tube and the slightly wet formula which does apply so very smoothly. The funky brush is OK. The glossy black color is nice.

This gives me very good length, OK volume (again, I wanted WOW). But what I truly hate is the internal thing that is supposed to scrape off excess product upon withdrawing the brush = USELESS! It doesn't scrape any extra off = I have to be VERY careful w/ application or its clump city (Fairdrops could take a lesson from L'Oreal Voluminous and Revlon Grow Luscious Lash potion).

I initially like this mascara. I got great length and volume. But after a few weeks... My eyelashes started to fall out... Every time I would touch my lashes 2-3 lashes would fall... The mascara made my lashes rock hard which I think made them keep their curl , but because it made my lashes hard ... It them fragile... So I took off one lippie for the price 28$can and Another for making my lashes fragile

on 10/12/2012 4:30:00 PM

I had high hopes for this mascara, due to the claim of being long wearing, smudge-proof, and voluminous. I like fiber mascaras for their lengthening properties. I did not think that this mascara held up to that claim.

The price is around $24 dollars or so, I have purchased at Sephora and also the FairyDrops Platinum version via eBay. The tube itself is fat and metallic. The brush is large and curved, with three "balls" attached to one another. They call it the "teddy bear" brush, although I see no resemblance to a cute teddy bear whatsoever. On first glance, its hard to envision how the strange fluff balls would coat lashes evenly.

It is technique sensitive, as you really have to try out different angles to have it coat individual lashes well. I've found that you are supposed to hold it where the brush looks like a "U" and brush through your lashes. It does thicken up over time, so the brush gets gloopy with product. Wiping it with a tissue is such a waste of product, so I usually had to wipe the side of the tube to salvage what I could.

The coverage itself is decent, and it does lengthen with a few coats, but for me it doesn't hold a curl well. It tends to straighten mine out. Also, I am wearing a mask and goggles all day at work, (your friendly dental hygienist) and this does give me black shadows under my eyes. I also use eye drops frequently and this does make it flake as well. I also had a problem with the fluff balls depositing mascara on my eyelid.

I like the idea that they are trying to be innovative with the brush, but the formula is not up to par with the claims. At least for me anyway. It might work better under "normal" circumstances- like gals who have long eyelashes that are naturally curled, and for those who do not have their faces covered up all day long. Lol.

Just to be sure, I have tried the US version, and the Asia version, and did not have that great of results. For the price, I don't think I will repurchase again.

I got this mascara with my Sephora Lash Stash and I fell in love. This mascara has fibers in it which makes the lashes longer and fuller without clumps. It is water resistant which is something it doesn't always advertise but I think it is an important quality that the consumer should be aware of. I wore this mascara sometimes during swim team and it never smudge or gave me "raccoon eyes". I let my friend use this mascara and she's hooked on it too. Probably my favorite water proof/resistant mascara.

I got this at a sephora counter after hearing all the raves. Here's my thoughts:
Note: i have short straight asian lashes...

PRO:
- long lasting
- doesn't flake
- doesn't transfer to my oily lids (even without primer or powder) and doesn't make me a racoon
- it's easy to take off. Just use hot water
- it's lenghtening

CON:
- it is pretty pricey
- it doesn't hold up the curls as much (though it makes it look really natural)

I would definitely recommend this. It's the only one that doesn't make me a racoon after few hours of wear (and i've tried my share of waterproof and water resistant mascaras).

This mascara does exactly what I need it do to: curl. I already have a lot of long lashes but they are stick straight. I hate using eyelash curlers but it's the only thing that worked, until I bought this!
It was recommended to me by the salesperson at Sephora and I am very glad I shelled out the $20something for this.
word of advice though, you will need to wipe off excess before you start applying it. Since the brush is curved, lots of product get left on the brush. If you don't wipe it off with a tissue, you will have some funky looking lashes...
other than that, this mascara is a miracle. I no longer have to use an eyelash curler! It is also very versatile. If you want curl, run the brush up on the underside of the lashes. If you want volume, run the brush down on the topside of the lashes. Or do both!
Only downside to this beauty is that it is only water resistant, not water proof. There is now a waterproof version available but I haven't seen it in Sephora yet...

on 10/24/2011 8:30:00 PM

I feel like $24 is a bit too much to spend on mascara but I REALLY wanted to try out this product so I gave in and purchased it at Sephora. It didn't help that the packaging was so cute! This mascara, when used correctly, seriously added some dramatic length to my lashes and it definitely held a curl all day. It also didn't smudge at all during the 18 hrs that I wore it! A bonus is that it's super easy to remove which is a must for me! The only thing some of you may not like is that it really doesn't do anything as far as volumizing your lashes go. On days that I want length, I find myself reaching for this. When I want volume, I end up going with another mascara.

Overall, I think this mascara does it's job and is a decent product but because it's so expensive I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.

on 9/16/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

BEST MASCARA EVER!
I use the waterproof version and I promise you it does not move one bit. I can rub my eyes and it will be still be intact. Even gone for a run with it on. Only problem with this is that you have to use a good eye makeup remover to get it off.
It holds a curl pretty well but I have stubbornly straight lashes so they start to fall throughout the day but this still holds them better than any other mascara I've tried.