Pacifica Island Vanilla

Pacifica Island Vanilla

3.7

on 3/11/2016 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love gourmand vanilla scents, but as the previous reviewer put it, its a boring "flat" vanilla with no warmth or depth to it. I understand pacifica fragrances generally dont last as long as "chemical perfumes" but the lasting power was ridiculously short unlike the other pacifica perfumes ive tried before. 1 lippie for the typical cute pacifica packaging and clean ingredients but I would skip this one and check out their other fragrances

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Vanilla is always a safe blind buy for me, except for this one. Island Vanilla is a flat, floral, cold (not warm like the "Island" would suggest) vanilla. It never warms on my skin and is just plain off-putting.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

I bought this based on reviews, without smelling it. They do not carry this in my area. I wanted a nice vanilla perfume. I did not care for it at all. I am not sure if it just did not match my body chemistry, Most vanillas smell good on me, but not this one. I was not impressed. I think that there are better fragrances out there.

on 9/8/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just breezed past this in Whole Foods and spritzed it on my neck--hours later, I had hundreds of tiny red bumps covering my chest and neck. I do not have sensitive skin and have never had a reaction to any products before, so I was shocked! The rash lasted for over 5 days so I wouldn't touch this product with a ten-foot pole.
Get your generic vanilla scents from Bath & Body Works or Victoria's Secret.

Omg...I LOVE this fragrance! It is sweet from the vanilla, but has a softness that reminds me of an island breeze. I am very sensitive to fragrance, but this one doesn't bother me at all...in fact, I can spray this on as much as I want, because it never gets overpowering. It's lasting power isn't that great...more like a body spray than perfume, and I think the price is a bit high because of it's poor staying power. However, the scent is so lovely that I can overlook both of those drawbacks.

on 6/10/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Meh, at first sniff this smelled almost exactly like an old limited edition VS body mist I LOVED (Island Escape) However, after wearing it this turns completely linear and into a very basic, almost cloying vanilla. Will probably be returning :( decent staying power though!

on 6/9/2015 2:27:00 PM

I got this as a sample from Ulta as a perfume solid mini. It smells better in the tin. On my skin it turns into a cloying vanilla extract type scent. I think I'll just stick to vanilla scents from www.lovepotionperfume.com from now on.

on 4/17/2015 9:33:00 PM

I have returned all Pacifica products i have ever bought....they are cloying one dimensional and not worth the money. They are not an all natural line either. I have sampled this and the lemon blossom fragrance.

I bought this on a whim at Whole Foods, even though I'm not usually a fan of sweet scents. In particular, I have never liked the way vanilla scents wear on my skin, so keep that in mind for this review. However, let me start by telling you what I do like. For one thing, the price point is fantastic! Most scents packaged in a rollerball start at $20, and only go up from there. For the quality of the perfume oil that you get, $12 is great. It has excellent silage, and it is potent enough to be smelled from a distance. The packaging is also lovely, with a glass tube and a golden screw-on cap. The scent of Island Vanilla, however, leaves a bit to be desired. For starters, it smells more complex in the tube than it does on my skin. Initially, I can pick up the fruity and floral undertones, but the dry down leaves a lot to be desired. As another reviewer said, it becomes sickly sweet, with strictly vanilla notes. It even leaves me feeling a bit nauseous. That being said, if you are a fan of scents that smell like rich desserts, you may love this. Personally, my favorite scent is the perfume oil from TBS Amazonian Lily range; a light, floral scent that is a far cry from this saccharinely cloying one. I will be returning this, but the quality of the product makes me want to try a floral scent from this line.

on 1/25/2015 7:21:00 PM

My favorite scent ever! If you like Prada Candy, you'll really like this. Sweet but very clean and refreshing.

Popular Fragrances