FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

on 8/2/2011 2:16:00 AM

I have the Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara, it's the one currently selling at Sephora. I bought it on a whim, and the brush intrigued me. The mascara was clumped all over the brush on the tester, and I found this to be the same case for my tube - nothing like the picture on sephora.com. I have to wipe the excess mascara off carefully before applying. I don't wipe it off with a tissue - at 24 bucks a tube I wipe it carefully back into the tube lol.
Ok so the brush is REALLY cool - it gets even the tiniest lashes and is super-easy to use without getting mascara all over your face. My lashes are pretty puny and this mascara makes them long and lush, and the formula dries quickly. The thing that makes it even better than Diorshow is that it is water resistant, so unlike Diorshow I do not have raccoon-eyes at the end of the day even in humid conditions. I do curl my lashes for a few seconds before applying and the curl lasts all day. The more I wear this mascara the more I like it. I find the price to be horribly expensive but it works so well I will likely suck it up and buy again - although once this one is dried out I am going to try the brush with my old favorite Maybelline Full and Soft and see how they compare.
The formula deserves 5 lippies, but I took one lippie off for the way it clumps on the brush and also the price gouging. If you love mascara it is certainly worth a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I also have Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara. The Sephora salespeople sold it to me as a more dramatic alternative to Blinc, which I've been using to avoid summertime raccoon eye. I am meh on the brush, but the formula gives me the effect I want: dark, dramatic eyelashes that wear all day with no smudge. It does dry very hard, so flakes can be a problem if you're an eye-toucher. Also, the formula is very thick and if you apply with a heavy hand There Will Be Clumps. I assume it's because of the fibers. I guess it's a fine line--too thick and it goes on clumpy, too smooth and it doesn't give enough volume.

on 10/7/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have short (but fairly thick) eyelashes that just won't hold a curl with normal mascaras. I am also very very picky about what I put on my lashes, because any sign of raccoon eyes or smudging and I return/toss the product. I love Fairydrops, my eyelashes have never looked prettier ;)

The Packaging: Normal mascara tube, not so normal wand. It looks like 3 balls put together in a curve. If you hold the wand so the curve faces down (like a frowny face) you can apply to your whole lashline in one or two strokes. My only complaint is that the wand gathers product at the tip, and you have to wipe it off lest you get excess mascara all over the place (I know you have to do this with other mascaras too, but it really is excessive for this one).

The Product: glossy and black, and never smudges or fades. The mascara lasts all day without smudging, and even better, holds a curl all day. My eyelashes are pretty and doll-like for 12-18 hours without fading (it might be longer, but I don't wear makeup while sleeping so I couldn't tell you). It lengthens dramatically and doesn't clump :)

The Price: Pricey, but you get what you pay for, no mistake. I've tried pricier who fall short and cheaper who never reach this level of quality.

on 10/24/2011 8:30:00 PM

I feel like $24 is a bit too much to spend on mascara but I REALLY wanted to try out this product so I gave in and purchased it at Sephora. It didn't help that the packaging was so cute! This mascara, when used correctly, seriously added some dramatic length to my lashes and it definitely held a curl all day. It also didn't smudge at all during the 18 hrs that I wore it! A bonus is that it's super easy to remove which is a must for me! The only thing some of you may not like is that it really doesn't do anything as far as volumizing your lashes go. On days that I want length, I find myself reaching for this. When I want volume, I end up going with another mascara.

Overall, I think this mascara does it's job and is a decent product but because it's so expensive I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.

on 11/9/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this mascara in a sample size in the Sephora favorites mascara sampler. I was really excited given all the hype about how popular it is in Japan, plus I have the type of lashes they describe (long, straight, hard to hold a curl). However I was disappointed. If I didn't wipe the brush I got clumps of mascara and if I did wipe the brush I didn't get enough. I guess it would be a good mascara if you're looking for something that provides a very natural effect, but I was expecting more from this one and you could find drugstore brands that will give the same look. I will say it did a decent job of holding a curl, but that's not enough for me to consider buying the full size.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just bought this tonight after reading all the reviews. I am Caucasian, but I have short to normal length eyelashes that are pin straight and very hard to hold a curl. I figured I would give the Japanese mascara a try. I've used Fiberwig in the past and liked it, but wanted to try something new. So I got the Fairydrops. The brush is a little funky looking and gathers mascara in the grooves of it causing clumps. This mascara definitely adds length, but it clumps and makes my eyelashes look spider-ey :( I am super bummed! I was really excited to give this a try. Sadly, I will be returning this tomorrow and getting my trust old fiberwig!

This mascara does exactly what I need it do to: curl. I already have a lot of long lashes but they are stick straight. I hate using eyelash curlers but it's the only thing that worked, until I bought this!
It was recommended to me by the salesperson at Sephora and I am very glad I shelled out the $20something for this.
word of advice though, you will need to wipe off excess before you start applying it. Since the brush is curved, lots of product get left on the brush. If you don't wipe it off with a tissue, you will have some funky looking lashes...
other than that, this mascara is a miracle. I no longer have to use an eyelash curler! It is also very versatile. If you want curl, run the brush up on the underside of the lashes. If you want volume, run the brush down on the topside of the lashes. Or do both!
Only downside to this beauty is that it is only water resistant, not water proof. There is now a waterproof version available but I haven't seen it in Sephora yet...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

great at giving me length! i'm amazed at how long my lashes look.
can clump a bit if put too many coats (>3).
not the best at giving me volume.
maybe it's because of the fibers but i find it hard to take off, i had to pull the fibers off my lashes.
adorable packaging =)
i got it from the sephora sampler, and would never pay full price for any high-end mascara

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my first high-end mascara and I was pleasantly surprised. I have Asian lashes and my monolids weigh them down. It gave me length and thickened quite a bit. The packaging is beautiful! I might rebuy this but if I find a better one I may abandon this one.

on 3/3/2012 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've tried countless mascaras and this is officially my holy grail. Unlike other fiber mascaras I've tried it doesn't flake throughout the day or give you weird, thin, spindly looking lashes. This actually volumizes as well giving an amazing almost false lash effect.The best part about it is that it is water resistent and not water proof. It doesn't smudge on me at ALL during the day (even when i wear it on my bottom lashes) and keeps my lashes set in place, but comes off SO easy when I wash my face at night so I don't have to tug at my eyes at all. I've actually fallen asleep in it (bad, I know) and it still looked great the next day/no smudges. The tube doesn't dry out as quickly as other mascaras I've used in the past, either, and is seriously adorable. I'm on my 4th tube since this was first launched at Sephora.