MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.4

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'll start by saying I'm not usually a MAC fan. Anything I've tried from them in the past, I've either ended up straight disliking or finding a dupe for a fraction of the price. This is actually an HG product for me now.

My face isn't super oily. I don't end up looking shiny or anything, but my makeup tends to slide anyway, and there's very few face products I've found where I don't have sliding/patching issues. As such, if I wear any type of foundation/bb cream/tinted moisturizer, I NEED to set it with something. What I was on the hunt for was a powder that would set everything and keep it in place, but without giving my face that dried, flat, cardboard look. I have mattyfying powders that keep my makeup in place, but they tend to look rather flat and make my skin look dry.

This powder, for me, is fantastic. Sets everything, nothing moves even after a 12+ hour work day, and my face doesn't look like someone sucked the life out of it. It's not shimmery or dewy, but it's also not so ridiculously matte that it looks unnatural. This also gives a small amount of coverage, so on good skin days or days when I'm lazy, I can throw this over some green tinted moisturizer or primer and be good to go.

I like to apply this almost like a bake on my whole face. I apply it with a dry sponge all over, pressing it into the skin, let it hang out for a minute or two while I do my brows and curl my lashes, then swipe off any excess with a fluffy brush. It finishes evening everything out and diffuses any texture on my face that my foundation may have had a bit of trouble with.

Using this at least 5-6 days a week, it lasted close to three months, so it's a great value and the fact that it's pressed means it's easy to take with you for touch-ups if needed. Also, once I get to the point where it's almost all gone and I just have a small ring of product around the outside, too little to get on my sponge or brush for my face, I also use it as an eye base over primer for natural looks, since it's already a perfect match to my skin tone, and it lasts all day on my eyes too, even though that's not what it was designed for.

A gorgeous powder that makes my skin look perfect and doesn't look cakey, with a more natural finish than Studio Fix. It is pricey but I would buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A more 'natural looking' product from the range but still feel look very made up! I love a healthy glow and a good highlighter but don't like to look too caked on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like how this makes my skin look. It is a great match for my pale skin. Unfortunately it has the distinction of being the only MAC product that has ever broken my skin out! My skin rarely reacts to products so I was very surprised. I use the Medium/Dark as a bronzer and that has never affected my skin. Disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this powder over a year ago. Don't use powder everyday, but time by time very frequent (more during the winter season/spring). This is so far the best powder that I came across. I use this powder as a sort of foundation as well, not as a additional product. It sits great on my skin. Where other powders make skin feel dry, this makes it feel good. My skin can still breath. It doesn't give me pimples or whatever. It suits both my summer and my winter skin (not that I get an enormous tan). The package is amazing. Have been carrying it along with me in many bags, other packages of eyeshadow, blush or whatever haven't survived. Have dropped it as well, again it survived. It is a bit pricy, but well, for a product you can use for such a long time and that's so good, you have to pay that price.

Perfect! I use it to set my make up everyday and it lasts me six months plus. You can layer it up to help with contouring. This shade goes perfectly with Mac nw15 studio sculpt or YSL fusion ink BR20. The packaging is great I just wish it had a mirror!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG powder. I have combo-oily skin, so my cheeks are always dry and my T-Zone is an oil slick. This powder is not the most amazing for oil control, but it's other properties are so great I continue to use it. It makes all of my foundations look amazing (even drugstore foundations) and gives my skin an airbrushed look despite my obvious breakouts. The packaging has been updated to include a mirror now. I was initially worried about the shimmery finish drawing attention to my oily skin, but I find that it makes me look healthier and less washed out than most matte powders.

I had such high hopes....but this was just an average powder which didn't even keep me semi-matte for an hour. I do think that a lot of MAC's loyal fans love it because it is MAC (and how could they do any wrong?) but to me this is unremarkable.

It doesn't clump over my foundation even when it is still wet, so that's something. I had bad luck with some of Mally's powders doing this (and I love a lot of Mally items) so I am pleased with MAC in this regard.

I got this in a swap and I am so glad that I didn't go out and buy this. The color is a perfect match for my NC15 skin though, and doesn't oxidize on me like some powders can. I have read that other reviews use this almost like a mineral foundation, buffing it into the skin rather than on top of a liquid foundation. I haven't tried it like this but perhaps this will work better for me. I will update when I have tried it. I probably still won't repurchase it though.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I absolutely love this product!

I use this by dabbing my MAC 129 and swirl it on my skin. I get as much coverage as I want since it is easily buildable.

It lasts all day, but the desired look is best kept if I wear a moisturizer underneath.

My new favourite powder (replacing Sensai Kanebo total finish).

I love this product so much! If I ever look tired this is the magic secret which helps revive my fair complexion and give me a little glow. I recommend it highly! I hope the company never discontinues this product! It is a must have.