Pacifica Island Vanilla

Pacifica - Island Vanilla perfume & eye shadow

3.8

on 11/18/2016 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been looking for a nice vanilla scent that

1. Actually smells like vanilla(unlike Lavanila)

2. Doesn't smell sugary(like a lot of the limited edition perfumes that come out seasonally)

3. Doesn't smell so synthetic(most of the lower end stuff smells very fake/chemically and kind of like play dough)

This is perfect for me. At first it does smell more complex but as it dries down it smells like real vanilla/vanilla bean with a little bit of warmth and not so sugary which I LOVE. I've been looking everywhere for a simple vanilla scent because a lot of my lipsticks and gloses have that scent and I just love it. I feel like this is more of a vanilla bean scent rather than vanilla extract. This last pretty well on me but I do have more oily skin so maybe that's why? Not too sure.

The only issue is that it's kind of expensive for 1oz. I'd like to see a larger "full size" version where you can kind of save a little money buying it cause I feel I'd go through it quickly and don't want to constantly pick it up at ULTA(since it's kind of far) lol but other than that it's an amazing perfume!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Currently my favorite cruelty free perfume! It's a really sophisticated vanilla on me; I was really surprised because I thought it would smell synthetic or too sweet, but it's very gourmand and rich. Love it, it's really a fool proof scent because everyone likes vanilla :) It also layers well with other perfumes!

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/11/2016 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love gourmand vanilla scents, but as the previous reviewer put it, its a boring "flat" vanilla with no warmth or depth to it. I understand pacifica fragrances generally dont last as long as "chemical perfumes" but the lasting power was ridiculously short unlike the other pacifica perfumes ive tried before. 1 lippie for the typical cute pacifica packaging and clean ingredients but I would skip this one and check out their other fragrances

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Vanilla is always a safe blind buy for me, except for this one. Island Vanilla is a flat, floral, cold (not warm like the "Island" would suggest) vanilla. It never warms on my skin and is just plain off-putting.

I bought this based on reviews, without smelling it. They do not carry this in my area. I wanted a nice vanilla perfume. I did not care for it at all. I am not sure if it just did not match my body chemistry, Most vanillas smell good on me, but not this one. I was not impressed. I think that there are better fragrances out there.

on 9/8/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just breezed past this in Whole Foods and spritzed it on my neck--hours later, I had hundreds of tiny red bumps covering my chest and neck. I do not have sensitive skin and have never had a reaction to any products before, so I was shocked! The rash lasted for over 5 days so I wouldn't touch this product with a ten-foot pole.
Get your generic vanilla scents from Bath & Body Works or Victoria's Secret.

Omg...I LOVE this fragrance! It is sweet from the vanilla, but has a softness that reminds me of an island breeze. I am very sensitive to fragrance, but this one doesn't bother me at all...in fact, I can spray this on as much as I want, because it never gets overpowering. It's lasting power isn't that great...more like a body spray than perfume, and I think the price is a bit high because of it's poor staying power. However, the scent is so lovely that I can overlook both of those drawbacks.

on 6/10/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Meh, at first sniff this smelled almost exactly like an old limited edition VS body mist I LOVED (Island Escape) However, after wearing it this turns completely linear and into a very basic, almost cloying vanilla. Will probably be returning :( decent staying power though!

on 6/9/2015 2:27:00 PM

I got this as a sample from Ulta as a perfume solid mini. It smells better in the tin. On my skin it turns into a cloying vanilla extract type scent. I think I'll just stick to vanilla scents from www.lovepotionperfume.com from now on.

on 4/17/2015 9:33:00 PM

I have returned all Pacifica products i have ever bought....they are cloying one dimensional and not worth the money. They are not an all natural line either. I have sampled this and the lemon blossom fragrance.

Popular Fragrances