MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this as a setting powder because I wear liquid foundations and concealer often. I love this stuff. It looks dry in the pan but applies beautifully. I have dry to normal skin and this doesn't make my makeup look thick or cakey. It gives me a natural/satin finish without that powdery ghost look. My skin tone is NC15 and Light Plus is a perfect match. It's very finely milled but not messy during application which is always a plus. It will cling to dry patches or acne that's healing so be mindful of that. Overall, I really like this stuff. It's the best-performing face powder I've tried in years.

Love this.. I'm in NC 15 in mac I use this for second skin look

A gorgeous powder that makes my skin look perfect and doesn't look cakey, with a more natural finish than Studio Fix. It is pricey but I would buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought my third compact of this back in March, and now in August with use almost every other day, it looks practically untouched. This is great for days where I don't want to spend time blending out my liquid foundation. It gives good coverage and a nice glow without making the skin cakey. When put over a BB cream, your skin will literally just look so healthy and flawless. It's a bit pricy at $37 CAD, but it really is worth it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I had a horrendous experience with this product. I had a long talk with a girl working at Mac all about my skin and my make up routine etc so when she recommended this I assumed she knew exactly what she was talking about. Essentially I have oily skin with some dry patches around my mouth and nose. Usually make up doesn't really affect my skin, as long as I have a good beauty routine and wear minimal make up everything is fine! This product was supposed to keep my face matte and ensure that my oily skin didn't cause my concealer to slide so essentially it was supposed to make things even better! Instead, every inch of my face that touched this product became more and more oily and broke out horrendously. For a while I thought it could be something else, other make up or a hormonal/stress issue. I slowly cut a number of products out of my routine until this was the only one left so I am 100% that this caused my break outs. Even aside from the breakouts, this product didn't impress me at all. It didn't do what it was supposed to, I always felt like it had already disappeared off my face after an hour or two and it didn't control my oil at all. Considering the price (which in my opinion really isn't cheap) I wasn't happy at all. Perhaps it would have a more appropriate and more lasting affect on dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A more 'natural looking' product from the range but still feel look very made up! I love a healthy glow and a good highlighter but don't like to look too caked on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like how this makes my skin look. It is a great match for my pale skin. Unfortunately it has the distinction of being the only MAC product that has ever broken my skin out! My skin rarely reacts to products so I was very surprised. I use the Medium/Dark as a bronzer and that has never affected my skin. Disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this powder over a year ago. Don't use powder everyday, but time by time very frequent (more during the winter season/spring). This is so far the best powder that I came across. I use this powder as a sort of foundation as well, not as a additional product. It sits great on my skin. Where other powders make skin feel dry, this makes it feel good. My skin can still breath. It doesn't give me pimples or whatever. It suits both my summer and my winter skin (not that I get an enormous tan). The package is amazing. Have been carrying it along with me in many bags, other packages of eyeshadow, blush or whatever haven't survived. Have dropped it as well, again it survived. It is a bit pricy, but well, for a product you can use for such a long time and that's so good, you have to pay that price.

I'm actually really impressed with this product. I have combo skin with an oily t zone and dry areas on my cheeks and chin, and I find that this product works for both problems. Normally, I stay away from MAC since their products break me out, but I've been using this for about a week and my skin is ok.

Pros:
- natural finish; doesn't look cakey at all.
- you can build to medium coverage.
- beautiful sheen without looking glittery or greasy.
- doesn't break me out (although those with talc allergies should stay away).
- can be worn on its own, or used as a pretty bomb setting powder for an airbrushed look.
- lasts almost all day on its own (8-10 hours) but doesn't extend the wear of foundation for me.
- doesn't dry my skin out.
- for fuller coverage, spray brush with water before applying.

Cons:
- limited shade range. Since you can build it up fairly well, there need to be more shades to accomodate all skin tones. I'm between medium and light plus, so I use light plus and deepen it with bronzer... easier than the other way around :)
- even though the coverage is good, if your face is a different tone than your body, you might need to use bb cream or something underneath.
- doesn't extend the wear of my makeup.
- controls oil fairly well, although not as well as the MAC blot powder.

I use this with a dense kabuki brush and press it into my skin. I use either my Real Techniques buffing brush, or my Tarte kabuki. Avoid swirling with this product if you have dry flakes!

I'm completely indifferent to the packaging. It might be a bit big if you want to carry it around, but I assume there's also more product in there.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product so much, especially with the new packaging. I have very sensitive skin and this is the only powder I've tried that doesn't make my skin look and feel horrible once I take my makeup off.

I use it primarily as a setting powder over a BB cream or light foundation. Light plus is ever so lighter than my skin tone, but as my BB cream is a tad too dark, it balances out nicely without making me look too ghosty. It makes my face feel velvety to the touch and keeps the shine at bay.