MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

Filtered by skin type : Dry

4.1

This powder always seems to emphasize texture/pores on my face that weren't there in the first place. It is not a matte powder, but it does not give me that skin-like finish described by others. It works well with a damp beauty blender under the eyes to set concealer, and I do like the shade (light plus) for my cool pale olive skin.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought my third compact of this back in March, and now in August with use almost every other day, it looks practically untouched. This is great for days where I don't want to spend time blending out my liquid foundation. It gives good coverage and a nice glow without making the skin cakey. When put over a BB cream, your skin will literally just look so healthy and flawless. It's a bit pricy at $37 CAD, but it really is worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was looking round for a setting powder for my foundation & had read such good things about this powder so i bit the bullet and forked out the money for it. Very disappointed. It is really cakey even if I only use a very small amount. It doesn't give a lasting matte finnish but as it's cakey you can't really layer it.

Total waste of money for me, it looks horrible on me. It drys my skin out horridly but doesn't seem to have any benefits in the way of setting or mattifying.

This my HG powder.

I am a freckled ginger with dry skin who is very pale! This powder applies perfectly to set my makeup without covering up too many freckles. It is very fine and it makes my skin feel incredibly soft and doesn't dry out my moisturizers underneath. Doesn't feel like you're wearing it at all and doesn't make me look dusty.

I wear light plus over Smashbox's SheerFocus tinted moisturizer in fair and the combo gives me a healthy even glow.

After I purchased it the first time I thought it was too expensive and went back to drugstore brands. After wasting money twice on horrible powders I gave in and went back to MSFN. Will be repurchasing from now on.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must say, now that I have the correct color of this product I have to agree with the majority of the reviewers that this powder is pretty amazing! It doesn't leave a powderey finish, has a small amount of coverage and acts as the most perfect setting powder for foundation. I have dry skin and this doesn't emphasize flakes or creep into lines...it really is an awesome product. If you have oily skin, this may not be matte enough for you. It still lets whatever is underneath it show through so I don't see it being the best oil absorber. Originally, when I went to the MAC store the SA matched me to medium plus. I tried it for 2 weeks and couldn't figure out why my face looked so dang pink!! Then I saw on here that laurenclark rec'd light plus for nc25 skin (more suitable for yellow undertones) and it's a perfect match!!! It looks really light in the pan but it really is perfect for nc20-25 skintones. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is lovely. It provides a soft finish but still a good amount of coverage. You won't look chalky with this powder. I wore this all through the summer over BB cream and my skin looked even and natural. It did not cover up my skin, but rather, commplimented it. I am NW20 and this shade appears to be made just for me. In the DC humidity I got about 6 hours wear from this product, which is pretty great and more than I generally expect.

The only downside is that blush seemed to slip right off my face when applied on top of this powder. Also, once you hit pan you will think that there is more product, but you will be wrong and it is a downer.

This is a great skin finishing product after liquid foundation or BB cream. It works well to reduce shine and seal the base. I am now only using it on my t-zone as it made the rest of my face look a little too dry. That being said, you really only need to set oilier areas anyway. I will keep repurchasing this as it is perfect not too heavy, not too light.

After purchasing the product I didn't like it... at all! I was so dissapointed. But than after a couple of weeks I started liking it. I'm not sure what happened but now I absolutely LOVE this product. It doesn't get cakey and the color is a perfect match for skin. This powder sets my foundation very nicely. It looks natural on skin! I will be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have FINALLY found my HG powder!
'Light Plus' is the perfect powder for very fair skinned ladies like myself who like to look like they have blood running through their veins without looking tangoed.
It has just the right amount of extra pigment to set off my foundation with a healthy dewy looking glow.
Leaves me looking flawless and smooth.

This is the third powder i've tried out of the Mac Mineralize skinfinish range.
The first i tried was 'Medium' which made me look badly tanned and people actually commented telling me that i'd 'caught the sun' so i gave it to my sister and it matched her skin perfectly!

The second i tried was 'Light' and i got on with it for a while, i even re purchased it but then i started noticing that in pictures of myself- my skin was starting to look a little grey!
A bit too ashy and definitely a no no in the winter unless you like the 'corpse look'.

Definitely sticking to Light Plus now :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have rosacea and somewhat dry skin. I've been searching for a good pressed powder that will give me some coverage, set my foundation, and give me an overall better look when i'm not wearing foundation, while not looking cakey or powdery or settling into facial lines.
I am very happy with this powder. It looks relatively natural and doesn't make me look like a mummy, as some powders, even so-called translucent ones, have. Light Plus is a good match for my skin tone, which is between NC 15 and NC 20, and is neutral leaning slightly to golden. When i'm just wearing moisturizer, i brush this over the apples of my cheeks, my chin, and the sides of my jaw to tone down shine and redness, using a fluffy Kashuk Tools brush (the ones with the black contoured handles) - i think i'm actually using her blush brush (but, then, i use a fluffy angled eye shadow brush to apply blush on my cheek bones).
Will i never try another face powder? Sure, i will. But for now i'm very happy with both the feel of this powder, its finish, and its color.