MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.3

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one of my favorite powders that has a natural, luminous glow. I prefer the older packaging without a mirror; when it was updated a few years ago the included mirror made it much bulkier. This applies very smoothly and I normally use it to set my foundation. You can also use it as a foundation, buffed on all over with a kabuki for light to medium coverage. I have normal to oily skin and I prefer a powder that isn't totally matte and looks like skin. I would purchase this again and am on my 3rd container of this. For reference, I'm NC15 and can wear the shade Light in the winter and Light Plus during the spring/summer months. I will continue to repurchase this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'll start by saying I'm not usually a MAC fan. Anything I've tried from them in the past, I've either ended up straight disliking or finding a dupe for a fraction of the price. This is actually an HG product for me now.

My face isn't super oily. I don't end up looking shiny or anything, but my makeup tends to slide anyway, and there's very few face products I've found where I don't have sliding/patching issues. As such, if I wear any type of foundation/bb cream/tinted moisturizer, I NEED to set it with something. What I was on the hunt for was a powder that would set everything and keep it in place, but without giving my face that dried, flat, cardboard look. I have mattyfying powders that keep my makeup in place, but they tend to look rather flat and make my skin look dry.

This powder, for me, is fantastic. Sets everything, nothing moves even after a 12+ hour work day, and my face doesn't look like someone sucked the life out of it. It's not shimmery or dewy, but it's also not so ridiculously matte that it looks unnatural. This also gives a small amount of coverage, so on good skin days or days when I'm lazy, I can throw this over some green tinted moisturizer or primer and be good to go.

I like to apply this almost like a bake on my whole face. I apply it with a dry sponge all over, pressing it into the skin, let it hang out for a minute or two while I do my brows and curl my lashes, then swipe off any excess with a fluffy brush. It finishes evening everything out and diffuses any texture on my face that my foundation may have had a bit of trouble with.

Using this at least 5-6 days a week, it lasted close to three months, so it's a great value and the fact that it's pressed means it's easy to take with you for touch-ups if needed. Also, once I get to the point where it's almost all gone and I just have a small ring of product around the outside, too little to get on my sponge or brush for my face, I also use it as an eye base over primer for natural looks, since it's already a perfect match to my skin tone, and it lasts all day on my eyes too, even though that's not what it was designed for.

I'm actually really impressed with this product. I have combo skin with an oily t zone and dry areas on my cheeks and chin, and I find that this product works for both problems. Normally, I stay away from MAC since their products break me out, but I've been using this for about a week and my skin is ok.

Pros:
- natural finish; doesn't look cakey at all.
- you can build to medium coverage.
- beautiful sheen without looking glittery or greasy.
- doesn't break me out (although those with talc allergies should stay away).
- can be worn on its own, or used as a pretty bomb setting powder for an airbrushed look.
- lasts almost all day on its own (8-10 hours) but doesn't extend the wear of foundation for me.
- doesn't dry my skin out.
- for fuller coverage, spray brush with water before applying.

Cons:
- limited shade range. Since you can build it up fairly well, there need to be more shades to accomodate all skin tones. I'm between medium and light plus, so I use light plus and deepen it with bronzer... easier than the other way around :)
- even though the coverage is good, if your face is a different tone than your body, you might need to use bb cream or something underneath.
- doesn't extend the wear of my makeup.
- controls oil fairly well, although not as well as the MAC blot powder.

I use this with a dense kabuki brush and press it into my skin. I use either my Real Techniques buffing brush, or my Tarte kabuki. Avoid swirling with this product if you have dry flakes!

I'm completely indifferent to the packaging. It might be a bit big if you want to carry it around, but I assume there's also more product in there.

it looks like mac takes in mind MUA's members!!
this magnificent powder NOW with a great box and a mirror!!

the product is superb, very lightweight, adds light coverage without caking and GLOWS without glitter !
i mostly use it as a setting powder, or over a bb or a tinted moisturizer.

as lots of members mentioned, watch out for your matching color.
it usualy is lighter than you expect.and mac sa's aren't always helpfull with this.
i am an nc20 (and less). i was advised to buy the medium plus!!!!! thankfully to myself i desided not to and initially bought medium instead, in the loose form.
even this was darkening for my skintone but it will be alright for the summer when i darken some tones of my makeup.
so i keep it for summer and yesterday i went back to these nasty sa s and bought the light plus compact without permission...
this really works for my tone and it s lovely.
i ll also have it in my purse for little touch ups, along with a small mufe kabuki brush (in a small purse),

don t throw away the plastic dome shaped cover. keep it to protect the mirror and use and use a very soft brush (like a kabuki).

edit: a great way to use it, using it as foundation, is with moisted brush. just spray a fix or some water on a kabuki brush, swirl over thw powder and apply on skin. VERY natural, velvety result, still lightweight, but more coverage.

Perfect! I use it to set my make up everyday and it lasts me six months plus. You can layer it up to help with contouring. This shade goes perfectly with Mac nw15 studio sculpt or YSL fusion ink BR20. The packaging is great I just wish it had a mirror!

I am in LOVE with this powder. I am so happy that I tried it out on a whim one day after searching for the perfect natural setting powder for so long. I've used several other of MAC's face powders and the skinfinish natural is by far my favorite.

I have combination skin that's usually pretty thirsty (no flaky patches though) and I have quite a bit of oiliness in my T-zone. This powder is an absolute godsend for me. I know MAC recommends their blot or sheer pressed powder for those with oil problems, but those have left me looking extremely dry, dull, and far too matte for my liking. The skinfinish natural sets my tinted moisturizer/foundation so beautifully... it blurs my pores and leaves my skin looking dewy and glowing but not greasy at all! It doesn't give me any cakiness and leaves my skin looking absolutely flawless without that "heavy makeup" look.

I love this powder so much that I don't even mind spending $40 CAD on it. Even though that is REALLY steep, it's definitey worth it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Nice powder ...never settle in my fine lines...looks natural and just beautiful gives nice finish and glow ....not the best to control oil or keep your face matte and shine free though ... .will buy again

I had such high hopes....but this was just an average powder which didn't even keep me semi-matte for an hour. I do think that a lot of MAC's loyal fans love it because it is MAC (and how could they do any wrong?) but to me this is unremarkable.

It doesn't clump over my foundation even when it is still wet, so that's something. I had bad luck with some of Mally's powders doing this (and I love a lot of Mally items) so I am pleased with MAC in this regard.

I got this in a swap and I am so glad that I didn't go out and buy this. The color is a perfect match for my NC15 skin though, and doesn't oxidize on me like some powders can. I have read that other reviews use this almost like a mineral foundation, buffing it into the skin rather than on top of a liquid foundation. I haven't tried it like this but perhaps this will work better for me. I will update when I have tried it. I probably still won't repurchase it though.

honestly, I don't get the hype. it's just a powder. it didn't make my skin look super duper prefect or airbrushed or anything. I used it alone with a flat top brush and Orr foundation and just wasn't really "wowed" like I expected to be. the color match was great for me and it didn't oxidize at all which was a plus, bit it would look a little weird on my oily spots as the day went on. I wouldn't repurchase. I don't know if this was causing my chin to clog or not, but I'll probably give it away.

EDIT: I went back to this, because it ate me up that I spent so much on something that was just sitting in my drawer. Bad mistake! One time, and it caused a cyst on my chin. I was just getting rid of three others, and then another one I get from this crap. I'm putting it in my Back2MAC and leaving it.

**If you have sensitive skin, I DO NOT recommend!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I absolutely love this product!

I use this by dabbing my MAC 129 and swirl it on my skin. I get as much coverage as I want since it is easily buildable.

It lasts all day, but the desired look is best kept if I wear a moisturizer underneath.

My new favourite powder (replacing Sensai Kanebo total finish).