MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

3.8

I'm actually really impressed with this product. I have combo skin with an oily t zone and dry areas on my cheeks and chin, and I find that this product works for both problems. Normally, I stay away from MAC since their products break me out, but I've been using this for about a week and my skin is ok.

Pros:
- natural finish; doesn't look cakey at all.
- you can build to medium coverage.
- beautiful sheen without looking glittery or greasy.
- doesn't break me out (although those with talc allergies should stay away).
- can be worn on its own, or used as a pretty bomb setting powder for an airbrushed look.
- lasts almost all day on its own (8-10 hours) but doesn't extend the wear of foundation for me.
- doesn't dry my skin out.
- for fuller coverage, spray brush with water before applying.

Cons:
- limited shade range. Since you can build it up fairly well, there need to be more shades to accomodate all skin tones. I'm between medium and light plus, so I use light plus and deepen it with bronzer... easier than the other way around :)
- even though the coverage is good, if your face is a different tone than your body, you might need to use bb cream or something underneath.
- doesn't extend the wear of my makeup.
- controls oil fairly well, although not as well as the MAC blot powder.

I use this with a dense kabuki brush and press it into my skin. I use either my Real Techniques buffing brush, or my Tarte kabuki. Avoid swirling with this product if you have dry flakes!

I'm completely indifferent to the packaging. It might be a bit big if you want to carry it around, but I assume there's also more product in there.

This is HG for me. It makes my skin look amazing it does have fine shimmers in it but its barely noticeable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really do love this powder! The shade is perfect because Im very fair and have a lot of pink in my skin, and I find the hint of yellow in this cancels out the pink and matches my neck much better. I like that no matter how much of this stuff I can put on it never looks powdery. My one gripe though is even though I don't have oily skin I tend to have an oily nose and forehead by the end of the day.I usually have to touch up, which is not a problem, I still love this stuff!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have rosacea and somewhat dry skin. I've been searching for a good pressed powder that will give me some coverage, set my foundation, and give me an overall better look when i'm not wearing foundation, while not looking cakey or powdery or settling into facial lines.
I am very happy with this powder. It looks relatively natural and doesn't make me look like a mummy, as some powders, even so-called translucent ones, have. Light Plus is a good match for my skin tone, which is between NC 15 and NC 20, and is neutral leaning slightly to golden. When i'm just wearing moisturizer, i brush this over the apples of my cheeks, my chin, and the sides of my jaw to tone down shine and redness, using a fluffy Kashuk Tools brush (the ones with the black contoured handles) - i think i'm actually using her blush brush (but, then, i use a fluffy angled eye shadow brush to apply blush on my cheek bones).
Will i never try another face powder? Sure, i will. But for now i'm very happy with both the feel of this powder, its finish, and its color.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was on the search for a good pressed powder that would give me some coverage, set my foundation, and just give me that all over 'better' look to my foundation while not looking cakey or powdery. I really thought that I found my HG powder. It looked amazing! Soooo natural yet flawless. It really looked like I had no powder on my face. On top of that, light plus was a perfect match for my nc20 skintone and didn't oxidize throughout the day. But the reason I WILL NEVER USE THIS AGAIN: it gave me little bumps ALL OVER MY FACE. Not painful cystic acne or anything like that, but skin-colored bumps everywhere. :( It just really made my skin look bad w/o mu. My skin is more important to me then makeup so I will not be repurchasing this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall, I love this product. It gives me a matte yet dewy finish and looks very very natural. It is the perfect powder that I have been looking for. It is the very first powder that doesn't make me look cakey (and I tried it with some foundations that usually look cakey when set with powder).
The only downside to this is though, that it is a little bit too light for me. It is winter, so I can wear it, but it makes me look a little pale and sick. This is the reason I said, that I would not repurchase it. I am still rating 5 stars, because it is not the product's fault that the MAC lady matched me wrong. (Due to the lightning in that shop, it really looked like a good match, though). I should've gotten this in Medium. (I tried tried to return it, but they won't take it back. I've only used it once, still have the original packaging and the reciept not very customer friendly..)