FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am sooooo confused on why this has so many good reviews. I was so excited to order this, I got it express shipped from Amazon and paid 30 bucks total. It is by far the worst mascara I've ever used. It is too wet and it doesn't hold a curl whatsoever (I tried curling before and after). I even got the waterproof version bc I know those usually hold a curl better... but not in this case. No length and you need at least four coats to get any volume. Is there a trick to this that I just don't know about?

on 11/18/2012 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was SO excited to try this mascara because of all the hype. I thought the brush was so cool and I thought it would give me super full lashes. Nope. It looked really weird on me- my lashes clumped together so badly it looked like I only had about 5 lashes on each eye. Just....strange. Tried it several different ways and I got this result every time. Sadly I returned it to Sephora.

on 7/18/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

STAY AWAY from this product if you've got straight, downward-pointing, long, asian lashes. I curl my lashes and have been using Lancome Hypnose waterproof for years and wanted to try something different that was still waterproof to hold the curl, long-lasting, and lengthening. The ladies at Sephora recommended Fairydrops Scandal Queen, saying that it's all the rave in Japan. After reading some reviews online I decided to take the plunge.

I really wanted to love this but the mascara completely took the curl out of my lashes. On the first day of wear, I looked in the mirror midday at work to find little black flakes/fibers all over my face. Not cool. I would say that you may like this if you've got naturally upwards-curled lashes that need lengthening because the fibers do lengthen a bit, but this is NOT the mascara for you if you are relying on one to hold up a curl throughout the day. Super disappointed.

on 4/18/2012 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Meh.....this is not a horrible mascara but it comes out a little clumpier than most and given the cost it's not fantastic. The brush is kind of cool and unique but it's nothing amazing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just bought this tonight after reading all the reviews. I am Caucasian, but I have short to normal length eyelashes that are pin straight and very hard to hold a curl. I figured I would give the Japanese mascara a try. I've used Fiberwig in the past and liked it, but wanted to try something new. So I got the Fairydrops. The brush is a little funky looking and gathers mascara in the grooves of it causing clumps. This mascara definitely adds length, but it clumps and makes my eyelashes look spider-ey :( I am super bummed! I was really excited to give this a try. Sadly, I will be returning this tomorrow and getting my trust old fiberwig!

on 11/9/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this mascara in a sample size in the Sephora favorites mascara sampler. I was really excited given all the hype about how popular it is in Japan, plus I have the type of lashes they describe (long, straight, hard to hold a curl). However I was disappointed. If I didn't wipe the brush I got clumps of mascara and if I did wipe the brush I didn't get enough. I guess it would be a good mascara if you're looking for something that provides a very natural effect, but I was expecting more from this one and you could find drugstore brands that will give the same look. I will say it did a decent job of holding a curl, but that's not enough for me to consider buying the full size.

on 8/7/2013 10:45:00 PM

I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much. I found this mascara did deliver on making my lashes look longer and thicker; however, the consistency was thick. The heavy consistency built up around the brush (look at the sample picture and imagine the bit on the top not so slowly building each use despite all efforts to annihilate the excess). The consistency inhibited the brush from having the impact it should have. The brush and mascara formulation were a bad combination which resulted in having to apply the mascara over and over to get an even coat. The color was also not as dark as it could have been. Rename it Clump Queen.

I would not buy this particular mascara again but I would try other mascaras by FairyDrops.

on 5/31/2013 11:45:00 AM

For $24, I expect WOW from a mascara. Sadly, this didn't give me WOW.

I purchased on Amazon. Love the gorgeous tube and the slightly wet formula which does apply so very smoothly. The funky brush is OK. The glossy black color is nice.

This gives me very good length, OK volume (again, I wanted WOW). But what I truly hate is the internal thing that is supposed to scrape off excess product upon withdrawing the brush = USELESS! It doesn't scrape any extra off = I have to be VERY careful w/ application or its clump city (Fairdrops could take a lesson from L'Oreal Voluminous and Revlon Grow Luscious Lash potion).

I initially like this mascara. I got great length and volume. But after a few weeks... My eyelashes started to fall out... Every time I would touch my lashes 2-3 lashes would fall... The mascara made my lashes rock hard which I think made them keep their curl , but because it made my lashes hard ... It them fragile... So I took off one lippie for the price 28$can and Another for making my lashes fragile

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first Japanese mascara I've ever used and it makes me want to try more. Why? Because it's truly waterproof. I live in an area where it's hot and humid most of the year and this stuff doesn't flake or smear. It's also very easy to remove at the end of the day. I will give it a lot of credit for staying power but it doesn't give my lashes the boost it needs. I have the typical short and thin Asian lashes and this just provides a bit of lengthening. It does nothing at all for volumizing. It helps hold a curl a bit but not much. I won't rebuy this especially not at the high price but I still recommend it for people who may already have long and thick lashes but just want something smear resistant.