MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This just doesn't work for me. I'm oily, 28 with some texture. As a setting powder over foundation or TM it looks nice initially but slides off my face once my oil breaks through. I have the same result when used as a mineral powder foundation. It's super smooth, blurring and a nice product overall - but if you're oily, I'd keep your receipt to be able to return if it doesn't work for you.

PS: Light is super fair and works for me when I'm at my fairest in winter. I'm around N15. NC20 in summer.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

My search for the perfect pore-minimizing pressed powder continues, but I am pretty impressed with this stuff, which I received from a lovely swapper. It mattifies, but it also illuminates a bit (the minerals?) so if you are looking for a strictly mattifying powder without any reflective qualities I'd go for that "old faithful" Blot instead.
It has more coverage than I usually get, the color is impressively neutral--more yellow than pink, which I prefer in a powder--and I've noticed that I ALWAYS get compliments on my skin when I wear it. So either it's a great powder or people can just see that I'm wearing makeup and feel compelled to say something. Ha.
However, I must remove a lippie because there is no mirror or puff in the compact, which makes no sense! Powder is one of the few things that it's acceptable to touch up in public, and it's annoying to have to lug around another (first-world problems, but still!) and a brush.
Would probably not buy again (I wish you could do B2M for credit/other items than lipstick and eyeshadow) but would gladly swap for another so I could keep it in the arsenal. If I do buy a MAC powder it will probably be that the more basic and practical Blot.