FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

4.3

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

i LOVE this mascara. I have pretty thin lashes that are naturally straight but are capable of holding a curl. since i have oily skin, smudging has always been a problem for me when it comes to mascara. i usually just deal with the smudging, though, just because i CAN'T stand waterproof mascara. i don't have enough lashes as it is, and i'm not a fan of having a bunch of them get pulled out when i'm trying to remove my mascara. fairydrops scandal queen comes off really easily with some warm water, but doesn't smudge at all. it also gives a lot of volume without looking clumpy, and it lengthens as well. it's my all time favorite mascara, but i can't call it my HG because of the price. i can't afford to spend $24 every time i need a new mascara, so i probably get a tube of fairydrops every other time i need a new mascara. other than the price though, i LOVE it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! You can make your lashes natural and pettable, or long and dramatic! The packaging is incredible and I love how the bristles are not plastic like most mascaras are today. Everyone should by this :)

on 4/19/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Summary: One of my favorite brands of mascara is Fairy Drops, so it's no surprise that when Fairy Drops released a mascara in the U.S. I would be buying it. The formula of this mascara is so different than the general formula they use on their Japanese mascaras. It's much heavier because it's aimed to appeal to a much different market (catering to those with different styles of lashes. Many East Asian lashes are short, sparse, and naturally angle downwards, so mascaras sold in countries like Japan, South Korea, etc. typically have dryer formulas in comparison to those sold in North America and Western Europe). At first I was disappointed because this difference in formula weighed down my lashes, giving an immediate loss of curl. But I quickly learned that this would simply not be a base mascara, and used it as a layering one instead. As a layering mascara, this gives the best volume I have ever used in any other mascara.

Pros: Amazing Volume

Cons: juvenile design (in my opinion of course), non synthetic brush so it eventually lost its shape

Overall Verdict: I recommend this product to anyone who wants lots and lots of volume. It's able to provide that benefit without clumping which is really great. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 11/30/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this mostly because of all the hype, and the fact that it's Japanese. I'm a sucker for any Asian thing I can get my hands on in Canada. The packaging might have had something to do with it too... Anyway, It's a good product, I suppose. Practically impossible to apply without making a mess, it really takes practice. And I find it clumps my lashes together a bit. And VERY expensive! Otherwise it is a decent product, though I won't repurchase.

I got this mascara with my Sephora Lash Stash and I fell in love. This mascara has fibers in it which makes the lashes longer and fuller without clumps. It is water resistant which is something it doesn't always advertise but I think it is an important quality that the consumer should be aware of. I wore this mascara sometimes during swim team and it never smudge or gave me "raccoon eyes". I let my friend use this mascara and she's hooked on it too. Probably my favorite water proof/resistant mascara.

on 7/17/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have short, straight, and generally uncooperative lashes, and this mascara reaaaally lengthens without clumping(think dolly), as well as volumnizes! The tube is gold and classy in my opinion, and the brush is definitely innovative, though by itself it doens't seem to do much besides look cool. I like the waterproofness of it as i tested it out by going for a swim with it on. Smudged a little bit, but much better than my loreal volumnous million lashes waterproof, which went all over the place. The only 2 downsides i can think of are that it doesn't hold curl(or at least my curl) very well, and the price tag.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The brush is innovative and gives me a very sweet but made up look (makes me think this is intended for Lolita fashion). It's seems to curl lengthen and volumize well and it doesn't define badly either. I've yet to find anything I consider perfect but this one is quite good. The packaging is cute too. My gripe is I always have to wipe the brush off as it collects to much product, I think a smaller hole in the top of the tube would make this mascara better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my first high-end mascara and I was pleasantly surprised. I have Asian lashes and my monolids weigh them down. It gave me length and thickened quite a bit. The packaging is beautiful! I might rebuy this but if I find a better one I may abandon this one.